November 2018 Moms

Weekly Randoms

I'll go ahead and open a randoms thread for anyone wanting to chit chat.

Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • @CopperBoom86 Haha! That's how I was the first couple days. Especially because they were super faint. So then I got the digital and that "Pregnant" in words made it CLICK. So I just dance all giddy now. Then I go off and start reading about how to go from 1 to 2 kids and I start to FREAK OUT. :D
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @CopperBoom86 It's so hard in the early days, when all you have to prove a pregnancy is a stick that says so. I definitely don't believe it yet either! 
    @Whitmore1027 I keep looking at my gross dried out FRERs.  :s I should probably throw them away, but I can't get rid of the evidence just yet! I don't even want to think about how to go from 1 kid to 2 kids just yet...way too scary to think about! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @Whitmore1027 and @offtoneverland I also have all my sticks in my bathroom closet too! Doesn't feel right throwing them out yet even though most are completely dried out.

I had a slight panic moment yesterday and took yet another test. I read that you can't have Caesar dressing on the bump app and I have had it twice. My mom talked me off the ledge last night, but I knew I wouldn't feel better until I knew for sure with another test. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @Whitmore1027  @offtoneverland @CopperBoom86
    1 to 2 kids. Oh my god cue the freak out. And a new job. And a new house. And husband new job. Oh dear god.

@tessiesmom26
    don't freak out. I ate lunch meat the first time that wasn't microwaved and I thought I was going to panic myself into cardiac arrest. My OB calmly explained that the reason those "rules" are there is because usually ONE person had an issue. Not because everyone does or it is going to happen if you do it. So, I try to be mindful, but don't like work yourself up :)
    Me: 31 I DH: 31
    Met: 9/8/08; Engaged: 9/8/11; Married 6/30/12
    TTC#1: 8/2013; BFP: 9/30/13; born June 2014 (boy)
    TTC#2: 2/2018; BFP: 2/26/18; MC 4/4/18.
    TTC#2: 4/2018; BFP: 5/12/18; EDD: 1/19/19 (boy)
    2 fur babies: Oakley Marley (11.5) & Ava Lynn (2)

BabyGaga
  • @tessiesmom26 I have NEVER heard about the Caesar dressing! I am pretty sure I still ate that with my last pregnancy. Haha. Now I am curious!

• @oaklandava That's what my mom said. She was like "it's okay, just don't eat it any more or check the ingredients." It was a brief panic, nothing too serious. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @Whitmore1027 It's because it is made with raw eggs. I think it might only be certain brands, so it could be okay. We checked a bottle we had in the fridge and it did say egg yolk as an ingredient. It's not on any of the paperwork from my Dr.'s office so I might double check with them next time I go in to see what they say too.
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @CopperBoom86 that is totally me too! I’m still in complete shock! DH is pumped my older DS is not happy, and the toddler will probably die when he has to start sharing his dad lol 
    nws
  • Jumping on the "Not Processing" and "How on Earth do I go from 1 to 2 kids?!!" bandwagons. Once I see little squish, I'll be better.

I've already told a few people because I am no good at keeping big things secret. My DH got all his Christmas presents by Dec. 23rd. I've told the parents and my supervisor (mostly because I was so sick and dizzy last pregnancy and she needs to know if I'm unexpectedly missing a lot of work again). Going to tell my brother tonight since I'll be swinging by his place and hopefully our close friends and BIL this weekend. How has everyone else done with telling people?

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• I finally tossed my cheapie sticks this morning, but I'm still holding on to my FRER. 

For all worried about going from 1 to 2, I actually thought it wasn't as hard as going from 0 to 1. Granted DD (our first) was a really hard baby and I was totally clueless. DS was just more relaxed and actually enjoyed sleeping. I also was a little easier on myself the second time around (lowered expectations!). 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @tessiesmom26 Bottled caesar dressings are okay because the eggs are pasteurized. Just stay away from freshly made :)

@oaklandava All of that is my life right now. Well, all except the new house. We have so much going on and adding another kid to the mix has my head spinning!

