October 2018 Moms

1st week of October DD check-in (week of 2/26)

Hello Mamas!

How are you doing?

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds?

Any questions or concerns?
BabyFruit Ticker  

Re: 1st week of October DD check-in (week of 2/26)

• How are you doing?
    Ups and downs—had some more energy the last day or two and anxiety has subsided a bit since seeing everything where it should be and hearing the heartbeat. Still exhausted though. 

Had first US on Friday. Can’t believe the wait is so long for the next appt. Trying to figure out how to keep it together that !

Any questions or concerns

I’m signed up for a half marathon at the end of March (2nd trimester!) My OB says safe to run it (I’ve done them before) but I’m feeling so sluggish and exhausted it’s hard to feel like that will be possible. Anyone done that before? Tips for staying energized and motivated to work out?
  • Loading the player...
  • How are you doing?

Cranky.  Some days I feel normal, other nauseous.  Today is nauseous.  Thankfully that doesn’t include throwing up, but I am not discounting that as a future possibility.  

Also, ginger candies taste like fish to me, which really doesn’t help.  

I visited my first day care center today, and while I can’t say that I am in love, I am somewhat less panicky about it.  I’m visiting another one tomorrow amd trying to decide whether to try to call a third one again since they never returned my initial call.  (They are directly on my way to work and suggested by an acquaintance, or I would totally mark them off the list.)

As for doctors... I’m going in on March 13 for a genetics consultation, but my next appointment with my OB isn’t until March 23- to which I say pout. Like @rc-cola, I’m trying to keep it together until then.  I’m so envious of everyone who is already getting ultrasounds amd hearing heart beats!

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

• How are you doing?  Good.  Nausea comes and goes, I have good days and bad days but most of the time completely exhausted 

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds?  We had our second u/s today and things look perfect!  HB of 174.  We're so relieved!   

Any questions or concerns? Nope! 
  • How are you doing?

Pretty good.  Low-level nausea all the time but definitely manegable and not actually getting sick. My patience isn’t great normally and it’s like non-existent since getting pregnant. My poor kids :(

Just had our first ultrasound yesterday and baby looked perfect! Still can’t believe we’re having a third, but we’ve told a few close friends and family members since seeing the baby. It definitely makes it more real and more exciting when people are celebrating with you. 

Not right now!
  • mwmiller4mwmiller4 member
    edited February 2018
    **TW** the whole thing  :s

How are you doing? Ughhhhh

Just went in for our follow up. Embryo measuring 6w5d now but heart rate was only 89. Ultrasound next Friday which will most likely confirm the loss. 

Any questions or concerns?  Not really. I’m so sad and I feel like a failure which I know is irrational—yet here we are  :s 
  • How are you doing? Ugh! Is it the 2nd tri yet? So nauseous, tired of getting sick. Tired in general. Is it Friday?

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? Nothing this week. I do have to get my blood drawn for my endo on the 1st, but that’s boring.

Any questions or concerns? My only concern is that I’m more anxious this time around. Not really even my thoughts. I just feel psychically anxious. It’s probably because I’m stressed and exhausted, but I’ve have enough. I need to rest and recoup. 

Also, pretty sure Im letting two year old watch way too much paw patrol. 

@mwmiller4 I am sorry you’re going through this!
  • @mwmiller4 so sorry to hear! When I went for dating at like 6w3d the HR was 112 and the midwife told me the heart rate is lower in the beginning as their heart recently started beating. Hope that is all it is!

How are you doing?

Good. Sense of smell has been sensitive but it went into overdrive yesterday and is still around today. 

Nothing going on for a while. Did have an appointment yesterday and we were supposed to hear a heartbeat but that didn't happen as they never thought to reschedule my appointment after they did my dating u/s that made me due 10/7 vs 10/1 so not as far along. Frustrating as dh took off some time from work to join. At least he got to meet the midwife!  Scheduled the 20 week u/s as we wanted an evening slot so my Dr out the order in so I could get it on the calendar! :) 

Nope! :smile:
  • 1. I’m doing pretty well. I can’t complain. 

2. No appointments or Ultrasounds this week. My next appointment is next Friday (10w, 4d).

3. I’m getting anxious to share the news with someone! I’m 9 weeks 1 day and while it’s fun to keep the secret with DH, I’m ready to tell someone!

