August 2018 Moms
Options

March Siggy Suggestions!

It's about time to get rid of hairy backs and inappropriate cakes. Drop your best suggestions for Siggy's for March! We'll create a separate voting thread next week.

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: March Siggy Suggestions!

• Options

Our celebrity look-a-like!

• Options
    I was thinking something food related since second tri is when a lot of the intense cravings come on. Maybe biggest pregnancy craving? Favorite dessert?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @alinafed - Fun! I like that one!

I'm suggesting 'You had one job!'
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha you had one job's are fun. I like the celebrity look a like but I don't have one! I wouldn't even know what to put.

• Options
    Not to be a spoil-sport, but could there be a size limit, or maybe put them in spoilers? I feel like I've "Image Blocked" most of the huge or moving ones, it's distracting trying to read through, like super-size ads. ><
  • Options
    neeraja_k said:
    Not to be a spoil-sport, but could there be a size limit, or maybe put them in spoilers? I feel like I've "Image Blocked" most of the huge or moving ones, it's distracting trying to read through, like super-size ads. ><
    Probably not. You can't really control the size of the image or gif you select. I'm sure some people can put them in spoilers but that kinda ruins the whole thing. 

• Options
    Can I just vote against the food one? I totally agree that it's relevant and everything but logging on will be torture - whenever I see my candy hearts or people's cinnamon rolls or steaks I am starving, I don't want to have to avoid the Bump my whole work day. Especially these long afternoons when I have run out of all my snacks. lol.

• Options
     (Don't take offence calimom, I'm just a fat kid at heart, and especially so while pregnant :D )

• Options
    Lol @alinafed it takes a lot to offend me, I totally get it. Luckily I hate candy hearts so yours doesn't make me crave anything but the tickers with food, mine included, always make me crave those items. 

• Options
    Love the celeb look alike one! 

There also St. Patrick’s Day type themes...

Maybe something to do with Springtime??

I agree that spoilers kind of ruin the whole point of them in the first place. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am down with something St. Patrick's Day related. Or What about Easter eggs? Like ones that are decorated really cool or funny. 
  • Options
    For St. Patrick's Day we could do Drunk/Drinking Fails
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    yeah I veto food.  I have to stop clicking on the "what I'm eating" thread because it makes me crave whatever you guys are eating. 

What about a play off being lucky..... Like I'm so lucky I got.....X?
  • Options
    It’s actually really easy to resize a gif or image. Just use an online tool and host it yourself on photobucket or something. I’ve done it frequently in the past. Unfortunately I can’t participate because I would have to remove one of my tickets. Even though I only have 3, it tells me I’m only allows 5 images and won’t let me add another. I had to remove my breastfeeding one to add one for this baby, but figured since I’ve been breastfeeding since DS1 was born it was kind of redundant, anyway...
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Bumping this one too just in case there are any last-minute suggestions :)
    And I was already looking at bump gifs sooooo

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is a little obscure but what about Irish insults? Gaelic swearing/insults are super dramatic and I’m sure we could find funny ones! It’s not necessarily a picture though. (Going with the st Patrick’s day theme)

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Or we could come up with our own creative Irish insult inspired curses too

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    This is a little obscure but what about Irish insults? Gaelic swearing/insults are super dramatic and I’m sure we could find funny ones! It’s not necessarily a picture though. (Going with the st Patrick’s day theme)
    Do you mean swears in the Irish language? Or just swears in English that non Irish people think we Irish say? Just curious because I can’t really think of any insults I’d use in Ireland that I wouldn’t use here except for “you feckin’ eejit” or “you gowl”... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ecwk I mean like the super long winded things that we’re lead to believe are real life! Maybe it’s old fashioned Gaelic curses? I don’t really think people today say them. 

Things like: May you all go to hell and not have a drop of porter to quench your eternal thirst

The article I pulled that from called them mallacht?

ill be sad if it’s not real because I love the creativity in the ones that I’ve come across before!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    @ecwk I mean like the super long winded things that we’re lead to believe are real life! Maybe it’s old fashioned Gaelic curses? I don’t really think people today say them. 

Things like: May you all go to hell and not have a drop of porter to quench your eternal thirst

The article I pulled that from called them mallacht?

ill be sad if it’s not real because I love the creativity in the ones that I’ve come across before!
    Yeaaaaah no, literally no one says those. Ever. Sorry! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    But like your ancestors did at some point right?!  :#

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Never. We also don’t say “top o’ the morning to ya” or “begorrah” :wink:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    Never. We also don’t say “top o’ the morning to ya” or “begorrah” :wink:
    My life is a lie!!!! 

I dont even know what begorrah is. I’ve had the pleasure of visiting Ireland twice in my life and it’s one of my favorite places! I know about the morning thing, but I just feel lied to about the curses! I feel like even in Highlander (which I know is Scottish and totally different but I’m comparing them) she did so much historical research and the curses were all over the book! And the articles that came up when I was looking for examples! There was one from the Irish Times!

ah well. This is the value of having multicultural friends. You can fix misconceptions!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This got real funny.  All this Irish talk just makes me want a green beer.
  • Options
    Did we decide what we're doing for March?

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I think we need to organize the suggestions above and make a poll.  But since I just typed "pool" 3x before I could get poll to come out, I don't think I'm up for the challenge

eta: hairy back is retired in the meantime.
  • Options
    Ditto the poll suggestion. I'm bored because work is slow today so I can do it if no one else wants to. And yes @livinthesunnylife - I spoiler'd my siggy about a week ago because I was so over it.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    edited March 2018
    Ditto the poll suggestion. I'm bored because work is slow today so I can do it if no one else wants to. And yes @livinthesunnylife - I spoiler'd my siggy about a week ago because I was so over it.

STuck in box - thank you!! 

ETA for doing the poll, not the spoiler! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for doing the poll!
      No siggys in spoilers!  I never notice the spoilers so takes away all the fun!