@PMForbie I'm bad at keeping my own secrets, too, but I've somehow managed to only tell DH and my bestie. I want to tell my parents so bad, but we agreed to wait until after the first doctor's appointment (3/16).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PMForbie We told our parents this past weekend. We were going to try to wait but I really wanted to have someone who I could turn to before calling the dr. All of our parents are ecstatic and we feel that if anything were to happen we would want their support so we were fine telling them. DH however spilled the beans to two of his close coworkers. I haven't told anyone besides our parents yet so I am kind of wanting to.. but also sort of okay with waiting until at least our first U/S. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @CopperBoom @Whitmore1027 @tessiesmom26 @offtoneverland I have a pic of my digi in my phone that is always a fun pick me up to glance at.

I am also seriously worried about transitioning from 1-2, and just going back to the beginning phase again! We seriously don't care if #2 is a boy or girl, but beyond healthy if I was getting to pick something about them I would pick a good sleeper or just a chill baby. @ashkee05 DD is also not into sharing her dad - or her stuff! @wannaflickone My sister had a similar experience with her two kids, I'm kinda hoping for something similar, but you get what you get!

I had either a stomach bug or food poisoning for 48 hours beginning about 2 days before AF was due. I have been freaking out about it, but that was a week and a half ago and I have to figure that if I was still actually pregnant after all that it should be fine (excellent betas this week). It's so easy to worry about everything you put on/in/near your body when pg but it's best to remember that babies are designed to survive in real live human women and not vacuums. Easier said than done of course.

So far the only people who know are DH and DD (though she doesn't understand at all, lol). We will tell immediate family after the first doctor's appointment in two weeks. We are going to a party this weekend and I'm sure a few people will notice that I'm not drinking, and probably speculate but I doubt many would say anything directly to me about it.

• @tessiesmom26 Ohhh yeah, the raw eggs make sense!! I must have never known how that dressing was made. Hahaha!
    @wannaflickone Yeah I  have heard that going from 1 to 2 isn't as hard as 0 to 1. It makes sense, because we are a bit experienced, and even though they can be completely different, some experience is better right? lol. But I remember not sleeping for weeks with my first, and not sleeping AND taking care of a toddler scares the crap out of me.
    @lifesabeach85 Yes! I took photos too, but mine were so faint, it wouldn't pick up on my camera! BUT I do have the digital "pregnant" one, so maybe I'll toss the others now and just keep that one. Hahah! Yup, transitioning from one to two is scary...we have 8 months to prepare!!

So, regarding my 8 dried out pregnant tests, they are sitting on the counter (more specifically near my husbands sink, we have a HUGE vanity in our bathroom. He told me this morning "Can you move all the things you have peed on to somewhere else? Perhaps to your side of the counter?" Hahahahaha. I cracked up and was like "NO get over it." He didn't argue. But I think I will move them so that he has his space back. lol. I'll probably throw them away expect for my digital one (which is supposed to say "pregnant" for 6 months!!

Also, we have told a few friends. I have told 3 close girl friends, and my H told his best guy friend. I want to tell family ASAP. Like this weekend. I'm not big into waiting. I have almost spilled the beans myself. I don't know HOW people can wait so long!

I forgot to run to the dollar store for more tests...for fun...you know...But it's right down the street, so I'll probably head over there later after DS nap.

• @whitmore1027 the digital reads for 6 months?! What kind is it? My last pregnancy, I had the Clear Blue digital that said the weeks and it died after a few days. This time, I confirmed my wonky blue dye test with a standard Clear Blue digital. It still said Pregnant this morning and I carry it with me when I start doubting this is really real lol.

• @PMForbie I went to grab the instructions to make sure I read it right. It says if it's "Pregnant", then results will remain on display for up to 6 months. If it's "Not Pregnant" that it will only display it for 24 hours. It's the Clear Blue Digital!

• @whitmore1027 That is so awesome! I've been keeping it in my purse looking for when it'll die, but I don't want to keep it for 6 months haha. When the symptoms hit, I'll not need the reminder lol

• I had a slight panic moment yesterday and took yet another test. I read that you can't have Caesar dressing on the bump app and I have had it twice. My mom talked me off the ledge last night, but I knew I wouldn't feel better until I knew for sure with another test. 
    OMG.... I had never heard that one. Sooo many things you are not suppose to eat. And now your post made me think over what I had been eating and I just remembered I ate some raw cookie dough! Gah!

