May 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 2/28

Wow, this board is really dead right now! Starting a new check-in, so feel free to cross-post, @mlindzz

How far along are you? Girl/boy/team green? 

How old are your other kids? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? 

GTKY: Who are you rooting for at the Oscars on Sunday?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM+ Check-in 2/28

• Options
    How far along are you? Girl/boy/team green? 29 + 6 / Boy

How old are your other kids? DD turned 3 on Monday!

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? So I really just wanted to update about my last post re: terrible bedtime behavior. So we laid down the law about how we cannot help her with little things (animals, tissues, blankets, etc.) after the initial tuck-in and how we would take her to the bathroom once and after that she was on her own. The first few nights were terrible. But since her birthday party on Sunday, we told her that she's 3 now and she has to be a big girl, she's been pretty good! She's really taking her new age seriously. Here's hoping that this is the new normal and not a blip.

GTKY: Who are you rooting for at the Oscars on Sunday? Actually, I've never been less involved with the Oscars than I have been this year. I've just been so busy and out of it. But I think I'll go with 3 Billboards for best picture.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    30+2, team pink
    Twin girls, will be 4 in May
    Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? 
    Rant- the house we put an offer in on over the weekend had another offer that they accepted.  Back to square one.  Rave- Had a great trip to see my friend in Arizona, and silver lining for the house, now we don't feel so rushed to finish getting ours on the market.  
    GTKY: Who are you rooting for at the Oscars on Sunday?  I haven't seen many movies in the theaters this year, so I'm not even sure what all is in the running.  I'm excited that I took Monday off for the girls' first dentist appointments, so I'll actually be able to stay awake late enough to watch them.  In theory, anyway lol 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maplemom18 happy for you that bedtime is going smoother! 

@sandbar517 ahhh the wonderful process of home buying. I don't miss it. Though I'm sure we will be searching again some day when we feel we've outgrown our current house. Good luck to you and I'm glad you feel less pressure now :) 

31 + 6 with our girl

2.5 DS

My picky eater is starting to try more foods! A small win but I'll take it.

GTKY: Who are you rooting for at the Oscars on Sunday?
    I don't tend to watch awards shows. Just not my thing you know? But have fun, people who do! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? Girl/boy/team green? 30+3 and team pink

How old are your other kids? DS will be 4 in May.

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? Rant- DS likes to try to deflect or distract from what he is being asked to do when he needs to get ready in the morning and it makes me crazy.  Rave- I didn't have to get up to pee the last two nights.  I know it won't last, but I will take it while I can.  Questions- Any ideas on how to get DS to stop swallowing toothpaste? I need to transition him to actual toothpaste, but the dentist recommended not doing it until he doesn't swallow it, which isn't happening.  

GTKY: Who are you rooting for at the Oscars on Sunday? Seeing as how I have only seen Coco and The Greatest Showman, I guess whatever those two are up for?   ;)

@maplemom18 glad this week was better!

@sandbar517 Oh no!  Hopefully something else will come along soon that is even better.

@onesmallcoconut yay! It's so great when you find more foods they like.
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles no tips, just solidarity on the toothpaste swallowing. No idea how to get him to stop lol. It's frustrating
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I need to get something for the baby to give DS once she comes.  I also worry about the increase in behaviors once she is here.  Let's all hope that phase is short-lived!
  • Options
    26 and 3 Boy
    How old are your other kids? 17 months 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)? DS is sooooo busy and he is starting to talk so much it’s unbelievable! I’m definitely anxious to see how he is going to handle baby brother coming home from the hospital. I’m also back to feeling first trimester tired  

GTKY: Who are you rooting for at the Oscars on Sunday? I probably won’t watch 
  • Options
    @clee5711 ugh yes, definitely in the first trimester tired boat. It sucks.
  • Options
    @maplemom18 congrats on the bedtime success’! XD

@sandbar517 we sold, purchased and moved in the few months before before baby was born during my last pregnancy too. Hoping that things go well for you guys, the uncertainty while the details work themselves out it’s hardest part.  Sending positive vibes your way! I’m sure the wait will be worth it in the end.
  • Options
    @angleyes989 both actually. we finally got him eating rice and that was a texture issue for him. He does not like asparagus or onions which isn't really a big deal since I know adults who don't lol and that's more a flavour thing. Potatoes are a texture thing: hates mashed, likes all other forms. And there's a million other foods but those are a few examples