September 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2/26

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/26

• I realize it is only March 2nd, but I am getting summer fever! So I am curious have any of you S+TM been able to just stay in your normal swimsuit in the summer or did you opt to get a maternity suit? I typically wear bikinis so I think I would be okay, especially since this is my first and it will (hopefully) take some time to get. Dry big. 
  • @klj0228 Yes to summer fever! Or spring fever! Just warmer weather. I'm a FTM but I'm also hoping to not buy maternity swim suits. I'll likely need to get at least one new top though. I tend to need the ones done by bra size and that has changed a bit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @klj0228 I wear bikinis and wore my same suits last time.
  • @klj0228 Funny you should mention it - I was just thinking about that yesterday. I think my 2 piece would not cover much when were at the lake this summer. I don't want to scar people by letting it all hang out and will at least get a cover up... LOL
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• klj0228 said:
    I realize it is only March 2nd, but I am getting summer fever! So I am curious have any of you S+TM been able to just stay in your normal swimsuit in the summer or did you opt to get a maternity suit? I typically wear bikinis so I think I would be okay, especially since this is my first and it will (hopefully) take some time to get. Dry big. 
    My problem last time was finding a top that fit since I gained several cup sizes. Bottoms were mostly fine but I did end up getting new bottoms in a bigger size towards the end
  • I spent last pregnancy on the beach. I wore my lowest rise bikini bottoms, and that worked great. The top didn't fit quite as well, but I had gotten one on the larger side in the first place and swimsuits are stretchy, so it worked well enough-I just used the looser of the two places to clip in the back.

Had I needed a little bit more room I would have found a way to use hair ties or something to extend the band. The cups totally stretched enough. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I bought a non-maternity tankini in a larger size when I was pregnant with DS. I typically wore bikinis, but I wasn't comfortable doing so with the bump, and haven't gone back to them after DS either actually. I saved that bathing suit and will break it back out for this summer.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • SkilledSailorSkilledSailor member
    edited March 2018
    This might be a TMI question but my other thought on wearing bikinis over the summer while super pregnant is about the bikini line. Do y'all become shaving magicians or get waxed?
  • I'm in need of a new bathing suit period, so will be on the hunt. I don't know if I'm confident enough to rock a bikini, so we shall see. I also shaved by feel by the end of pregnancy. I've heard that waxes can be more painful due to increased blood flow to the area, but never tested that theory out.
  • @DanyTargaryen90 I'm also enjoying being a STM! Learning things for the first time is hard so I'm appreciative of having some experience on my hands. I definitely encourage new moms to ask me literally whatever question they have because I'll give them my honest opinion based on my experience which may be different than what a book or internet may tell you!
  • This might be a TMI question but my other thought on wearing bikinis over the summer while super pregnant is about the bikini line. Do y'all become shaving magicians or get waxed?
    I’m a fan of waxes. I had one about 8 weeks ago...so time to schedule a new one. I had one done at 33 weeks with #2 and it wasn’t terrible. I also have a high tolerance for pain. 

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • edited March 2018
    This might be a TMI question but my other thought on wearing bikinis over the summer while super pregnant is about the bikini line. Do y'all become shaving magicians or get waxed?
    I was able to continue shaving my whole pregnancy. By the end it was by feel not sight obviously, but I was able to keep up well enough on my own.

@SkilledSailor Stuck in the box...WSS^^ I even shaved the day I went to the hospital to give birth...I can't stand to be hairy!  :D
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• As a FTM I am so thankful to have this wonderful group to ask questions and find out what has actually worked. 

@SkilledSailor I was thinking that same thing the other day while I was taking a shower. Although, I have seriously considered starting to wax then I don’t have to worry about whether or not I can see down there. 