• @cooperboom I get stressed at the thought of 2 kids so I shut it out.

• Any of you ladies know if you can drink Emergen-c while pregnant? I have a cold coming on and its my go to. Google has been no help, I get a yes and no. Ugh...

• @Whitmore1027 I can't keep it secret for long either. I am a horrible liar and my little sister said last time she knew it because I was avoiding her. She lived 4 hours away!

• This might be an odd one, but hoping someone else has had this happen. My employer is considering changing one of our benefit providers, specifically the one who I have Short Term Disability through. Their policy was that you can't give birth 10 months after getting the policy, and I just made that cut off because I picked it up in December '17 and will most likely be delivering in November. However, if we switch to this new company the effective date will be July 1 and if they have a 10 month or year waiting period I am going to be screwed.

I tried to ask my boss without giving too much away and he thinks we might be grandfathered into the plan, and my coworker who knows suggested I contact the current company and see if I can keep the plan and pay out of pocket. We have a meeting with the new company in two weeks and I can ask then, but just wondering if anyone has any experience with this. 
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    BFP Jan '22
    BFP May '22

• @blue2mango I would definitely call your doctor and ask before taking Emergen C. I have heard that large dosages of vitamin C can be linked to MC. But that is just what I read on the internet so what do I know. But I would recommend asking a health care professional for sure.

• Is it too early to talk about the holidays? I just realized last night that there will be no way I can do Thanksgiving and Christmas like I usually do. Even 9 months pregnant, I still threw an awesome Christmas feast, but no way I'm doing it with a newborn. My biggest concern, though, is flu. Should we not see anyone over the holidays who don't have the flu shot? That would basically mean just MIL and FIL and probably my teacher BFF would be able to hang out because I know my family and DH's friends who do the holidays with us do not do the flu shot. DS became so very ill by 2 weeks from seeing DH's friends and their DD3 who is DS's age constantly has a runny nose and goopy eyes; DS always gets runny noses after seeing them. I'm grateful my New Year's resolution was to not plan anything this year and I'm sticking to it. At least everyone knows I'm not intending to play hostess and planner this year.

• @PMForbie I'm so paranoid about the flu. It's been really bad this year where we are and next year is supposed to be even worse. We probably won't leave the house unless it's absolutely necessary. As for holidays, we rotate host homes. Last year was my year for Christmas, so I won't have to worry about it this year. We'll probably stay home and invite just our parents over to visit if they want.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PMForbie I don’t think that’s unreasonable at all. And planning a low-key holiday is smart!

I didn’t even think about flu season! I just thought about using the baby to get out of flying back to California for the holidays this year. It was hard enough with DS last year. A toddler and a newborn? Forget it!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @concreteayngel I was actually planning to fly to CA in Feb. 2019 with a toddler and possible newborn, but we'll see how that goes. Definitely won't be the highlight of the trip.

• @PMForbie you’re a braver woman than me! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lifesabeach85 I read that as well and also read another post that it was fine. Google searches suck for this, all different answers. I will just eat some oranges & hope...
    Thanks!

