July 2018 Moms

Twatwaffle Tuesday 3/6

Who's da twat?

TTC History:
Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
Due date was Nov 2020
DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
TTC: March 2021
IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 3/6

• Selfishly started: I'm da twat today. Scheduled my boss for an appointment this morning and forgot to write it down anywhere...then scheduled him for 2 other appointments right around the same time...doh. The client that he will be extra late for now is not very happy...

Can I claim pregnancy brain?
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @rachelsogo I've been bad with calendars too! I've put stuff for me and my boss in the calendar but forgot to invite her (damn Gmail) so she rushed to a couple of conf calls last week.

My twat is the immigration office here in my area in California. I just submitted my citizenship application and was all excited until I saw that this office has an 8 month average approval timeline. WTF. And I went online and saw that it used to be 3 and between 2016 and 2017 it went all the way to 6-7 months. I don't want to draw my own conclusions...the timing is interesting ;) anyways other offices have way shorter times but because of where I live that is for sure where my application is going. 

It's not a huge deal I was just hoping to have my new passport by end of September when I plan to go to Italy with the babe. I have my green card and Italian passport so it will be ok, it's just a bummer. Here's to hoping I can at least get it before the November primaries!
  • Loading the player...
  •  Can I claim pregnancy brain?
    I totally did at work last week - something was due and i spaced, so when I finally sent it in after a "are you submitting this?" email, I claimed pregnancy brain :-P  If they really start yelling, just start crying and profusely apologizing and they should back down ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kissableviv ooof, 8 months? that's a long time! Hopefully that average is off and you get it before!
    TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @kissableviv I don't know how long it took my friend to get her Canadian husband his green card but he became a citizen last month-and their daughter, conceived few months after they married, is now 3. The immigration system for sure broken. I also didn't realize that this was the case but it cost them thousands of dollars over that time. 
  • @SmashJam oh yeah. It makes sense he waited 3 years. You have to be married that long before applying or something like that. My eligibility is based on the fact I've been a resident for over 5 years. Between the original Visa I came here with, the medical exams I've had to take and pay for, the green card, the second interview for the 10 year green card, and citizenship, I think I'm close to 7k. This application was $725!!!!!!!!
  • @kissableviv wow I had no idea how extensive and long not to mention costly it was! that just seems so wrong to me. Hope it doesn't actually take that long! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @kissableviv seconded - no idea it was that big a PITA - I mean i expected some red tape but wow that seems a lot.
    I had thought my only TW for the week would be DH...I was wrong... work nemesis strikes again.  Last week she derailed a meeting for an HOUR hostilely complaining basically that management didn't consult her making a decision on one of our projects, so I offered to set up a meeting with said management for her and her boss to air their concerns... she barely says a word and now management thinks i'm the nuts one....well played...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gingerbride26 oh gosh, way to go complaining about something and then not saying anything when you're given the chance!

Another twat is the italian consulate. I'm trying to register my marriage there and they are asking for so many documents and each needs an apostille which of course I have to request and pay for at an office in LA or do it by mail which will take for freaking ever. I just need to push through and get this done so we can then register the birth of our boy without any additional questions.
  • TTC History:
    Due date was Nov 2020
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN

• @kissableviv immigration really is a bear. My stepdad is Canadian and his process was long and drawn out and expensive as well. 
  • @kissableviv wow I had no clue how long and expensive the citizenship process was! Hopefully your application doesn’t actually take that long!