So far my breasts have not grown too much, but I’m not surprised because I do not have much to start with. I am thinking most of my suits will still fit, but I always buy two new swimsuits a year and was trying to decide if I needed a maternity one or not. I think I’m going to just try to stick with my bikinis. If I get uncomfortable later in the summer I will get something else.
  • We are going to Miami when I’m 20 weeks. I am planning to get a few new swimsuits and I would like to cover the bump so I’m leaning towards tankinis. But, you all bring up a good question - maternity or just a larger size? I have no clue! I’m a ftm and I have no idea how big I will be. I’m planning to wait until much closer to the trip. Also, ladies, I wax. I always have. I hate shaving down there. If you can find a good person, waxing is amazing. I love my person! And, she had a baby last year so she gives me tons of advice. But, my skin has become extra sensitive in pregnancy and I am definitely having more ingrown hairs and issues like that. But, I still recommend trying it! 
  • ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited March 2018
    I’ve never worn a bikini bc I’ve always been self conscious of my tummy. So I think that I’ll have to rock one this summer - it’s the first time I’ll have a justified belly! Lol

re shaving vs waving: I have really sensitive skin and shaving makes me so itchy I want to peel my skin off. I recently started waxing my legs bc it’s the only way I can deal with it (I have super dark hair and need to shave daily otherwise). But basically I hate waxing bc it hurts and I’m too uptight and self conscious so I’m way behind haha. I’m going to have to go before it gets warmer out!

ETA @pourmeamocktail omg me too! 
  • klj0228 said:
    I realize it is only March 2nd, but I am getting summer fever! So I am curious have any of you S+TM been able to just stay in your normal swimsuit in the summer or did you opt to get a maternity suit? I typically wear bikinis so I think I would be okay, especially since this is my first and it will (hopefully) take some time to get. Dry big. 
    I just went swimming in the nude :)
    But when i went swimming somewhere not at home a regular swimsuit was just fine. I had to size up cause the rest of my body got bigger not just my belly, but a regular bikini in a bigger size was fine for me.
  • This might be a TMI question but my other thought on wearing bikinis over the summer while super pregnant is about the bikini line. Do y'all become shaving magicians or get waxed?
    I got short style bottoms so I didn't have to do anything. #lazy

But I was able to shave pretty well the whole time. My lady bits at any rate. My legs I couldn't reach for anything, but I had some serious mobility issues, like I couldn't lift my foot more than a few inches off the ground. Made life really challenging there at the end.
  • Ugh, I hadn’t even thought of swim season! Def going short style bottoms. 
      Also, last time around when I couldn’t see anymore I had dh help me, he’s super good in awkward body moments. Poor man has been through a lot w me!  :D

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• Yes @ashh2018 I too am looking forward to wearing a bikini and letting the belly show in All it’s glory. My pregnancy with DD I really embraced that growing larger is what I was supposed to be doing, and loved taking up more space. (In a healthy way, not just eating to eat). I’ve always felt societal pressure to be small, take up as little space as possible, basically disappear. It was so empowering to be growing and I really began to love my body for all it can do.  Let me know if you find a good bikini!! I’ll be on the hunt! 
  • @arbell615 belly pride! I’m hoping I have the confidence. 

