July 2018 Moms
Options

GTKY - Makeup

Selfishly starting this for some ideas but also to get to know everyone a bit! (Please delete if not ok)

So, I've worn makeup for years and off and on I'll stop wearing foundation but I have been wearing it for a few years now and I am running into issues with it looking splotchy or completely gone by the end of the day. I'm realizing that I am pretty cheap when it comes to my make up and I need to stop because it is important to me and looking like crap with the cheap stuff is getting old. 

For those mamas and future mamas that wear makeup, what do you use?

Favorite----
Foundation:
Cover-up/powder:
Blush/highlighter:
Eye shadow:
Lipstick:
Mascara:
Anything else that is must use:
Cost $,$$, $$$:

Re: GTKY - Makeup

• Options
    zg49zg49 member
    Here is what I use, not necessarily my "favorite"

Favorite----
    Foundation: I've used Neutrogena, E.L.F. , and Covergirl. (favorite in that order) I've been using Covergirl the most lately because the E.L.F in my shade has been out of stock for months and the Neutrogena I felt was too expensive. Covergirl is looking like crap though!

Cover-up/powder: I've been using Covergirl here as well but my favorite was Mary Kay. I can't find a distributor near me now so I can't get it anymore.  

Blush/highlighter: I've been using E.L.F blush and I really like it!

Eye shadow: E.L.F has been great for what I have used. I have also had great success with Almay.

Lipstick: I found a cheaper Essence lipstick at our Ulta Beauty that I really like. Just started wearing lipstick a year ago so I am new to this part of makeup. I didn't want to spend $15 plus until I knew for sure I'd like wearing lipstick every day.

Mascara: Maybelline or E.L.F. I have naturally long eyelashes so I usually just go for a black option and don't worry about the mascara that offers extra benefits. 

Anything else that is must use: I don't use anything else except black eyeliner. I found a nice liquid liner with E.L.F. as well.

Cost $,$$, $$$: All my stuff is very cheap $ but it's starting to look cheap when I wear it so I'm ready to branch out!

I am very pale, usually use the lightest foundation offered and sometimes those are even too dark and I don't tan in the summer. 

• Options
    So I don't wear any makeup daily  :# but I'm gonna stalk this thread for ideas. When I do wear makeup it's:

Mary Kay CC cream (basically a tinted moisturizer) 
    Mascara (whatever caught my eye in target)

@zg49 can't you order Mary Kay online? 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I order makeup from 100% pure. I think many makeup brands are very dirty in that they contain chemicals that are not necessary. It is hard to pick products that cut out all of the junk though because they still need to have a preservative to achieve shelf life. The makeup from 100% pure is fruit pigmented so most of the colors are natural.  I will admit to using younique #2 eyeshadow pallet. They boast that they do not use chemicals that Europe has banned but they do have some chemicals in there. 

100% pure is pricey. $45 for powders and blushes. I love their fruit pigmented tinted moisturizer and wear that all year around instead of foundation.

• Options
    krystlerrkrystlerr member
    edited March 2018
    This is a fun thread. Thanks for starting! 

Foundation: Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation ($$$); it is pricey but the bottle lasts me forever and you don’t need much. It has buildable coverage and has been good for my acne prone combo skin. It also lasts all day for me. 

Cover-up/powder: I use the Naked color corrector ($$) in peach for my undereye and just started using the Sephora brand make no mistake concealer ($). I have dark undereye circles and this combo works well for me. 

Blush/highlighter: I have been using the tarte Amazonian clay blush ($$)

Eye shadow: I don’t normally wear eyeshadow during the week/at work but I do love using the urban decay Naked eyeshadow palettes ($$). Also have a couple ColourPop ($) ones that I use. 

Lipstick: I don’t normally wear lipstick. On weekends when I go out, I wear Marc Jacobs liquid lip creme ($$) in a neutral rose pink color. 

Mascara: I always like experimenting with this and right now I’ve been using IT cosmetics mascara. It’s good but kind of hard to remove. ($$)

Anything else that is must use: I also really love the Marc Jacobs dewy highlighter. You can mix it with your foundation or on top of makeup for a little boost and the bottle has lasted me over a year. ($$)

Also editing to add the following key items I forgot to mention: Anastasia tinted brow gel to fill in /darken mine, cover FX primer, Laura mercier secret brightening powder to set undereye area and Makeup forever setting powder for all over, Marc Jacobs gel eye crayon eyeliner and urban decay setting spray. 
  • Options
    Mobile so I’m going to do my best..note I’m very pale and have very dry skin.

