October 2018 Moms

PGAL Week of 3/1

Just wondering how you ladies are doing this week so here we go! Let me know if we should do different questions!

This is a check in for those of us who are experiencing pregnancy after a loss (miscarriage, chemical pregnancy, stillbirth, child loss, to name a few). Hopefully we can all lend support to each other through the hormone filled craziness that is pregnancy!

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)?

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)?

4. Any appointment updates? When is your next appointment?

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food?  (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!)

Re: PGAL Week of 3/1

• nasalot188nasalot188 member
    edited March 2018

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 8 weeks today!

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? So very nauseous. Doc prescribed some meds so hopefully that helps. Very tired.

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I had my first ultrasound yesterday and it was amazing. I know we aren't out of the woods, but I feel so much better. After 2 consecutive chemical pregnancies, making it past 6 weeks was a huge relief!

4. Any appointment updates? When is your next appointment? Today I had my 8 wk prenatal. Next US is 12 wks Mar 29 :)

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): Last weekend we all had the flu. Was awful. Now DS has strep throat! It's never ending. Fed up with winter.

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food?  (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!)

Poutine! Also steak and mashed potatoes mmmm

• 8w 4d here, and feeling pretty nauseated in the afternoon and evening, but food and unisom help.  I’ve had 2 good ultrasounds with heartbeats, so that’s reassuring, but my losses were late 1st trimester and I’m getting anxious as I approach that point.  It’s hard to be excited about this pregnancy yet until I get a lot further along.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 7 weeks today! 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? Still feeling pretty good. Symptoms are minimal except for being super tired. Hoping it stays this way. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Relieved actually for once, see appt update below! 

4. Any appointment updates? When is your next appointment?  Had my first ultrasound this morning, and it went great! They saw a baby in my uterus, measuring at 7 weeks on the dot, with a heartbeat of 148! Obviously anything could still happen, but I’m feeling so much better now after hearing the heartbeat today.  With this being my 4th pregnancy, the only other time I got to hear a heartbeat was when I was pregnant with DS, so I’m feeling really hopeful at this point. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):  Nothing too much this week, but my mom and sister are coming to visit next week from the east coast, and we’re planning to tell them next weekend! Nervous that telling them makes it more real, but I’m excited! 

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food?  (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!) Definitely pizza! Give me pizza all day, every day, and I’d be a happy lady. 

• KFrobKFrob member

1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 9w tomorrow! We got to see baby and a HB of 174 this week

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? nausea on and off, indigestion, exhausted, sore boobs, can't sleep, congestion, night time hot flashes

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Much better now that we made it past when we had the previous loss and we've had two u/s to see how baby is growing.  

4. Any appointment updates? When is your next appointment?  The next one is the boring prenatal exam on the 13th, and then on he 23rd we have our NIPT and u/s

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):  DH coaches a college sports team and their games started this week.  I appreciate the extra work and glad its something that he loves, but it takes him away from the family like 4 nights a week for the next couple of months so I get a bit mopey about missing him.  But, he def secretly likes it when I get mopey about missing him.    

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food?  (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!)  Oh man, this is tough one.  I think I'm going to go with Chipotle, which I know is technically not one food but its amazing.  

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 6w 4d 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? A lot more nauseaous than previous pregnancies and exhauseted most of the time. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? I keep going back and forth between feeling like it's going to be okay and being a nervous-wreck. 

4. Any appointment updates? When is your next appointment? First Ultrasound and OB appointment is next Wednesday! With my loss, we didn't get an ultrasound until about 11 weeks and at that point the baby was measuring only 7w5d and there was no heart beat. I'm so glad that we are getting one earlier this time, but I still wish that I could just fast forward through the 1st tri! 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): @nasalot188 we all just got over strep threat a few weeks ago- it sucked. And now after a few healthy weeks DD was up all night last night puking. I'm thankful that my boss is very understanding and it has been nice to hang out at home all day watching kids movies! 

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food?  (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!) Normally it would be pizza, but the thought of it currently makes me gaggy. 

BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones? 7 weeks and 3 days I think. 

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)? So Nauseous. It's so bad today. I'm dying. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)? Not even worried at this point. The nausea is so bad this time I am pretty sure this kid isn't going anywhere. 

4. Any appointment updates? When is your next appointment? We had our ultrasound a week ago and saw the heartbeat which was great. Next appointment is 3/22. 

