June 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms 3/3 & 3/4

Re: Weekend Randoms 3/3 & 3/4

• I’m at work today and tomorrow. Hoping for a quiet weekend here! We are expecting a major ice/snow storm starting sometime tomorrow so I’m hoping I’ll still be able to make it home by the time I get off work tomorrow evening. Hope things are calming down for everyone that was having high winds yesterday!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Stay safe @2589. It's pick up sticks day for us. I'm gonna try to go to the gym/ get a mental health break after spending 24 hrs. cooped up with 2 toddlers. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been up for 2hrs with DD(2) and SD(10) and SD is driving me crazy because all DD wants to do is play with her and SD wont because she won't play how she wants. It's going to be a LONG day if this keeps up 
  • Also, if anyone’s bored, September has a good one that keeps getting revived on vag discharge and itching. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the heads up on that @2589.

I just picked out cake flavors for my shower. Now I just want cake! Ugh!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was up for an hour in the MOTN because I woke up with an awful calf cramp! My whole leg was hard as a rock and I couldn't move my foot.  Needless to say, my leg is sore today.  DH thought I  was having a medical emergency.

DD woke up with the sun of course.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sabby2 I'm waiting for those leg cramps to happen. I get them every pregnancy, and it's so painful. I have to hobble around the day after, they mess my legs up so bad. 
  • @sabby2 oh nooo. I haven't gotten any leg cramps during pregnancy yet but I have had bad ones before while not pregnant and it sucks. :confounded:
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @sabby2 oh no, they are the worst! I get them a lot during pregnancy
  • Thanks ladies. I'll be fine.  I get those every once in awhile.  I think I didn't hydrate enough yesterday.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @sabby2 I get those a lot these days too. The other night I got 3 cramps throughout the night. So brutal and with my predisposition for blood clots, I always get a little extra nervous when they're particularly bad. 

AFM my shower is one week from today and I don't really know how much I'm looking forward to it. Parties stress me out in general, especially when they're for me, and I'm really not looking forward to 5 hour flights each way. Can't people just buy me stuff without me having to see them? 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 Parties stress me out in general, especially when they're for me, and I'm really not looking forward to 5 hour flights each way. Can't people just buy me stuff without me having to see them? 
    Yes. Me too. All of this. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm having ramen for lunch... but also a giant salad that has kale and brussel sprouts so I feel justified.
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Amphibious22 Same. Also my shower is three weeks from tomorrow and invites haven’t been sent out yet lol. Maybe it just won’t happen... although, more likely it WILL still happen it will just be even more awkward because no one will come. 
  • izza2izza2 member
    Re: shower -- My mother and SIL have done nothing more than decide on a weekend and a potential place to host it. I have a feeling nothing is going to get done unless MH does most of the work for them. :expressionless:

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Lazy Saturday here. We were supposed to go to the gym this morning, but donuts happened instead. Haha. Whoops! 

DH leaves tomorrow before dawn to go on a four day fishing trip with his buddies. He won’t be back until Wednesday afternoon/evening. I can’t exactly say I am looking forward to solo parenting DS for four days. He’s been particularly “two” recently and I just don’t have the energy for it lately. 
  • Had to run an errand and grocery shop today. I was winded before leaving the house trying to get DS and myself ready cause he's like a tornado. And I'm not sure we can grocery shop together anymore. He's 5, but hyperactive and needs contained or else I'll lose my mind in a store with him. He's also 52ish pounds. So you should have seen short pregnant me trying to lift this kid into the cart. Just can't do it anymore! 
    I hope he naps today. I have a lot to do, but would love a nap myself.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @amphibious22 no advice. But that's awesome! Good luck!!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • @Amphibious22 - no advice but also want to wish you good luck! 
    I mean *technically* you being pregnant can’t be a determination in you being hired. Fingers crossed for you!
  • Anyone know if we're doing/have done a meal prep thread? I'd love to talk ideas for freezer meals, because I want to stock up before baby comes  
  • @Amphibious22 congrats on the interview! Honestly I wouldn’t say anything. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @May14th2011 We talked about doing one in April.
  • @Amphibious22 good luck! I agree with others - don’t bring it up. Act like it’s nbd. Anyone they hire could randomly need to go on short term disability anyway. Pregnancy really shouldn’t be different. 
  • @krashke @doxiemoxie212 yeah I mean it'll be pretty obvious the second I walk in the room, so there's probably no need to say anything or make a big deal about it. Hopefully they'll be able to see past it. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• jsl82jsl82 member
    My power just came back on!!!! We are leaving DD asleep at my parents and going home to sleep in our bed- without a little person to wake us up (well I'm sure I'll still get up at least once).  I'm sure the house will be cold but hopefully I  won't mind too much being pregnant.

Baby Showers- I was dreading both of mine- but they ended up being fine once they started.  Showers are always a little awkward but people are generally excited for you at your baby shower and want to talk about the baby.  Hopefully all of you have painless showers!!  

@May14th2011 we have discussed doing a freezer meal post- likely in May. 

@Amphibious22 good luck with your interview!! I'm sure you will do great!! I don't have any advice on when to bring it up- but I would say prior to an in person meeting- since you can't hide it you don't want it to be the elephant in the room.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @Amphibious22 good luck with the interview. All you can do is handle it business as usual. 

Invites for my shower are going out this week. I’d like for DH to have his event this month, but it’s unlikely its so late. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • PSA for Bach fans: Bekah M’s interview this week on the Bachelor Party podcast was great. 
  • @Amphibious22 Good luck at your interview!

We spent the day at he beach with my family and sisters ILs. We all had fun and it was one of the moments when you think back on as “the good times”. Bonus it tuckered the kids out, so hopefully they sleep really well tonight. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @pupsicle23 Aw... when I was 5, I begggggged my parents for a goldfish. They finally agreed thinking how long can goldfish live anyway? 11 years later, the two goldfish they got me finally died. My parents also got me a rabbit when I was 10 thinking the same thing. 13 years later (again, when I was 23-years-old) the rabbit finally died.  :D sooo they had the opposite problem.
  • @Amphibious22 I agree with @llamamama14. She's absolutely correct that it is illegal for them to ask. FWIW, it is also illegal for them NOT to hire you because you're pregnant. I work for a labor & employment law firm and there is constantly litigation on this topic. I also agree with her that it does make sense to address it in some way, since you are visibly pregnant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Amphibious22 good luck!!! I just want to echo what @llamamama14 said. I interviewed with DD when I was around 6/7 months pregnant. They obviously can’t ask, nor make a decision due to pregnancy, but I did point it out  at the end of the interview. I felt it showed my honesty and I was able to confirm my dedication to the job without them speculating later. I was offered the job too. 

Definitely do what you are comfortable with. And so much good luck!!! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • +1 to @llamamama14 and @sunshineandwhiskey. I had an interview on Friday and addressed it directly when asked about timing. I felt like I had to because I didn’t want them to feel like I was misleading them in terms of when I could start. My husband also had an interview on Friday (great timing for both of us) and he also raised it. Neither potential employer blinked an eye. 
  • @krashke - which glider did you decide on? I’m still having trouble deciding. It looks nice in the pic!