So far I haven’t really been feeling comfortable with my body actually :/@nlc8424 I think mentioned something earlier that really resonated with me (thank you!). I haven’t wanted any pictures or anything yet. Part of it is that bc I’m a little on the heavier side, I didn’t have a “cute little bump” that was recognizable, I just started to get bigger. Now that I am noticing that I’m showing more, I was feeling like I shouldn’t be showing this soon (13 wks) and I’ve been self conscious because it’s still a “secret” and now I look pregnant. I had an awards ceremony for work this past week and my team had a picture taken that I knew would be posted (and tagged) on social media - I held my award in front of my belly! Lol. I think once I don’t feel like im “hiding” it, I will start to feel more comfortable with my body and it’s changes. Sorry, end rant!
  • @ashh2018 I’m struggling with being comfortable with my changing body as well. I’m hoping it’ll be better when it’s a legit bump and looks less like random weight gain. I’m 13 weeks as well and if I were wearing form fitting clothes, I’d def be showing. I keep struggling with the “shouldn’t be showing yet” thing too. Especially since I keep hearing FTMs don’t show this early. Hopefully we both figure out a way to embrace it more. 
  • I loved my bump but a bikini just felt like a whole different animal. I would have loved to have rocked one, but I just wasn't comfortable. Very few people saw my bare skin bump but I was all about it fully clothed.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    edited March 2018
    @ashh2018 even though I posted a pic in HDBD this week, I'm totally uncomfortable with my body. My belly is the same size at 11/12 weeks as I was when I was at least 18 weeks last time. I never lost all of the weight I had gained during my first pregnancy due to thyroid issues, maintaining breast milk supply, and sleep deprivation. I had just joined weight watchers for accountability the month before my BFP and I was hoping to continue to eat well, but morning sickness had other plans. I can tell you 100% my H doesn't care for a single second what my weight is, and DS loves me no matter what (until he's a moody teen and I'm ruining his life). I feel a lot better about where I'm at after letting work know and the public know. No more hiding, no more sucking it in, no more pretending I'm not feeling like crap. 

May I ask is there a reason why you're still waiting at this point? I don't mean to be judgmental, but it sounds to me like it would be a huge weight off your shoulders if you would let most people know and start to enjoy the process some more.
  • @nlc8424 it’s a good question, and I don’t take it as judgemental! I’m not sure. I still haven’t gotten used to life as it is I think - I moved cross country so all of my family and friends are on the East coast. I’ve told my family and close friends, and my team at work. I tell strangers, my hair stylist, etc. But I think the “public” social media announcement will be the final step that lets the proverbial *everyone* know. I know social media seems silly, and like what does it matter, but everyone I know is 3000 miles away! Haha. I had been putting a lot of pressure on myself to have the “perfect” announcement, which sounds more and more stupid every time I say/write it. Monday will be 14 weeks and I think I’ll go ahead with it then. 

Oh, ok. I just started crying so apparently I’m still really scared and I feel like once I “announce” it, it will be worse if something goes wrong. I guess that’s a big part of the answer! 
  • @ashh2018 it's okay to not be ready! Sometimes you have to figure out what's the least difficult path to take. YGPM.
  • So behind today. Last pregnancy I got a maternity one piece and maternity tankini top off the clearance rack at target and used those for my prenatal water aerobics classes where a true bikini would not have worked. I’ll use those again this time.
    Yes to being able to shave the whole time and t being too itchy with the excess body heat and discharge to not shave. 

• Because I'm a contracted employee I'm still on call for one of the hospitals I work at even though I'm home with my toddler because daycare is closed and bad weather. I called my manager to find out about consults that need to be done, then called the unit to speak with the charge nurse and left a message since she was on lunch and have not heard back from them yet. This was over an hour ago. I'm irrationally mad that I didn't take a nap thinking I was going to get called back and now my toddler is awake from his nap. No nap for me today.
  • I’m sorry @nlc8424. Naps are so important right now too! Hopefully your LO will have a calm afternoon and even without a nap maybe you can relax a little. 
  • Thanks @klj0228, he's been pretty good so far today so I don't mind. We just shared some greek yogurt and granola together and we've only got a couple more hours till my H will be leaving work. He's been hooked on watching Cars on Netflix lately which he prefers to watch on my bed, can't complain about that!
  • @magnolia209 I like buying actual maternity swimsuits because they usually have side ruching that is more flattering on the bump. I’ll take all the help I can get in a swimsuit. 
  • So many topics!

I loved my over-the-bump swimsuit bottoms. I was not physically or emotionally comfortable with the bump just out there. I actually just bought some new ones from Nordstrom while they were having their sale.

Im 13weeks and haven’t told most people yet. I’m waiting for some more test results and the next ultrasound (next week). I just want to feel confident enough that when someone congratulates me thsg I can say thank you, and not be annoyed and tell them we’re not celebrating yet.