August 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday - 2/28

Re: WTF Wednesday - 2/28

• Options
    Selfishly saw this wasn’t started, and I have a WTF. I have to do my early 3 hour glucose today. I flunked the 1 hour (163)...they’re testing me early since I had GD in my first pregnancy. 

Well they want me there at 7:15, I was here and they took my baseline/fasting blood sample at 7:30. For those unfamiliar with the test - you then drink the sugary drink and they take your blood 1 hour, 2 hours, and 3 hours after your drink. 

Heres where I’m pissed. They check your baseline to make sure you should continue the test, but it takes 45 MINUTES. Seriously?! So I can’t go ahead and drink the drink?! That’s so fu$&@“ stupid. Like I could be 45 minutes in to drinking my drink and being ready for the next blood draw. But instead it’s just wasted time. PS - I took my blood sugar with my own meter and it was 77 so I know I can drink the drink. Why don’t they test it that way?! SO STUPID AND INFURIATING.

TL;DR 3 hour glucose test is inefficient and dumb
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    eurgh @mozartsmuse that is frustrating! I hope you pass anyway!! 

My WTF is to PT conferences. I have to be at school from 6 - 830 tonight but these things are always so poorly attended. I can see why, all grades are available online and if any one wants to talk to me, they can call or email or make an appointment. So I have two parents scheduled to see me, one at 6 and one at 610. Then nothing. So I will hang here for over 2 hours twiddling my thumbs! 
    Netflix? 
  • Options
    @mozartsmuse - I'm pissed on your behalf! That's insane, blood sugar can be tested in literally 5 seconds. They should just keep a meter at the check-in desk. Hi! Here for your GTT? Cool, give me your finger. Boom Done.

@ecwk - we'll keep you company! :)

Mine isn't so much of a WTF as it is a FML. I was complaining in MBF that DH lost his job but we had some notice so he had another lined up. Anyway, he got word on Monday night that the job offer had fallen through, the company had someone internal in mind and wanted that person to fill the position. Even though on paper DH is more qualified. So now back to square one and I'm freaking the eff out. I'll say it again, adulting sucks. Grumble.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Can you grade papers, so lesson plans, stuff like that?
  • Options
    @mozartsmuse that seriously SUCKS! So what do you do for those hours? Sit in the lab? Another thing I've always wondered is why can't they give us something like a rice crispy treat, or tell us to go grab a milkshake or something delicious worth eating and then test our levels. They should just have a bucket of candy at check in and you get to eat x amount lol. I know this probably wouldn't work because I have no idea how many grams of sugar are in the drink, and maybe it would be an insane amount of treats you would have to eat. Regardless, I think that sounds a lot more fun.

@mrsbubbles-2 I am so incredibly sorry to hear that! That is just horrible!! I know he will find something quickly but I feel for you. My husband actually quit one of his jobs without having anything lined up about 2 years ago, and I was LOSING it. Luckily it didn't take as long as I imagined for him to find something else, because he had lots of time to go in for interviews when called. Crossing my fingers for you guys that something even better presents itself!

my WTF is that I woke up at 5:30 with my husband. Usually I sleep in a little until DD gets up at 7 but today I couldn't. I feel like I'm going to crash at 10 am now.
  • Options
    neeraja_kneeraja_k member
    edited February 2018
    @mozartsmuse Wow! I'd be pissed too. I never had to wait from my initial baseline to drinking. She just asked when was the last time I ate, then took the fasting sample, then turned around and handed me the drink and started the timer. I'd be pissed if I'd have to have fasted for 12 hours, driven an hour to the hospital that early in the morning, only for my fasting to be "too high" and they send me home to try again another day. *rolls eyes*

FX you pass your three hour!

@mrsbubbles-2 Oh no! How frustrating. Hopefully something works out for you guys soon. :(
  • Options
    mozartsmusemozartsmuse member
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for your condolences everybody. I brought my own meter so I could know the results instead of having to wait. So far my fasting was 77. I’m about to take my 1 hour to see what it is. They can draw blood if they like but I’m being efficient about this LOL 

ETA - I tested right before they took blood for the 1 hour, it was 181 :(

2 hour is 129

3 hour was 55

they called to say I passed!!

• Options
    melprop said:
    Can you grade papers, so lesson plans, stuff like that?
    Oh yeah, I'll definitely find a way to pass the time. It's more that administration insists on keeping these going several times a year even though they are a complete waste of time. Our union is working on changing it though so hopefully next year it won't be as bad! 

