March 2018 Moms

Randoms starting 2/25

Re: Randoms starting 2/25

• New plan is to try and call again in the AM to see if they available which is another day off for DH.  If the same issue arises which is most likely as it’s more a lack of enough staffing - will end up forgoing induction this week.  We tried this week for baby’s size (10lbs), low amniotic fluid, and attempt  to deliver vaginally.  Then, will schedule another OB appointment for Monday for a cervical check/heart beat.  Possibly then look at scheduling a c-section for later next week or the week after because baby will be moving 11+ lbs.  I don’t know if they bump scheduled c-sections as well though. If I go naturally into labor - they can take me however DH would miss the birth because he’s a truck driver and once he starts his day it’s another 14-16 hours before he’s back to his yard which requires about an additional 1/2 hour/hour to drop trailer and paperwork and then is an hour away from the hospital.  We were relieved thinking he’d be there today but not happening.  It sucks if I’d have to be all alone.  He’s already losing his vacation time now, but then missing the birth too. 
  • @mmom3 That is awful, I'm so sorry. How frustrating! Fingers crossed you can get in tomorrow.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mmom3 I completely understand the trucker husband scheduling issue. That is an added stress you both don't need. 
  • @sassypants2010 Is your husband a trucker too?  

He’s scheduled to head back to work Thursday as he wasn’t able to get a load tomorrow because they were all scheduled by the time we left the doctor.  

@mdfarmchick that stinks about your visit?  Can you hang out in your bedroom and need to get some rest?  In laws could play with your toddler and your DH entertain them?
  • @mmom3 yep, though he just got a local position so at least I don't have to worry about him being across the country or in Canada when I go into labor. Which almost happened with our daughter. 
  • @mmom3 so many possibilities for you. That's frustrating and I really hope it happens tomorrow contour husband can be there!
  • @mmom3 I am so sorry.  I know that your situation must be very frustrating.  Thinking of you.

• Is it weird I’m jealous of my daughters hair??
    Haha it's pretty awesome!
  • My doctor stripped my membranes at 4:45 today. My blood pressure was high, so they sent me to labor and delivery to be monitored. They monitored my blood pressure for 2 hours and it was great! But, I started having regular contractions. So they decided to keep me and monitor my contractions to see if they changed my dilation at all... they didn’t. So they sent me home. Now I’m home, super uncomfortable, just waiting. I’m praying my water breaks! I’m a teacher, so my sub is going to be there for me tomorrow, but I can’t start my official maternity leave yet because I don’t have enough days.... so frustrating! I wish they would have just induced me! Cause if he doesn’t make his appearance within 24 hours I will have to go back to work.
  • @mcb0110 we literally have the same story! I feel your frustration. I had my membrane stripped twice before they broke my water for me and gave me pitocin. I was 39 + 3 when I had my daughter. I know membrane stripping is different for everyone though. Have you had any bloody show? And sorry but how about diarrhea? And stronger contractions? 
  • @crossfitbabybump I am jealous of her hair too! Look at that volume haha

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Yay @mmom3!! Good luck! Sending good vibes your way!
  • Good luck, @mmom3 and @mcb0110 !
  • Yes @mmom3! So glad you didn’t have to wait a lot longer!
  • @mmom3 good luck today!
  • @mmom3 GOOD LUCK!!

@BrittnieMariee that is awesome news! I am sure that is such a relief!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @GG620 I’m incredibly relieved!! And so proud of my little girl! :)
  • I'm so mad that I'm shaking right now guys. I've been planning to cloth diaper this entire pregnancy. Spent $500 on a diaper stash. Husband KNOWS this. And he waited until today, 3 weeks before due date, to tell his dad to buy us pampers as a gift because he refuses to cloth diaper. Just mentioned this to me at dinner. He says if he has to change a diaper, he's using a disposable, period. I tried to explain that there's no difference to him, what does he care? He won't be doing the laundry, the diaper will just go into the wet bag instead of the garbage. I'm fuming right now. I don't want chemicals on my baby's bum. I'm about to just tell him to forget about it, I'll just change all the damn diapers myself. 
  • @sarahhedger7 OMG I'm fuming for you. He hasn't expressed any apprehensions until now? Are you doing pockets or all-in-ones? They are seriously just like putting on a disposables. :angry:
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • @becausescience he's mentioned that he doesn't think I'll be able to keep up with all the laundry and that I'll use disposables in the end, but I showed him the diapers and how easy they are to work and he just kinda shrugged and it never got brought up again. I promise every pack of pampers I see will get sold or given away lol. I just don't know why he let me buy a whole damn stash before speaking up. Thanks for letting me fume.

• @vflux33 I'm so glad you and the babies are okay, they are beautiful! Sorry your birth experience was so scary but I'm glad you have such a great doctor. 
  • @vflux33 glad to hear that you and the babies are home and doing well now! So sorry you had a traumatic birth experience though!
  • GG620GG620 member
    @vflux33 so very, very happy to see your update! Glad that you and the babies are doing well, but sorry about the birth experience!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

[/spoiler]

• gh515gh515 member
    @vflux33 so sorry to hear of wretched birth experience, but so, so happy that you and the LOs are okay! They looks so precious and small! 

@sarahhedger7 I too rage on your behalf. It's unfair that men don't have to consider pregnancy/baby things until they feel like it. Good luck navigating that battle.