Foundation: Giorgio Armani is my absolute favorite but it is a SPLURGE. Barring that I have pretty good skin so I get by with the bare minerals tinted moisturizer and if I want a dewy look I’ll add the tiniest bit of Becca backlight priming filter.

Concealer: Maybelline works great and a great dupe for Nars

Blush/Highlighter: Milani Blush in Luminoso, Becca Highlighter in Opal or Champagne Pop 

Eyeshadow: Morphe (now in Ulta) has fantastic palettes very inexpensive if you’re trying to get a lot of colors. Very high quality for the price. I also really like the Makeup Forever colors, they’re much more expensive but the pan size is bigger and they last forever. 

Lipstick: I’ve used all kinds. You really can’t go wrong with Maybelline, NYX, or Revlon. For splurge options, Anastasia BH liquids, Nars, Chanel. 

Mascara: L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof is the ONLY thing you need. It’s fantastic and cheap which is great since you’re supposed to throw them out every 3-4 months. Exact dupe for Dior Show. I also use L’Oreal Superslim Liquid Eyeliner.

I also use Anastasia Brow Wiz, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment especially *before* bed. I promise you will feel a difference when you wake up in the morning and makes a huge difference when you put your lipstick on. 

Im also SUPER dry so skin care is super important to me otherwise it’s flake city and my foundation looks terrible. I have really really loved garnier micellar water for cleansing and L’Oreal Hydra Genius for Moisturizer. 

I splurge when I can but can easily get by with a lot of drug store products. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Fun thread!  I don't wear a ton of makeup, but the stuff I wear is pretty consistent (as in a small amount, but almost daily)

Foundation: I like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (Ulta makes a much more affordable and (I think) comparable product in their line of primers also) and Urban Decay Naked weightless foundation.  My biggest thing with foundation is I have to not be able to feel it at all.  I hate the feel of oily or greasy skin.  Ick. 

Cover-up/powder: I use the Ulta brand mineral setting powder.  

Blush/highlighter: I have a few but I don't wear it routinely. No favorites here. 

Eye shadow: I usually use Urban Decay eye primer in Minor Sin, and then the Urban Decay Naked Palette.  I love that thing and I will keep replacing mine until I find a better alternative.  lol. 

Lipstick: I don’t normally wear lipstick (same).  Chapstick usually...every once in a while I will wear a matte lip color.  

Mascara: I've been using Benefit Roller Lash mascara for years.  I keep thinking that I should look into alternatives, but I'm lazy....

Anything else that is must use: I am really picky about eye liner and for some reason the only one that I have found that I love is Maybelline's Line Stilleto.  It's the best!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Options
    Oh man. On a normal day I literally wear nothing sometimes, or else just mascara. I just buy whatever from the drug store. Sometimes if I have a meeting or hearing I'll also do urban decay naked pallet eye shadow, and a mac lip pencil. (Not like lip liner, it's just a lip stick pencil). I used bare minerals for a while when I was having acne issues but haven't used that in a long time. I should probably put more effort into my makeup but I've just never been much of a makeup person. 
  • Options
    zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited March 2018
    I have very sensitive skin. I used to go the cheaper route until I broke out extremely bad. I started talking to some of my makeup obsessed friends to get input. The thing they all said is that it is worth spending the money on makeup that is going to make you look and feel good. I started to dabble with different lines. This is what I use currently and have had no issues with breakouts or looking blotchy.
    Favorite----
    Foundation: Tarte Clay stick and Urban Decay all nighter liquid foundation.  Both take very little and they last all day. I rotate between the two.
    Cover-up/powder: Taste clay pressed powder
    Blush/highlighter: Benefit' s Dandelion Highlighter- again, a little goes a long way
    Eye shadow: lately I've been using too faced peanut butter and jelly palette. 
    Lipstick: I typically stick to chapstick.
    Mascara: Tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes - goes on smooth, doesnt clump, and makes lashes look good
    Anything else that is must use: I use Tarte's  Sex Kitten eyeliner. For primer I use nyx photo finish primer in green. Setting spray, I use Japonesque. I also use Benefits gimme brow to shade in my spotty brows and their highlighter. Tarte's shape tape concealer (LOVE)
    Cost $,$$, $$$: mostly $$ however, my makeup lasts a long time. My skin doesn't breakout, nor does it look blotchy. 

