TTC After a Loss

Benched

Anyone else out there currently benched or not actively TTC for any reason? I don’t fit into the the TWW or WTO right now but thought we could start a thread to support those if us on the bench. We could talk about upcoming tests or appointments or anything else that feels relevant. Thoughts? 

Re: Benched

• There used to be a weekly benched check in. You could restart it! (Search back through the threads to see what it looked like if you want to copy it) I think all of the benched people moved on to trying again, so the thread sort of died out.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• I'd be down for that!  I have a little over two weeks left bench warming.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @dpjennifer thanks I’ll look for that! @ccvslp great I’ll start it later today!
  • I benched myself for a couple of months - sounds like a good idea!
  • I'm benched until the 15th. Had a D&E on the 1st. I'm miserable because I just want to be TTC. I'm temping just to try (I stress try because I know it's gonna be wacky) and keep up with whatever curve balls I'm gonna get. And probably TMI but I really really just want sex. I can't even figure out why because logically my mind and body have just been through so much. 
  • @prpl11butterfly... it sucks.  I’ve essentially been benched since last September after my loss... one thing after another.  Your temps will be wonky and OPKs will be unreliable with dropping HCG over the next weeks... take it easy on yourself and just take the time to process your loss until you can try again. 
  • edited March 2018
    @ccvslp I'm not even bothering with OPKs for that reason. Honestly I'm not even sure I'll keep up temping. I want to run it by DH and be like "why dont we just go about life like usual until I get my period" and then see what happens. Neither of us enjoy condoms so it will either be pull out or no sex at all. Maybe I won't get a period and just get pregnant. 

Eta sorry you've been benched for so long. Must be frustrating. Hopefully you can get back to it real soon :heart:
  • ble1ble1 member
    @prpl11butterfly When we have our post op one of my questions is gow to track ovulation since it can be wonky, and I want to try again. Your tmi made me laugh because am ready to jump dh, ah hormones.

We are benched at least until Tuesday when we go for post op and see what she says.
  • @ble1 I agree it's hormones, I get a little extra....needy.... during pregnancy. I'm dying to start trying. I'm hoping I can convince DH to NP between post op next thur and when I get my period. I've read that it's very common to not ovulate the first month so I either won't and we will start actively trying in April or I will and maybe we will catch the egg *shrugs*
  • becassidybecassidy member
    edited May 2018
    I am a little late to this topic, but I love this idea. I am have been on miscarriages and loss this week, and it's slightly under active, but we're not ready to try again (I am actually still waiting to pass the gestational sac, as we just found out Tuesday, just shy of 8 weeks, that growth stopped between 5-6 weeks). I want to get as much knowledge and information and supoprt as possible without being intrusive to either board.
  • lin0442lin0442 member
    I’m benched for the next 1.5-2 months or so, since I’m getting surgery to remove a uterine septum. If people are interested, I can start a thread- I’d like to keep in touch with the board, but it wouldn’t make sense to participate in WTO/TWW since I’m on bcp right now haha. 

@KratzyInLove I’m sorry for your loss. It can be tough to feel ‘in between’ for support on top of that. The ladies here can be an amazing resource.