So sorry @mrsbubbles-2 - adulting definitely sucks! I'm sorry you're so stressed and I reeeeaaaallllyyy hope something turns up very very soon for YH. I'm sure it will! Hugs! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry @mrsbubbles-2 ...and I have a feeling adulting is going to be even harder when LO gets here. Sigh. It was hard for us with DD...waiting to see how nuts it is with another one. 
  • Options
    @mozartsmuse - Good luck, keep us posted!
    @missybutler94 - I am 1000% behind your idea of the giant bucket of candy! Yum! Although I kinda liked the drink (it was just like orange soda) I like gummy bears better.
    @ecwk - I really hope your union is successful with the change. Teachers give so much of themselves ever day, and like you said, parents have several ways of getting in touch if there is an issue. If there is anything that can mane PT conferences more efficient, I hope they implement it immediately!

Thanks for the love, ladies. Spending today making a new budget (thanks for the site @melbel0824!) and we're going to come up with a plan. We've already moved DS to part time day care so DH has time for finishing the certification he started and interviews. Sigh. Sorry to be such a downer.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My WTF is my coworker. I’m dealing with my own issues but don’t complain at work. I’ve got another coworker that is dealing with serious health issues as well. This WTF coworker has no self awareness and is walking around sighing and groaning about butt pain! Like STFU no one cares. Oh and BTW I told her what to stretch and what muscles to strengthen to make it go away. 
  • Options
    @ecwk I feel you on that- our conferences are on the 15th. Most parents will come for fall conferences, but few come for spring. And it's never the kid whose parents you really need to speak to- it's always the kids who are already doing well. I fully expect my insane parents to show up. 

Speaking of the insane parents- I've received four emails asking why I haven't graded their daughter's five page paper about Abraham Lincoln. I haven't responded yet because I don't know how to say I refuse to grade it because all I asked for was a poster about the president. A poster. With like ten facts. That's it. It's first grade. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• Options
    edited February 2018
    @mrsbubbles-2 you're not being a downer! This is the WTF thread, after all. Sorry to hear the job fell through. It always seems like everything has a way of working out even if we don't like the timing. Thinking of you guys!

@scottishlash1213 I have one of those, too. Self awareness, what? Also, I don't know if I am close enough to anyone at work to complain about butt pain. LOL. 

@mozartsmuse Sorry you have to sit and wait so long! Hope everything turns out ok. 

My WTF Wednesday is my MIL. She reallly pissed me off last night. DH is an only child so she is far up his butt anyway, but last night DH was given an award at city council and she tried to stand beside him when they called his family up with him. Lady, I am his wife! He CHOSE me, married me, made babies with ME! I get that he is your prized possession, but wtf are you doing trying to stand next to him like you're his spouse? Back TF off! The first few photos taken of our group were super awkward because I was basically standing behind them. Eye roll. 
  • Options
    @jsnakehole If she didn’t make a poster, I’d mark the assignment as missing since the parents didn’t follow the instructions given. 

Also, these parents have to be certifiably insane. I have a 1st grader who does well in school, although he’s not in any gifted program. I don’t think they even offer gifted in 1st grade here. I’d rather shoot myself in the foot than spend the hours with him writing a 5-page paper. How does this girl not hate her parents? 
  • Options
    I like going to PT conferences. But I think one a year is sufficient. Outside of that if we need to talk, we can schedule something, even a phone call. But I like the opportunity for one on one because there isn’t always an opportunity for that at open house or other gatherings. 
  • Options
    I may be an anomaly, but as a parent I loved parent - teacher conferences. Sure, I can email and set up an appointment, but I usually didn't have any specific concerns. I just want to know what you're covering, how you're covering it, and how my kid is doing in your class. Sure I talk to my kid, but he is an unreliable narrator at best. I hate being that mom who constantly emails just to check in and waste your time, so conferences were the best time for me to get a chance to meet you and get updates. I also found my kids' teachers to be very hit or miss with responding to email. Some were great, while others... not. 
    Not at all! I love PT conferences when the parents actually show! But when they are this poorly attended, it is very frustrating! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsbubbles-2 you're not being a downer! This is the WTF thread, after all. Sorry to hear the job fell through. It always seems like everything has a way of working out even if we don't like the timing. Thinking of you guys!

@scottishlash1213 I have one of those, too. Self awareness, what? Also, I don't know if I am close enough to anyone at work to complain about butt pain. LOL. 

@mozartsmuse Sorry you have to sit and wait so long! Hope everything turns out ok. 

