Meal Plan Monday

What's on the menu this week ladies??

Meagan
<3 Married 6.12.10 <3
DS 11.8.12
 Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18

Re: Meal Plan Monday

• Sunday-Zucchini/vegetable lasagna, spinach salad, 4 cheese garlic bread
    Monday-Baked chicken, oven roasted veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) and cous cous
    Tuesday-I have book club but I made extra sauce when I made the lasagna yesterday so my husband will make spaghetti squash spaghetti for him and DS
    Wednesday-Pork cutlets with garlic mushrooms, white rice, and peas
    Thursday-Either slow cooker salsa chicken or ham and cheese sliders with tator tots
    Friday-Pizza
    Saturday-We have Monster Jam tickets so we will have dinner out :)

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • I always wonder how you buy just the right amount of groceries so you can have a different meal every evening. I feel like I can only make two different meals for the week because otherwise I have a ton of left overs. Maybe go to the meat counter and special order rather than buying prepackaged meats? But a head of cauliflower and a bunch of carrots is a lot for one meal. Even a bag of spinach would not be finished in one meal for our family. @stlmegs any tips?
  • Loading the player...
  • Both my husband and I take leftovers from dinner for lunch everyday.  So that helps to use everything up.  I also usually eat a small spinach salad at least once a day-either for a snack or to go along with leftovers at lunch.  We also eat leftovers on the weekends for lunch, and will freeze things sometimes in individual containers for lunches later on (kind of like a lean cuisine or something similar).  Hope that helps!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Monday- mahi mahi tacos
    Tuesday- grilled chicken wraps with tzatziki
    Wednesday- one pan roasted sweet potatoes, veggies and spicy chicken sausage
    Thursday- chicken and beet salad with something on the side, maybe mini quesadillas, unless I'm sick of cooking by then which given my lazy mood I might be in which case probably take out burritos or burgers, f it. 
    Fridays and Saturdays we go out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @stlmegs thanks! It occurred to me after I posted that DH doesn’t like to eat what I eat and prefers to make his own stuff. It would help a lot if he ate the same thing. Maybe one day it will be a joint effort...sigh. 
  • @chaser61 Yeah, that would definitely make it more difficult!  We do dinner as a family every night so there is definitely a degree of compromise there (sometimes he eats veggies he doesn't love, and sometimes I eat tator tots lol)

@runsomewhere totally stole your sheet pan sausage and veggie idea for next week. I always forget about that but it's such a great dinner!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • chaser61 & stlmegs  my husband and I take the leftovers for lunch too!  So easy no extra meal prep.

Breakfast:
    -Home made muffins (blueberry this week!)
    - Special K Almond Vanilla Cereal
    - Mutligrain Bagel w/veggie cream cheese (or peanut butter)
    - Fruit & Yogurt

Lunches/Dinners
    Monday- Salmon, green beans and brown rice
    Tuesday- Chicken (mushroom for me) fajitas
    Wednesday- Brown Sugar & Garlic Pork Loin with Broccoli and rice pilaf
    Thursday- Beet Salad (w/chicken for DH and extra chia seeds for me)
    Friday- Homemade pizza

Snacks Include: (I am a HUGEEEE snacker at work)
    - Peanut Butter Oat Chocolate Chip Protein Balls (awesome for an afternoon pick me up)
    - Veggies and Dip
    - Fruit and Coconut Water home made Popsicle

Dessert:
    - Crescent Rolls with Chocolate Chips
  • I actually made a plan for this week - I'm so excited!!

Monday - Breakfast for dinner (sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles or pancakes)
    Tuesday - Tator Tot Hotdish (prepping tonight since I have a meeting tomorrow, this is easy meal for DH to heat)
    Wednesday - Leftovers
    Thursday - Bible study night and our turn to cook so homemade tacos
    Friday - Soup and sandwiches (Grilled cheese and tomato for me and DH, same but chicken noodle for kiddos. No meat on Fridays!)
    Weekend - DH and kiddos on their own Saturday, I have dinner out plans that night!

• We ate out way too much last week, so we did some meal prep yesterday and will keep it pretty simple. Mostly sweet potato, broccoli and a lean protein for all dinners this week except tonight because I already prepped lamb burgers and I have a heavy workout so the fattier protein will be ok. Lunches are almost always salads with whatever protein is left over from the night before.