Note worthy items:
    Covergirls Katy Perry Mascara
    NYX mechanical eyeliner
    NYX setting spray in dewy finish
    Urban Decay all nighter setting spray
    Urban Decay eye shadows 
    Ulta eye shadows
    Too Faced eye shadows
    Mary Kay timeless liquid foundation 

Eta: more note worthy items

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I don’t wear a lot or often, I won’t usually leave the house without mascara, but things happen!

Foundation: I like my skin, and my freckles. If anything I’ll mix a little moisturizer with a light foundation. Right now I have buxom show some skin, but I’m not picky. 

Cover-up/powder: I have two in my bag, one that I hate but paid $20 for so I’m trying to use it. The one I like is called “amazing” concealer. The one I hate is Lorac porefection. 

Blush/highlighter: neither. I do use a matte bronzer regularly. Right now I have a mac matte bronzer, but it’s broken up and I’m due for a new one. 

Eye shadow: combo of naked #2 and/or elf rose gold palette but I don’t normally wear eyeshadow

Lipstick: have yet to find a color that doesn’t make me look ridiculous or like I’m trying too hard

Mascara: I have a buxom waterproof tube right now, but it’s not my favorite. I can’t remember the one I like but they were out the last time I ran out lol. 

stila stay all day liner I wear whenever I wear eyeliner 
    And a cheap brow powder- milani brow fix brow kit 

Cost $,$$, $$$: too much. 
  • Options
    SarafussSarafuss member
    edited March 2018
    Foundation: $ - Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless or Maybelline BB Cream for summer
    Cover-up/powder: Concealer: $$ - NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer,  Setting powder $ - Rimmel Stay Matte setting powder
    Blush/highlighter: Blush: $ - Milani blush in Luminoso and Highlighter: $$ - Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop 
    Eye shadow:  I switch it up but I like my Tarte palettes and Urban Decay Naked 3 palette.  
    Lipstick: $$ -I don't wear lipstick often but I love the Bite Beauty matte creme lip crayons in Pastille and Glace
    Mascara:  $$ - Best ever is Benefit Roller Lash.  I also like Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes but Benefit is better for my super short lashes.
    Eyeliner:  I added this because I love Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner. 
    ETA:  Eyebrows: I use the Anastasia Brow Definer and have also used the  Nyx Micro brow pencil.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite----
    Foundation: I use a powder foundation from Sephora called Honest. It is $30 but I love it.
    Cover-up/powder: I have a small thing of concealer that I use sparingly under my eyes if I am trying to really do my face up.
    Blush/highlighter: I have an E.L.F. blush but don't use it often.
    Eye shadow: still using a Naked pallet that my mom got me for Christmas 3 years ago. It is just neutrals/browns. Any other colors look like stage makeup on me.
    Lipstick: I don't use this often, but when I do it is bright red and I also spent $45 on bright red fancy lip stain and gloss...the brand is escaping me but it is the stuff that doesn't rub off. As long as you religiously apply the gloss, which isn't too sticky, the color lasts all day.
    Mascara: Maybelline
    Anything else that is must use: I always buy a small cheap brown eyeshadow specifically for filling in my eyebrows. They are shaped well for my face, but not full at all. They were never over-plucked, just naturally thin. I don't look complete without them filled in. I never use pencils because it is too harsh, so I use an angled brush and the eyeshadow and then I look normal. If I don't do anything else with my face, I always do my eyebrows. 
    I also use liquid eyeliner. 
    Also, a kibuki brush is a must for powder foundation.
    Cost $,$$, $$$: fairly $-$$. I am a cheap person and feel I spend $ on what matters, and go cheap on what doesn't.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    kbernal2021kbernal2021 member
    edited March 2018
    Foundation: I don't use foundation but use a BB cream and concealer. BB cream is maybelline dream pure BB cream, and concealer is maybelline better skin super stay.

Cover-up/powder: I have used several and found I love NYX set it mineral powder the best.

Blush/highlighter:Blush I use NYX fard ombre blush, and NYX illuminating powder for highlight.

