October 2018 Moms

High Risk Mommas

I need a thread to burn of a little nervous energy! I was totally psyched up for this very planned, 8 months of trying & waiting, super wanted third pregnancy! Now that I'm actually pregnant though, I'm freaking the eff out!! What did I get myself into?!?

Ive had preeclampsia in both previous pregnancies, delivered at 36 weeks the first time & 29 weeks (way sicker way faster) with #2. My MFM gave us the green light for a third, and says we have every reason to be hopeful that if it develops this time it will be less severe & a later onset.

But now the panic is setting in. I want to enjoy this pregnancy, it will be my last, but my anxiety is making it hard to stay positive.

Who else is having a risky pregnancy?

Re: High Risk Mommas

• I had pre-e and GD the first time around, and I’m hoping to avoid it this time, but I’ve already noticed one of me feet swelling. It’s not much, but has me worried already.
  • ***lurking***

I also had pre-e/HELLP with my DD and delivered at 29 weeks. I met with a MFM prior to doing my FET and he didn’t advise against trying for another, but was up front with the likelihood it may happen again. I did hear that taking a baby aspirin through 36 weeks can have an effect on decreasing those odds. It still scares me though...I don’t know if I have the mental energy for another 10 week NICU stay...
  • Loading the player...
  • ***lurking***

I also had pre-e/HELLP with my DD and delivered at 29 weeks. I met with a MFM prior to doing my FET and he didn’t advise against trying for another, but was up front with the likelihood it may happen again. I did hear that taking a baby aspirin through 36 weeks can have an effect on decreasing those odds. It still scares me though...I don’t know if I have the mental energy for another 10 week NICU stay...
    My sister had HELLP with her first. They diagnosed it at 37 weeks and admitted her. After delivery, she had a liver bleed that led to a hypovolemic shock then cardiogenic shock then cardiac arrest. She was in the ICU for 2 weeks. She still wanted a second baby so they had her on aspirin 81 mg once daily the whole pregnancy and it went full term with no issues. Lots of good evidence on aspirin with previous HELLP. I would consult your md about starting it after they look at blood work. 
  • @ashin121 Wow, that’s awesome your sister had a smooth second pregnancy, it gives me hope. Scary about her first though.

Yes, I should’ve clarified—when I said “I’ve heard”, I should’ve said I heard from my MFM and RE, so my providers have already recommended it! 
  • Hi all!
    I’m freaking out a bit. I’m already considered high risk since I'm old (I’ll be 38 at delivery) and over weight, plus my oldest was born at 27 weeks, then I had twins at 33 weeks. Well, I just found out today that I’m now pg with identical mono-mono twins, which are the most risky identicals. So my risks just went way up. I was hoping for a singleton and to make it to at least 35/36 weeks and feel like the rug just got pulled out from under me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ashleymarie512 oh then yea! Take it ! :) Very minimal risk. My obgyn even said she thinks future guidelines are going to include that everyone takes aspirin 81 mg if you're pregnant. I had multiple consecutive losses so she told me to take it too
  • OMG @jennybean80 another set of twins that's crazy! at least you've BTDT right? you got this