• @PMForbie Did you tell your brother and close friends this weekend? How did it go?
    @wannaflickone It's great to hear that you were able to lower expectations for yourself for the second kid. With my first, I was really hard on myself and tried to do everything perfectly. I obsessed over every tiny little detail, and I felt guilty about everything. I'm really hoping I can be more lax with this one. Do you have any tips on how you were able to lower expectations, or do you think it was just easier in general since you had already done it once? 
    @tessiesmom26 I'm really terrible at insurance, but I'd definitely recommend calling the insurance companies to see what they suggest. And even though it's early, it may be necessary for you to tell your boss so you can get some advice on the insurance plans, but I know it's hard telling people so early!
    @CopperBoom86 Is the flu really supposed to be worse next year? That's terrifying! @PMForbie with that in mind, it seems like a good idea to limit the people who come into your home during the holidays. I think the worst thing in the world would be a tiny infant getting the flu! If you do have family over, maybe ask them beforehand to be mindful if they're feeling sick so they don't get your baby sick too. Those conversations are hard though. My MIL visited us just a few days after DD was born and she said she had allergies, but I'm almost certain it was a cold. I was really mad at her for visiting when she was sick. :( Thankfully DD didn't catch anything.
    @CopperBoom86 That gif is gold. That's exactly how I was feeling last night. MH wanted to go out to dinner, and when we walked in the restaurant I was certain I wouldn't be able to eat a thing. Thankfully I was able to eat dinner, but when we got home I felt super full and hungry at the same time, so I ate a bowl of cereal.  :D

AFM- I hope no one minds that I'm starting a bunch of the threads this weekend. I think I may be the only one without a life on the weekends. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland I think it's easier to lower expectations with the second because you almost have to. With getting used to having a second you just have to let some things go to save your sanity. It's frustrating at first but then freeing once you really just let things go...

+1 for not wanting to go anywhere during the holidays due to fear of the flu. If people have the sniffles around my kids... I'm like...

Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• edited March 2018
    @offtoneverland I think what @josie12367 said i a big part of it, survival. I know for me personally *TW* I had a bit of undiagnosed PPD with my first. End TW. My second experience was easier overall because I didn’t experience that. I was able to give myself a lot more grace. I definitely understand the wanting everything to be perfect, but I was able to let go of that more with my second. Having a second baby that actually slept also made a difference!

@pmforbie I hadn’t thought about flu! I hope it isn’t worse next year. I’m already paranoid enough.

We will most likely plan on Christmas at our home (I instituted the “kids wake up in their own beds on Christmas morning” rule two years ago) and will
    invite my parents and in-laws to stay with us if they would like.

@tessiesmom26 I also would call the plan administrator and ask them. I know insurance stinks to have to sit on the phone with but getting an answer sooner rather than later isnprobably
    best. I hope it works out in your favor. You should definitely be grandfathered in.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• DH and I discussed the Christmas issue today... whether or not to just stay here or go visit is family in Chicago. I’m kinda leaning toward going just because as I recall babies are easiest to travel with the smaller they are. But yeah I guess we would have to deal with a lot of people (nieces and nephews especially) wanting to hold/touch the new baby.... 

• @lifesabeach85 I would 100% travel with a young baby over my 18 month old. He is at that tough age where there is no interest in sitting still for more than two minutes to read a book and he has no interest in watching a show to pass the time. I flew this weekend with him and had planned to shovel food into him the whole way. Unfortunately we ran out and it got a little dicey on the plane.

My biggest concern with young babies and travel is what you mentioned... everyone wanting to hold baby. If you do travel and are a fan of baby wearing, I would just keep baby strapped to you 90% of the time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @offtoneverland I tild my brother and his response was, "Seriously? Well, thus is different from the last time." Last time being I made an uncle themed onesie. Seeing how this is #2 and he didn't seem thrilled until after D'S was born, I figured he didn't care as much. He keeps his feelings well buried, so I guess I was wrong. We told all our close friends this weekend. My BFF knew from the way I was saying we have to make time and visit. The others were a mix of thrilled and shock lol.

I went to a festival this weekend and it was supposed to be a nice high of 70°. It ended up being closer to 80° with a breeze and no clouds, which means I am now sporting a deep shade of red on my hands and a lovely pink on my face. Being a redhead in FL can suck some days.
    And this bring a me to a PSA: if you didn't know, you sunburn a lot easier when you're pregnant, so be mindful when you're outside during the summer months! 

• Also, talked to the ILs about flu shots and they always get theirs, so no big deal, plus MIL really is looking forward to having a smaller holiday celebration. We usually have 20+. BFF has never had a flu shot but says she absolutely would for Forbie #2.  I work in the same building as my mom and will ask her during lunch but she's a newlywed and her husband is 1 of 8 plus this will be the first holiday season without his father, so she may just decide to stay with his family.