Eye shadow: my all time favorite is makeup revolution pallet. It's a dupe for the naked by urban decay and seriously I love the pigment more than my expensive naked pallet. NYX also makes good eyeshadow and is second for my favorite.

Lipstick: I personally don't wear lipstick

Mascara: maybelline define a lash

Cost $

I'll add a few other favorites here too. 
    Real techniques are my all time favorite brushes. A good makeup brush and sponge makes a big big difference in the application of your makeup. RT isn't expensive but don't skimp for the cheapest possible because you will notice, also clean them regularly. It makes a huge difference.

A good setting spray goes a long way in your makeup lasting. I love NYX setting spray in matte finish but they also have a dewy finish also. 

ETA: eyebrows change lives and my favorite is NYX microbrow pencil. 
  • Options
    Favorite----
    Foundation: anything that covers and doesnt make me shiny and isn't heavy haha I struggle with foundation so right now i usually use a mouse one. forgetting the brand though. 
    Cover-up powder: elf
    Blush/highlighter: elf
    Eye shadow: urban decay Naked palate this thing has lasted me so many years!!! 
    Lipstick: Lipsense forever and forever now! 
    Mascara: need to find a new one 
    Anything else that is must use: I really like gel eye liner 
    Cost $,$$, $$$: $-$$ 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Ooh! I love talking makeup! 
    If im not going anywhere then I don’t wear makeup and lately with pregnancy acne I haven’t been wanting to layer stuff on top of it so I usually just do eyeliner and mascara. 

Foundation: I’m on the search for one I love.

Cover-up/powder: I have a nyx dark circle corrector that is really nice even by itself. I have seriously luggage under my eyes and it really helps brighten things up. 

Blush/highlighter: I really like the Physician’s formula butter blush and also I think it’s Benefit Hot mama 

Eye shadow: the only nice eyeshadow I have is my Too Faced Chocolate Bar pallet. It’s awesome. 

Lipstick: I love wearing lipstick but I suck at picking out colors. I have a nice neutral Lipsense color that I wear regularly and a couple cool L’Oréal Matt liquid lipsticks in super bold colors so I don’t wear them often. I also have a Revlon matte balm that I like to wear too. For every day I like a good tinted lip balm. I had a Burt’s bees one that I LOVED but I can’t find it anymore. 

Mascara: benefit roller lash is my favorite. I also like it! Cosmetics superhero but it’s not as good as roller lash
  • Options

Love this thread!! Makeup is my jam! I even have an Instagram dedicated to my makeup addiction. Honestly though, pregnancy will change how your skin reacts to products, so maybe that's why your foundation isn't doing it for you. I'm happy to suggest products as well as tell you my favorites. I mainly use high end makeup, but I also love drugstore products. 

Favorites

Foundation: makeup forever HD stick or IT cosmetics cc cream. The key here is what you use to apply it, I prefer a beauty blender to a brush. If I use a brush I go with a rounded kubuki

I say for you, ditch the elf and cover girl and get yourself the maybelline Fit me or the L'Oréal infallible (either pro glow or pro matte) & a real techniques beauty sponge to apply. If you have dry skin, you will LOVE the pro glow. 

Concealer: tarte shape tape or urban decay Naked skin concealer

Drugstore fave: colour pop concealer (consider it a dupe for shape tape) 

Cover-up/powder: I only use pressed powder on my undereyes to set concealer and then I do a light sweep on my face. 

Kat Von D lock-it pressed powder

Drugstore: maybelline fit me

Bronzer: my fav product!! Tarte's park avenue princess, NARS laguna, Benefit hoola, too faced Sweet Tea. All different undertones, I do like shimmer in my bronzer, but a good matte bronzer is Mac's give me sun

Blush/highlighter:

Blush I can name 5million! I love NARS Deep throat & Tarte Risqué 

Drugstore: Milani luminoso (one of the best colors ever!) 

Highlighter: some days I love highlighter, other days not so much. But my favorite highlighter is an eyeshadow. I use Stila's wheat as a highlighter. Sonya Kashuk and Pixi have great drugstore highlighters

Eye shadow: I love stila shadows 

I do have morphe shadows but I don't think they're great, the Jaclyn Hill Palette is the exception, but I like my shadows neutral, not warm, and that's a warm palette. Colour pop pressed shadows though, are great. 

