June 2018 Moms

DD Check In 2nd Week of June 3/8 Edition

We definitely haven't caught up in a while. It seemed a lot more important when milestones and symptoms changed literally every week in first tri and the very beginning of 2nd tri.

Next week is our last week in 2nd trimesters.
Overall how was 2nd trimester for you?
What are you most looking forward to the most about 3rd tri?
What are you least looking forward to about 3rd tri?
Are you having a shower, if so when is it and what's the theme (if you know)?
What name(s) have you picked?

Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM

Re: DD Check In 2nd Week of June 3/8 Edition

• Overall how was 2nd trimester for you? pretty good. More energy. Heartburn kicked up at night but the last couple weeks have been fine. Lots of late night interruptions with bathroom and tossing and turning but I make up for it by going to bed earlier and taking naps on weekends.

What are you most looking forward to the most about 3rd tri? Next week is my last week at my job, so I'm looking forward to not working full time. Having time to get the house together for the baby and having more time to walk/workout/yoga and spend time with DH.

What are you least looking forward to about 3rd tri? The additional discomfort of a growing baby. 

Are you having a shower, if so when is it and what's the theme (if you know)? Shower is April 21 (32 weeks) theme is FSU/ seminole football 

What name(s) have you picked? DH's name the III
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Overall how was 2nd trimester for you?
    I still have a couple of weeks before hitting that 28 week mark I consider the third trimester. But so far so good. I’m feeling better for the most part and was finally able to come off the Diclegis between 24 and 25 weeks.

Looking forward to the weather warming up and getting closer to meeting this little one. We also have our babymoon coming up in a couple of weeks (will be 28 weeks for that) and I’m really looking forward to that trip.

Getting to that super uncomfortable state of pregnancy at the end 

We are having a baby shower on April 7th (I will be 30+ weeks). The theme is a surprise to us
    Her name is Aubrey Lynn (Lynn is my mothers middle name as well) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Overall how was 2nd trimester for you? 
    Its been pretty decent. Normal pregnancy aches and pains, but nothing close to the misery of the 1st. Sleeping is tough but actually got better as I figured out positions that worked, although I'm sure it's going to get bad again.

Being able to feel more confident that if he was born early, he'd most likely be ok. Also looking forward to warmer weather and hopefully my bf and mom being able to feel him from the outside. 

More unknowns and symptoms I'm not used to. Honestly, I am scared to death of the whole birth part. I know our bodies are made to do this and it will be worth it once he's here but still scares the crap out of me. And I guess this is 4th trimester, but I'm worried about feeling sad, missing him on the inside. 

April 28th. It's an outdoorsy, rustic type theme.

I'd say we are 90% set on Mateo. Thinking Mateo Jax. 

@BurlapandLace
    I was 100% set on a girls name at like 8 weeks--Aubrielle Rose. So I really love Aubrey. 

@ffw0617 I too am so looking forward to time off. Mine won't be until maternity leave starts but I am definitely very much looking forward to time at home. 
  • Overall how was 2nd trimester for you?- not bad...it went by fast!  I'm starting to have some sleep issues.  I fall asleep easily but if I wake up to pee or with DD1 good luck going back to sleep.  It usually doesn't happen until right before my alarm goes off- so that is fun.
    What are you most looking forward to the most about 3rd tri?- the excitement of meeting baby!
    What are you least looking forward to about 3rd tri? The reality of splitting my attention between an almost 2 year old and newborn.  It is definitely a strange feeling...being preg from about now on I feel ready to not be pregnant anymore (although fortunately I have had pretty easy pregnancies so I am thankful for that) but once I'm not pregnant I kind of miss it and get jealous of other pregnant women.  This will be my last so I'm trying to savor it.
    Are you having a shower, if so when is it and what's the theme (if you know)? Nope.  Stm and I think I've got everything I need.
    What name(s) have you picked- Amelia, still working on a middle
  • Overall how was 2nd trimester for you?  Not as comfortable as I remember it being with past pregnancies, which is making me dread 3rd tri.
    What are you most looking forward to the most about 3rd tri? Not having to travel as much for work.
    What are you least looking forward to about 3rd tri?  Clothes not fitting right - at all.
    Are you having a shower, if so when is it and what's the theme (if you know)? No shower for baby #3.
    What name(s) have you picked? Nothing has been picked for certain, but we're leaning towards Benjamin.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018