1st Trimester

Evening cramping

Hi all, I think I am about 7 weeks right now (my first appt. is Friday and my periods are not regular so I’ve been guessing a bit). Is anyone else experiencing evening cramping when they sleep? The last few days I have had cramps that wake me up at night, followed by using the bathroom
(not diarrhea, but loose stool, sorry if TMI). There is no blood and has not been at all. Right now, I’m not sure if this is something I am eating or my food trying to digest or something to do with my prenatal or fish oil I take after dinner. Any thoughts or suggestions, I’d love to hear! Thank you. 

Re: Evening cramping

• Yep. That was me for a solid two weeks when I was in the first trimester.
    For me, it was just normal hormonal shifts, and my body changing it's digestive practices and going crazy in the process.

However, if you're concerned, consult your physician.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Thanks for the response! Feels so much better to know your not alone. Did you think your reactions had anything to do with your prenatal (maybe the iron?) or just hormonal/digestive changes? 
  • Loading the player...
  • With my first pregnancy this happened to me a lot.  My doctor told me I needed to drink more water (a lot more water), and it helped.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • Thanks for the response! Feels so much better to know your not alone. Did you think your reactions had anything to do with your prenatal (maybe the iron?) or just hormonal/digestive changes? 
    I blame my solely on hormonal/digestive changes. I went from having more soft/loose stools to constipated, to soft stools and back to constipated. Mine was facilitated by taking Zofran to handle my nausea and vomiting as well.

As PP said - water may help. But I wouldn't bank on it, if it's a digestive issue. I drank enough water to fill the sink some days and I still had digestive changes/issues regardless of my water intake. *shrug*

As I said; if you're concerned - contact your physician.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• annaneastmanannaneastman member
    edited February 2018
    I have also been drinking a TON of water some days, but I will keep this in mind for sure, thanks!

Last night I skipped my prenatal and no cramping at all. I had a feeling it may be my body reacting to the iron (based on when they occurred). I am going to take it tonight and see how I feel, but I’m thinking I may need a new prenatal. Right now I’m taking the rainbow light brand.