Lipstick: bite beauty amuse bouche in Honeycomb, buxom cosmetics gloss in White Russian & Dolly, tarte liquid lip in Bestie, Marc jacobs gloss in sugar sugar, maybelline Vivid Hot Lacquer in Charmer, Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lip in pure Hollywood, ABH lipgloss in vintage, NYX butter cream in Abu Dabi and Stockholm (I like nude lips) maybelline also has a great matte lip called super stay I think, similar color range to the vivid hot line. 

Mascara: I won't spend money on high end mascara, as I switch mine out religiously every month. I have sensitive eyes and after a month with the same tube, I get itchy. L'Oréal lash paradise for thick voluminous lashes (great for nighttime). Maybelline the colosal big shot (my every day fav) 

Moisturizer!! Primer!!! I spend the most money on my moisturizer and it's so worth it. I love the Tatcha water cream. It's expensive as hell, but I have no pores and my skin is baby smooth

Eyeliner: you need urban decay's 24/7 liner in smog - it's a bronze copper color that just kind of blends in but makes you look alive. If you want a black or dark brown, the dior liner is bomb. I don't use liquid liner. 

Brushes!!! Sonia Kashuk has a great line of amazing brushes at target, Morphe brushes are good too and super inexpensive. 

Hope that helps! 
  • Options
    Love this! I love makeup and wear it every day I know I'll leave the house or even when I'm home all day to feel like I put some effort into myself. No shame in my game!

Favorite----
    Foundation: Currently using Nars but don't love it. I want to try Rhianna's brand Fenty next. I like the matte look. 
    BB Cream: For days I'm lazy or don't feel like doing the whole thing, I use Revlon BB cream for moisture and a tiny bit of coverage.
    Cover-up/powder: I use a Nars concealer when I need it and Laura Mercier finishing powder every day. 
    Bronzer/highlighter: Smashbox for contour and highlighter
    Eye shadow: I can't remember the last time I wore eyeshadow. I'd be more inclined to just line my eyes with pencil. I used to love Bare Essentials eye shadow powders. They blended well and stayed on.
    Lipstick: Charlotte Tilbury makes beautiful lipsticks. I don't wear them often, mostly just for date nights. 
    Mascara: Dior and it smells like roses! 
    Anything else that is must use: I use Benefit eye brow powder. 
    Cost $,$$, $$$: Everything is all over the place. Revlon BB cream is from the drugstore. Most everything else is from Sephora and ranges from $$ to $$$. 

@zg49 To answer your original issue, I was/am going through the exact same thing. Put on foundation in the morning and by lunch, it's like it's melting off and getting splotchy. I chalk it up to 1) it's winter and only my second one in a winter-season location (I'm originally from SoCal so I'm not used to the seasons). 2) Pregnancy hormones doing weird things to my skin. I went to Sephora and asked for a tutorial on how to fix it and the very nice lady explained that you have to treat the skin before you fix the makeup. I got a whole new regimen for skincare and my issues are mostly fixed! It's all about exfoliating and moisturizing. I'm happy to get into specifics if anyone is interested! 
  • Options
    I've def let myself go since 7 am meetings and trying to get kids ready as well as myself lol On a good day I get eyeliner, shadow, and mascara on.  Will be trolling this for more ideas.
    Typically I just get stuff at the supermarket or walgreens while getting other stuff. Every 10 years or so I splurge for a mini-makeover at Sephora
    Foundation: I prefer tinted moisturizer or sunscreen, I loved one at Sephora they don't make any more in my pale shade so still looking a bit
    Cover-up/powder: physicians formula stick 
    Bronzer/highlighter: Smashbox - for a cheap contor look i've tried the mayballine coverup/foundation sticks in a paler and darker shade and blended like crazy - little heavy for every day but great for photo-ready look
    Eye shadow: urban decay - will confess I've been working on the same palette for over 10 years >_<
    Lipstick: Wasn't big into lipstick but discovered lipsense stains and am in love - it's one of those direct sales things though. 
    Mascara: mayballine butterfly or something
    eyeliner - I love the liquid liner one that has a super fine tip like a sharpie pen or brush pen - pretty sure it's cover girl.  Still wear black even though supposedly i should be wearing brown or grey with pale skin and blue eyes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited March 2018
    I’ll but start by saying, I don’t wear make up often. Maybe twice a week. 

Favorite----
    Foundation: I have younique and Mary Kay. The younique is good but pretty oily and stains the crap out of my clothes. I don’t put it on everytime I wear make up, usually just when I’m getting really done up. 