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here): I've been too sick to function. I am really praying the Unisom/B6 combo works for me. B6 isn't doing anything today, but maybe tomorrow will be better. 

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food?  (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!) Ugh I can barely even think about food, but I normally love buffalo wings. 

• nasalot188 That sounds like one hellish week! I'm sorry you had to deal with that, yikes! I'm with you on winter. Can it just be over yet?
    lilyaster Congratulations on your two positive ultrasounds! I always get anxious when I approach my loss points too. Hang in there and fingers crossed for more good ultrasounds to come. 
    pumpkinpancake Yay on the heartbeat! I'm so happy for you. Good luck on telling your family about the pregnancy!
    KFrob My DF has school three days a week, 45 minutes from the house and works 3 to midnight six days a week and I'm definitely constantly moping! I try not to mope too much in front of him but dammit I'm not sorry for missing my partner lmao 
    bel194 Definitely dealing with extra nausea here too. It sucks! Hope you start to feel better soon. And good luck at your appointment. So exciting!

7 weeks today! I'm really happy to have made it to this point. 

Terrible lol. Not only am I dealing with mega intense morning sickness that's way worse than any other pregnancy, but I now suddenly have food aversions to EVERYTHING. Any food that I glimpse or smell or even think about instantly triggers my morning sickness and I feel like there are ads for restaurants or recipe videos everywhere I go lol. The only food that doesn't trigger my morning sickness when I think about it is cottage cheese. For a hot minute it was mozzarella sticks but I ate some and now I have an aversion to them as well. Sigh. 

Definitely still checking the tp every time I use the bathroom but trying my best to not worry unless something happens. Keyword: trying. 

My first appointment was scheduled for March 13 but I had to reschedule and it's not until March 21. I'll be one day shy of 10 weeks at that point and still won't have had any ultrasounds or bloodwork of any kind. Definitely a bit nervous.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):

DF watched a video on water birth and decided he wants to do a home water birth with a midwife. I'm super excited because I'd just been about to approach the subject with him when he brought it up. I wanted a water birth with my first but didn't have the means to make it happen so I'm really excited about it and also happy that we seem to be on the same page for everything.

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food?  (Pre-pregnancy, when nothing is off limits and everything looks and tastes good!) Pasta with an insane amount of cheese. 

Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @nasalot188  Ugh flu going through your house is no fun!  Neither is strep!
    @lilyaster  Glad the Unisom helps.  Thinking about trying it on my rough days.
    @pumpkinpancake Yay I’m so happy for your ultrasound being perfect today!!
    @KFrob Love Chipotle!
    @bel194 Fx for a good appointment on Wednesday!
    @acciocoffee  Sorry the nausea is so intense.  I hope the new meds work their magic soon.
    @mytrueloves  I’m so excited for you that your DF is on board with your birth plan!

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  By u/s measurements, 6w+3

I have good days and bad.  The nausea can strike me at any point during the day or night, some days are rough!  Sore boobs and cramping are there but less noticeable.  And I fall asleep on the couch every night before 9:00.

Some days I feel super confident, others worried. I had my first ultrasound today, measured a little earlier than I thought I was but then again, I had irregular cycles.  Baby’s heartbeat is a nice 117.  Feeling more relaxed now but still just wanting this first trimester to be over!  

4. Any appointment updates? When is your next appointment?  3/29 for a quick prenatal visit (10ish weeks) and after that we’ll schedule the first trimester screening and the nuchal translucency u/s.

5. What's been happening in your life this week? Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here):  It's a pretty typical week around here.  This weekend will be busy, I'm supposed to go to a funeral and a bridal shower this weekend.  Each is 2 hours from my house, in opposite directions.  And my stomach doesn't take well to car rides.  This could get interesting.

6. GTKY:  What is your absolute favorite food? (Pre-pregnancy, of course, when nothing is off limits!!)  Anything Italian.  Also wine.

• Hi All! Just joining in.

5+5 today. That's past a couple of my losses, but I've had six up through 11 weeks, so a ways to go. With my later losses, though, I had warning signs.

Very weepy and I'm starting to go off food. I'm still early for most symptoms.

Varies. There were two sacs on Monday, so I'm hoping at least one of them will be a take-home baby.

Next Monday at 6+2. Clinic warned me not to expect heartbeat(s), but I'm hoping.

Too busy to be very stressed, which is actually helpful.

6. GTKY: 
    Vegetarian Thai food! I used to live in Seattle, and I miss Araya's desperately, for anyone who knows it.
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...