Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly chat 2/19

kristah2kristah2 member
edited February 2018 in Babies on the Brain

New week - what's up?!

Re: Weekly chat 2/19

• Options
    I counted the other night and I currently know 8 different pregnant ladies. Ugh, my ovaries ache...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Snowy weather here. I live in one of the types of places that shuts down in the snow (I certainly don’t have enough experience to drive in it). Snow + Presidents’ Day means I didn’t work today. It’s pretty much melted, but I have to go through a little mountain pass to get to work and I don’t know how icy that will be in the morning. Plus more snow arrives for the evening commute! I’m debating whether I want the hours tomorrow or another “snow day”. It’s a freelance gig, so I make up my own hours. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wish we were getting snow here! Weather is super nice today and tomorrow. I've been MIA for a few days - we were out of town for the long weekend! Back to the grind today... had a long talk with H on our drive home yesterday about TTC and we decided to just go for it starting in April rather than waiting til end of May/June. We agreed that the earliest we would probably feel comfortable with a potential due date is January 2019, and anytime after that would be fine if it takes a while. We're trying to have a somewhat laid back approach to it, but I don't expect that to last... especially after realizing I'll only get my period 2 more times before we start TTC  :#
  • Options
    dreamscapes_dreamscapes_ member
    edited February 2018
    It's in the mid 80s here during the day, but the water in our pool is still quite chilly. We finally got the big payout from the insurance company for the totaled car, so we're just waiting for the gap insurance to take care of the rest. We were supposed to have a date night tonight and got half of it done. A friend of mine sent me a gift card for Red Lobster, so we went there for dinner and were gonna go see Black Panther afterward, but we were two blocks away from the restaurant when my stomach started acting up. So we came home and are gonna see it tomorrow.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    Has anyone had the nexplanon and had it removed? I’m seriously thinking about doing it in April, letting my cycle regulate and TTA until after our vacation. I had a pretty serious period after getting it in and would wonder if the same would be true of getting it removed. Anyone with experience?
  • Options
    @meggyme I haven’t had it. Hopefully someone with that experience can share 

@dreamscapes_ Did you get to see Black Panther today?! 

Snow day 3 over here... starting to feel very cooped up. The snow melts well enough by the afternoons, but then more snow comes each night and makes morning commute ice. We were able to make it down the road to get groceries & go to the bank yesterday afternoon before more snow returned. 
  • Options
    @tumbleweed-1 No, we didn't get to it. It's probably going to have to be next week at this point, thanks to our work schedules :-/ That sucks that you've been snowed in for three days.
  • Options
    It's been so quiet here lately!!
  • Options
    @kristah2 Agreed... maybe we need some confessions/"never have I ever" like some of the other boards to spice things up!
  • Options
    @meggyme I know the feeling! BFP keep popping up like daisies on my fb news feed. And also people asking “so when is the second one coming”. I swear no one was asking me that a few months ago and now it’s all anyone wants to ask me. Also, anytime I don’t feel well they have to throw in the “oh you’re pregnant again!?!?”

As far as the BC, I don’t have experience with it but I would say getting it out sooner would be better for ttc when you are ready.

I would love some GTKY or FFFC or WTF Wednesdays around here! 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I hate that! Mind your own business people! Our families seem to think we are incapable of family planning or something. Like we don’t talk about when we want to have another one. I get a lot of “Jackie needs a Sibling... it’s time to start thinking about another one... wouldn’t this be an ideal time to get pregnant if you already dislike your job?” They all seem to think if they don’t bring it up it will never cross my mind.
  • Options
    @meggyme my coworkers have been worse than my family tbh. Like back the F off people. 
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 I agree! When I was first on the TTGP board we had a couple threads I loved!
    1. We did a "never have I ever" thread. Someone would comment something they have never done and someone who has would have to respond "I have" and then say something they have never done and so on.
    2. We did a "Bump after dark" thread that talked about more inappropriate things (to try to keep the inappropriate-ness from NHIE) that was a good laugh. 
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited February 2018
    @meggyme and @JLaVO888 Oh my gosh literally everyone I know is pregnant too. My last boss was pregnant, my new boss is pregnant, and I got two new friend pregnancy announcements this weekend! Also yes, people will not stop asking me about when we're having another one. My daughter just turned 2, so apparently that opens the floodgates for asking, but seriously, even the checkout guy at 7-11 asked the other day!  I was like...wtf? Mind. Your. Business.

Edited to add: I finally intro'd over on the TTGP board, so I'll see you guys who also post there on TTGP! :) Woo!
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited February 2018
    @maureenmce @JLaVO888 see, when people ask it’s annoying (especially randos who shouldn’t care) but easy enough to say “idk” and brush off. It’s when you get the “you know... you’re getting older. You should think about having another.” Ugh! No mom, that thought has never crossed my mind. I’ve put no time into painstakingly planning when I’d be ready for another and when I should start TTC or talking to DH about our plans... I’m not incompetent.
  • Options
    I’m my mind there are only four answers to that question:

A. We don’t want anymore
    B. We have a plan and are waiting to start trying for another.
    C. We are trying 
    D. We are pregnant but are keeping it to outselves for now 

And not a single one of those answers I feel like are anyone’s business but your own. But really gets me is I think 99% ask it because they want to try and see if they can catch you being awkward about option D so they can be the first one to figure it out. 
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more @JLaVO888. Even my mom has out right asked me if we are trying again. It's none of her business. She kept nagging about it so many times that I eventually had to tell her we're on hold now because of H's work trip and of course she goes into her speech about how it's never a good time and we should do it anyway etc. etc. Welll.. it's still none of your business and now you're making me feel guilty about my decision so thanks for that... ugh. I hate people.
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited February 2018
    Over Christmas we took a family pic and the way I held DD on my hip highlighted my mama pooch. I told DH I looked pregnant and at least 2-3 people asked me if I was, including my mom. Like after telling her the day after I got my first bfp I would wait until I was seriously showing to tell her about #2.
  • Options
    The thing that kills me about how often people ask you if you're trying for kids, it's like "Okay, you do realize what you're actually asking me is if I'm having unprotected sex?"
  • Options
    I'm shocked my MIL has stopped saying stuff to us. She's chomping at the bit for more grandkids. My mom did ask over the weekend, but she knows we've been wanting to start trying. It was more of an inquisitive asking, not bugging me about it.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Someday I should just say something outrageous like “Well, husband put the spermies in me last night!” just to see their reaction. 
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 hahaha! I can only imagine some of the reactions!
  • Options
    @CecilB93 and @JLaVO888 that’s hilarious!!! You are both making me lol 

hi there. I’m visiting over from one of the IVF boards just killing time.

That at all sounds super annoying. I guess I’m super lucky in that I live in NYC and no one ever asks you about kids where I work. Most people don’t have them. Also my parents are cool like that and mind their own business. 

The weather here is moderate now and I’m hoping to go to the zoo together this weekend. Anyone have any other fun stress relief activities to help kill time? Please don’t say the gym :)
  • Options
    We love to color. We have coloring contests where DH and I both color the same picture and post it on FB to see who gets more votes. Sometimes we email SIL and our niece a copy as well. 
  • Options
    @CecilB93 My mom hints strongly occasionally that she wants grandkids, but she's cut down a lot lately. It's actually kind of funny because my younger sister's getting married this year (she's the only person I've told that we're getting ready to start trying), and she was having lunch with my mom and a financial advisor recently just after I told her we were going to start trying.

Apparently the advisor asked my mom if she had grandkids, and my mom replied that at this point she thinks my sister will have kids before me and my sister just replied "OH YEAH HAHAHA LOL o_o"

• Options

If I need to re-intro I will, there are a number of new names over here. I hung out a lot here over the summer until August. After a couple of losses I am back over here. I mostly hang out at TTCAL, but thought I'd come back over here. We are not currently trying again and won't be until at least May. I haven't had time to catch up on the chat yet but I will be back for tags. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Welcome back @kindbytealikat ! More the merrier around here, we're pretty quiet these days!
  • Options

@kindbytealikat sorry to see you back so soon, but welcome back.
  • Options
    Was interrogated by some coworkers today about when we’ll have kids... thankfully not total strangers, closer to friends. Although the strangers have asked before too... weird. 

Welcome back @kindbytealikat!
  • Options
    Big creepy internet hugs for @kindbytealikat!
  • Options
    Ugh @fantasyflyte I'm sorry. I honestly don't think some people realize how annoying that is regardless of why you may not be pregnant.

@kindbytealikat sorry you're back here, but welcome!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @kindbytealikat hi! Nice to internet meet you. Sorry for your losses though. 
  • Options
    I'm so excited, my doctor gave me the green light to officially TTC! :D Now I just have to wait for ovulation :p
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats @fantasyflyte!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18