Cover-up/powder: I have cover girl and elf(?) or something like that. I don’t use them often. 

Blush/highlighter: I have a younique blush that I really like, and I use the same elf(?) brand contour kit. That is my most used make up. I usually just contour in bare skin because I don’t like pounds of make up. 

Eye shadow: I have a Sephora pallet that I love and I have younique that I like as well. 

Lipstick: I don’t ever wear lipstick, but I like Sexy Mother Pucker lip gloss plumper from Sephora, and I have some lip gloss from VS that I like too. 

Mascara: My favorite is the cheap Lorel one. It’s like $6 and the best mascara I’ve ever used. 

Anything else that is must use: I like primer when I use foundation, I have a Mary Kay one and an elf(?) one. They’re both about the same. I also like the lip & eye from It Works as a moisturizer for around my eyes and lips. I don’t really use eyeliner but when I do it’s a wind up pencil. 

Cost $,$$, $$$: the younique was CRAZY expensive, Sephora can be pretty pricy, everything else is from target. 
  • Options
    zg49zg49 member
    Thank you ladies for the awesome tips and ideas! I'm taking notes and researching all you guys mentioned and can't wait to try something new!!

@MrsMiller8588 :O you can?? Goodness my investigative skills failed if I can order MK online. 

@coco305 - oh awesome, thank you for the foundation suggestion! I will look into it

@kenya715 - you know, I never thought of that, that it could be a problem with my skin vs. the actual makeup (though my stuff is so cheap I'm sure it doesn't help!) I have been extra dry this winter, so I'll look into a new face routine as well!

• Options
    @coco35 You make me want to stalk your instagram because of all the makeup you just mentioned! 
    Also, the Benefit Roller lash mascara is now on my to-buy list

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    purplepelicanpurplepelican member
    edited March 2018
    Been MIA for a few weeks, but here I am! I get really excited about recommending products I love. Most of this stuff is $$-$$$, but I rarely need to buy new makeup because they all last FOREVER. I wear makeup almost every time I leave the house because it makes me feel put together and good about myself. 

Foundation: Make Up Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (Sephora), put on with a wet but squeezed out foundation sponge. This stuff is incredible. I got color matched at Sephora before my wedding (no guesswork!), and I've been hooked ever since. It just goes on beautifully. If you use a moist foundation sponge, you can get lighter coverage, and you can get heavy coverage with a foundation brush. It feels light and like I'm wearing nothing. Plus it's never clogged my pores or given me acne. Bonus: it doesn't have built-in sunscreen. Why is that a bonus? Sunscreen is what makes your face show up really white in photos. So you can layer sunscreen with the foundation for every day use and for a special occasion you can omit the sunscreen and won't be washed out. Seriously, they should hire me to advertise this stuff I love it so much.
    Cover-up/powder: Matching stuff from Make Up Forever, although honestly I never use concealer or powder unless it's a special occasion, because the foundation does so well on an everyday basis. 
    Blush/highlighter: Nars - The Multiple in Maui. Perfect dusty rose color cream blush, no stupid glitter, one stick lasts for YEARS. 
    Eye shadow: Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin
    Lipstick: I don't wear lipstick on an everyday basis, just chapstick. But when I do wear lipstick, it's either: Nars lipstick in Dolce Vita (dusty rose); Nars velvet matte lip pencil in dragon girl (bright true red, for when I'm feeling bold)
    Mascara: Covergirl Lashblast Length. I think I used to use Dior mascara. It looked way better than the Covergirl, but it was also $$$ and dried out way faster than the Covergirl. 

ETA: Other stuff: Urban Decay eyeliner in whatever the blackest color is. It goes on the smoothest that I've found; Bare Minerals Warmth for bronzer

• Options
    Lelo2006Lelo2006 member
    edited March 2018
    Favorite----
    Foundation: IT cosmetics foundation, amazing. 
    Cover-up/powder: IT cosmetics 
    Blush/highlighter: Tarte and Benefit Pearl Meets Girl is what I'm using right now. Not sure I love it. 
    Eye shadow: Tarte or Urban Decay
    Lipstick: NARS or IT
    Mascara: I have eyelash extensions

CREME DE LA MER IS LIFE CHANGING AND WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!!!

Cost $,$$, $$$: