3rd Trimester

Your best suggestions for puffy hands & feet?

I'm 32 weeks along and starting to get to the point that my rings are too tight and my feet are a little puffy. My doctor assures me it's totally normal (no preeclampsia), but of course it's still very frustrating and uncomfortable! I have a desk job, so I am trying to keep my feet up under my desk and take frequent walks, and I have a handball that I squeeze throughout the day, I read that could help. If you have any tips or tricks that worked for you I'd love to hear them! Thanks ladies :)

Re: Your best suggestions for puffy hands & feet?

• My hands never swelled up, but my legs, ankles, and feet were really bad the last couple months with DS.

It was a bit uncomfortable, but I found propping my feet up while I slept helped. Also, it sounds backwards but drinking a lot of water can help. After delivery I drank a bunch of cranberry juice and lemon water and it helped a lot - wish I had thought to do that before delivery too.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • I had some swelling just in my feet, ankles and legs at the end of my pregnancy. I wore compression socks. I wasn't a fan (who is?), but I did because my midwife told me too. 

She said to put them on first thing in the morning. As in before I even got out of bed! She said that meant I'd have to start showering at night, so that's what I did. 

I think it helped. I also drank lots of water.