October 2018 Moms
Options

Anyone using Progesterone suppositories?

Hi Ladies! I'm 40 yrs old, 5W 3D, had 2 MCs, and according to the stats I'm a geriatric high risk pregnancy...LOL! Boy I tell you I'm so happy I don't worry about what people call me. I'm inserting one progesterone suppository each night. Are any of you ladies using them? 

Re: Anyone using Progesterone suppositories?

• Options
    Yup. Twice daily. Our baby is due to IVF so I need progesterone since I am not making any of my own.
  • Options
    Yep, i do and i haved used them for all 3 of my pregnancies. The ones I using now are red so you can just imagine how I feel everytime I go to the restroom and see red. I naturally have low progesterone so that why I need them. Good luck ladies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kiwi2628 have you experienced any cramping? I started the progesterone  yesterday and I'm cramping a little. Just feels weird.
  • Options
    Yes, i did right after I started using it all 3 times. It does feel weird. I still get cramping and I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. 
  • Options
    Wow @rossynotreadyfor3! Seeing red would freak me out too. It's comforting knowing that you've used them with all three of your babies.
  • Options
    Yep. Mine’s a gel suppository, twice a day until 10 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey, another old lady! I'm also 40. :) IVF pregnancy, so I'm on Endometrin suppositories 3x/day in addition to PIO shots (hate them!). Haven't asked yet how long this clinic will keep me on them.

Didn't know there was a red version out there. That sounds awful!
    ***TW***
    DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

• Options
    I’m on them 3x/day.  I’ve had several miscarriages so hopefully the progesterone along with other meds I’m on is working.  I normally have spotting and haven’t noticed any this time.  I’m 8 + 4.
  • Options
    @rossynotreadyfor3 Why would they make them red?! Def not designed by a woman.  :s
    Midwest Momma to be + Dog Mom to Riley, Beagle/Boxer/Snarfer
    Baby Blob due Oct 7!
    PAIF 2+ years!
  • Options
    @rossynotreadyfor3 mine are red too! I hate it so much! I’ve been bitching about them for weeks. Why oh whyyy would they make them red?
  • Options
    Mine are red as well but oral. I think the red ones are intended as oral so the red is a smooth coating to make swallowing it easier, but Dr's have been using it as a suppository for faster absorbtion. I have P-2 written on my pill. 
  • Options
    Yup, IVF pregnancy so I use the suppositories every morning. They tested my progesterone last week and it was >120 so I should be able to stop them after my 7 week ultrasound if everything looks good. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22