My WTF Wednesday is my MIL. She reallly pissed me off last night. DH is an only child so she is far up his butt anyway, but last night DH was given an award at city council and she tried to stand beside him when they called his family up with him. Lady, I am his wife! He CHOSE me, married me, made babies with ME! I get that he is your prized possession, but wtf are you doing trying to stand next to him like you're his spouse? Back TF off! The first few photos taken of our group were super awkward because I was basically standing behind them. Eye roll. 
    That’s on your DH if he didn’t pull you to his side 
  • Options
    @mozartsmuse oh he did. It was just embarrassing because we were in front of a ton of people. My husband always takes me side over his mom's, but she likes to pretend she is his number 1. 
  • Options
    WTF to my anxiety. FFS. Just because extenuating circumstances are probably what led to last week's weird almost passing out episode, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to drive to my doctor's appointment today. I've struggled with anxiety in the car for years and it's been progressively getting better, and it has been a very rare occurrence in the last year or two. But now, it's all smacking me in the face with its absurdity and I feel like I've taken 5 steps back. 
  • Options
    hoodwink89hoodwink89 member
    edited February 2018
    @missybutler94 when I had to take it with DD they had me eat 28 Brachs jelly beans because I was allergic to the drink. I will never eat one of those jelly beans again! It sounded really great at first but after the first 10 I wanted to hurl. I really dislike having diabetes but glad I don't have to do that again.

Mine this week is my hubby had to cancel our weekend plans because he has a last minute trip for work. And I mean they told him yesterday around 3pm that he was leaving on Thursday and won't be back until late Friday night. We were supposed to visit my Dad who lives 3 hours away and I am not sure I want to drive/ride with a car sick kid for 6 hours round trip for one night. Plus I only get every third weekend off so I am super bummed.
  • Options
    It gets better- I took a closer look at her poster and one or Lincoln's many accomplishments was his progressive tax code! Totally what a first grader thinks of. I'm asking her to redo it. Her parents are going to flip. 
    Omg. They are hot messes. 
  • Options
    It gets better- I took a closer look at her poster and one or Lincoln's many accomplishments was his progressive tax code! Totally what a first grader thinks of. I'm asking her to redo it. Her parents are going to flip. 
    And right you are too! That's bloody ridiculous! Poor kid. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amac12999 Thanks for responding, and you're right, it is horrible to deal with. Especially when everything is a drive, it's a 10 minute drive just to go to town. heh

When I realized anti-anxiety meds just made me feel worse off and didn't solve the underlying cause of the anxiety...I just got in the car and would drive, making myself tool around for 30-45 mins, then come home...but I'd go a little further each time. Eventually it re-trained my brain into realizing it's not going to die if I leave the house.

But I took an alternate route down to the hospital today, instead of opting for the speedy and quiet back roads, I stuck to the main 4-lane highway with traffic and traffic lights. It was just enough of a distraction that I wasn't overwhelmed in my own head. 
  • Options
    @hardlyhannah  I know!  I'm 17 weeks so in my head I feel like next week is halfway-ish for me because I had DS at 37 weeks so I am using that as my endpoint.  However, saying that now I will probably go to 40 weeks hahaha
  • Options
    I was calculating my halfway mark in the car this morning! 19 weeks for me - they'll induce between 38-29 weeks. Holy crap it's crazy to be so close to halfway!

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh @mrsbubbles-2 that sucks and is super stressful, I’m sorry! 

My wtf is for chipotle. I was craving it and stopped for lunch after DS’ dr appointment this afternoon. Now if I’m willing to take him out of his seat to bring him inside when it’s only for a minute then strap him back in, it better be good. Got home and it was awful. Hard rice and beans, no flavor, brown-ish guac, just ugh. It was so disappointing. 
  • Options
    @neeraja_k that’s exactly what I did. Just get in my car and drove! I also have to take certain ways if I feel anxious about something and I’ve found music and podcasts really help me. So glad you made it. 
  • Options
    I realized my halfway point, if I go by DS, would be about 18w4d. That’s less than 2 weeks away for me. That seems crazy. We have so much to do... Gut & remodel the spare bedroom for DS, update DS’s room a bit for this baby, get the stuff we didn’t save from DS, get it all set up, clean out the attic to find everything we did save from DS. 
  • Options
    WTF town? The city utilities people decided it would be a great idea to send the street sweeper around at 9pm. It’s a loud, obnoxious piece of machinery that beeps, flashes yellow & red lights, and moves at 2mph while it brushes the grit off the edges of the road. I can hear & see it through my curtains while I’m laying in bed. The city noise curfew is 9pm... wtf?