@babygagnon2018 PB protein balls sound really good, do you make those or do you buy them somewhere?
  • @babygagnon2018 I was going to ask the same question.  I normally don't have much of a sweet tooth but this baby has me craving chocolate and peanut butter pretty constantly.  Thinking I need to make some of these!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • All of these meal plans sounds so good! I love to cook healthy meals, but since getting pregnant and being almost useless for the first trimester, to my husband having 6 weeks straight of traveling in January/February, I haven't really cooked anything good or interesting. This week we've got lots of leftovers from the weekend. Hopefully by the end of the week/next week I can get back on the cooking train..before the third trimester tiredness kicks back in!
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• M- shepherd’s pie
    T- chicken tenders and Mac and cheese (maybe a salad?)
    w- hamburger soup(DS’s special request for his birthday) 
    R- stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread
    F- Parmesan crusted tilapia with tomato cream sauce, salad, rice 
    S- pizza
  • Just here for the ideas bc I am a terrible meal planner lol
    All I know is today we are having leftover turkey dinner (I didn't even cook it, my mom did and sent us home with leftovers yesterday  :D)
    But @babygagnon2018 I'm also gonna need that PB Choc Protein ball recipe/brand. 
  • @moguippy I definitely lurk this post every week lol I occasionally meal plan, but most of the time I wing it so I like to see what others post!
  • @hillbillywife I just googled what shepherd's pie is and now I need to make it for our next rainy, gloomy day, it sounds go good and satisfying. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runsomewhere it’s a nice low key meal. I think everyone has their own version too. Mine is super simple: ground beef and diced onions on the bottom (I’ve started adding a packet of brown gravy mix too because we like it moi... not dry) canned green beans in the middle and mashed potatoes on top. 

My my son hated it last night but he hates everything lol. 
  • My plan is no plan sadly. I'm so lazy after a 3 day weekend and traveling. Getting a batch of groceries from Amazon and probably make a batch of veggie soup to make sure I have my greens, especially with my lunches!

Some ideas:
    -chicken pineapple meatballs with broccoli and rice
    -lentil harissa soup (a staple at this point)
    -red beans and rice (not a fan but DH loves it and makes it himself so can't complain) 
    -pad Thai, probably made with the "miracle noodles" aka lighter low carb ones

This should hold us over until the weekend and then I'll try to be good and not eat out all the time :p

• Monday (Yesterday) - Grilled Chicken with Steamed Broccoli and Garlic Bread
    Tuesday (Today) - Spaghetti
    Wednesday-  Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwiches w/ Lettuce, Tomato and Garlic Aioli on Naan Bread, Peas and/or Green Beans
    Thursday- Hamburgers
    Friday -  Rotisserie Chicken w/ Steamed Veggies
    Weekends -  Pizza and Leftovers
  • edited February 2018
    moguippy, @stlmegs @noideawhatshesdoing

I make them myself! They are so easy and so good!

Recipe:  (makes about 20 small balls, I eat 4 a day in the afternoon to last me all work week)
    Sometimes I put the flax seed in and sometimes I don't.  Not a fan of it but I know its good for the digestive system (especially now!)

INGREDIENTS

• ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
    • ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    • 1 cup old fashioned oats
    • ½ cup ground flax seeds
    • 2 tablespoons honey

INSTRUCTIONS

1. In a medium bowl add the oats.  Pour the honey on top and then peanut butter. Stir to combine. 
    2. Once combined add the flax seed and chocolate chips.  Stir to combine.
    3. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll.
    4. Roll into 12 large bites or 20 smaller bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.
    5. If you don't eat them within the week (which I don't know how that is even possible!  You can freeze them!)

NUTRITION INFORMATION

• Serving size: 1 (large ball)
    • Calories: 185
    • Saturated fat: 2.2 g
    • Carbohydrates: 17.6 g
    • Sugar: 6.1 g
    • Sodium: 69 mg
    • Fiber: 3.6 g
    • Protein: 6.3 g
    *edited to add nutrition info
  • You ladies inspired me! After leftovers tacos/burritos Sunday night, leftover pizza Monday night, leftover burritos last night, I'm going to make a turkey meatball and pasta soup tonight. Apparently storm of the year is rolling in tonight in northern California (heavy rains/wind) and this will last a few nights.
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• @rachelsogo sounds like perfect soup weather!  Stay safe!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18