October 2018 Moms
Options

PCOS - March Check-In

Hey ladies.

Continuing over our Feb check-in to a new board.

How is everyone doing?
Any PCOS symptoms driving you crazy?
Is there anything your dr is doing because of your PCOS? (Extra tests, medicines etc)
Has your dr taken you off any of your PCOS related meds?

Re: PCOS - March Check-In

• Options
    I had my first appointment last Wednesday. Dr took me off my Metformin. Even though my endo said it was fine, he told me he felt more comfortable with me off it. He also said it could be a major cause of all of my cramping, I've actually noticed a big reduction in overall cramps from it.

My acne and facial hair growth is driving me crazy though! 
  • Options
    My fertility doc said taking my Metformin for the first trimester is best because it is studied to have less misscarriges in women with PCOS. I have only been taking it since October but I find it really helping my hunger so I asked if I can stay on it for the entire pregnancy to ensure I don't gain too much weight. I'm already 210 lbs so want to minimize the risk of GD. She said no problem with that request. 
    @sammierose464 My belly hair and chin hair out of control! My acne has been better with pregnancy. Weird I know! 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I was kind of surprised about the met since my Endo had told me it was fine. I've been on it for 3 years though, so it's just become normal for me. I'm worried about gaining more weight now.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 did it help you with hunger too? Have you noticed a difference now you are off? I'm sure if you wanted to take it you could say so. It really has no effect on the baby according to my Dr. and research
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I actually have been really hungry the last two days. 
  • Options
    I am doing well, still recovering from the shock I could have twins. Was not expecting it at all since I did soy iso instead of clomid this time with the Met! I had my initial appointment I am 6 weeks and 2 days currently. A lot can happen still but I am trying to stay positive. I am freaking out though as I am not sure if we can afford daycare for 3 and I have to work, its not by choice.  Hoping if things continue to go well it will sort itself.
    PCOS is causing the more hair thing too! Its such a joy. Not. My Dr doesnt seem to mind that I want to continue the Metformin, said its pretty much recommended (plus its what I did last time and avoided GD so I want to try to stick with what works for me). I also have been on progesterone just in case and I am *trying* to watch my eating but I LOVE bread. So its been a challenge. Any PCOS friendly recipes to throw my way I would appreciate it! 
  • Options
    I've been so bad about my eating.. I really need to get back on track.
  • Options
    Wasn't on meds before. On progesterone now until like 13weeks. Hair everywhere is the same it is everywhere. Food I have been doing food combining. Whole grains are good but they are mostly kept separate from fats. Works pretty well for me and the Dr gave the thumbs up. Been doing it on and off for quite a while. Been really thinking about food and even after just eating and full. Like already excited and planning what I will eat next when hungry so weird and funny! I am 9weeks. 
  • Options
    I do seem to be hungrier after going off the met... But yet barely anything sounds good!

I asked my Dr about my progesterone levels and he told me he's not concerned. I do go see the fetal medicine Dr in a few weeks, so I'm gonna ask him.
  • Options
    @ninji15 how much met do you take a day during pregnancy? I was originally on 2000mg a day and cut back to 1500mg at 9 week. Currently at 10 weeks and was wondering if I should go down to 1000mg for the rest of the pregnancy.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 my obgyn wanted to take me off at my 8 week appointment but I asked her if I can stay on till 14 weeks and she said it was fine. I was going to discuss with her staying on for the whole pregnancy at my 12 week appointment. I'm so scared to stop as I had awful GD with my first pregnancy
  • Options
    @marimarii I am on 2000mg a day, and I stayed on that my whole last pregnancy and while breastfeeding(technically exclusively pumping). I am happy with the results it’s given me so far at this point in my life but once I am done having kids I am really going to look into managing PCOS differently. Before met I was on birth control for like 10 years. I never considered lowering the dose (despite side effects). You gotta do you for sure, dropping dosage may be the best thing for you! 
  • Options
    I was on 1500mg a day, but I had been having a lot of sugar drops. I'm really worried about GD...
  • Options
    @sammierose464 I wouldn't worry about it just yet, maybe request early testing if they aren't going to already. A lot of PCOSers get it despite Met and sometimes have to be taken off of it for a different prescription or just simple diet change. You could even look into GD diets and start incorporating them slowly if it helps. Feel free to ask your Dr if it continues to bother you of course!