I have some serious family stuff going on right now with a grandparent nearing end of life and I kind of want to share the news but still want to wait a little longer to share with the rest of the family so I’m struggling with that a little.
  • How are you doing? I’m too grumpy. I don’t like it. I find myself getting upset about dumb things. I try to blame it on hormones but I’m starting to think it’s more from the exhaustion. 

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? Nothing until March 12. 

Any questions or concerns? A lot of the stories about babies measuring small and no heartbeat being found are giving me anxiety about my appointment being so late in the first trimester, but I’m trying to think positively. 
  • meltonjl said:
    A lot of the stories about babies measuring small and no heartbeat being found are giving me anxiety about my appointment being so late in the first trimester, but I’m trying to think positively. 
    Same here.  I don’t go in for my next OB appt until 3/23, and I’m just trying to keep my head straight. 
  • @mwmiller4, I'll be sending my thoughts your way in hopes that you get good news at the next appointment.  I'm sorry you have to deal with this. 

How are you doing? I’m fine.  Tired, nauseous sometimes, but I have absolutely no real complaints.

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? Nada, next appointment is next week. 

Any questions or concerns? Nope, not yet.  It's a boring week in my world, which honestly is all that I can ask for at this point.

• How are you doing?

So sick. Like so so sick. I barely make it through the work week. My husband is doing everything around the house . 

Nothing going on this week. 

I just feel like a shitty mom. I didn’t even see my son after work yesterday because I was in bed trying to not vomit everywhere. I’m feeling a little better today so that’s a Small win. I just hate not having. Any control of how I’m feeling 
  • @mwmiller4 ((hugs))

How are you doing?
    Not bad. Feeling slightly less exhausted, but if I go slightly too long between snacks the naseua hits in full force. My students are now mad I won’t share snacks. Whatever. 

2nd u/s (1st with midwives) on Thursday! Feeling nervous and hopeful and all the things. 

How the heck do you balance your job with the exhaustion with the looking at maternity leave details, finding daycares, etc? Is there a cheat sheet of must-do items somewhere? 
  • halfanewt said:
    How the heck do you balance your job with the exhaustion with the looking at maternity leave details, finding daycares, etc? Is there a cheat sheet of must-do items somewhere? 
    A couple of my apps have to-do checklists.  However, I feel like they are all lacking.  I don’t think any of them said to start looking at day care, but I am super glad I thought of it early. 

Beyond that - prioritize stuff. I make checklists and spreadsheets, and as I think of things that I might need to do, I add them to the checklist and try to research how other parents do it.  Which is really frustrating for my current research, because, well, finances are unique to the individual, and everyone just says “figure it out.”

Also be kind to yourself. If you need to sit on the couch all night, or curl up in bed, then do that.  Ask your partner to pick up the slack.  After all, he shares 50% responsibility for what’s going on- and he isn’t the one dealing with the morning sickness. 
  • @mwmiller4 Going through that sucks, I'm so sorry

I'm feeling like a bad mom too.  I'm so short tempered and impatient.
  • @knottieamusements great idea! I use checklists all the time, don’t know why I didn’t start one for this :)
    MH has been super supportive and taken on most of the cooking, which is awesome. He’s also way too excited about figuring out what works for MS. I’ll get him on the checklist bandwagon, too. 
  • Hi everyone!

How are you doing? Definitely sicker this week than last, which has been a blast, and just as tired. Work has been tough at times but so far I am managing and DH has been very sweet and helpful. I'm hopeful that the worsening symptoms might mean things are going well with the little bean but I know it might not mean anything at all. I still am worried about what's going on, of course, but overall I am doing okay.

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? Ultrasound got pushed up to next Monday first thing in the morning, so we will see if any growth has happened. I'm in the "hope for the best, expect the worst" mindset at this point.

Any questions or concerns? Nothing today.

@mwmiller4 Hugs to you friend.  <3 
  • @mwmiller4 and @diaphena sending positive thoughts and love to you both. All this waiting for appointments can feel so long and makes it hard not to worry. Hoping that all is well ❤️
  • How are you doing?
    Same old nausea and exhaustion...I just keep counting on it disappearing in another month or so. Optimistic, maybe, but it gives me a light at the end of the tunnel. ;)

My first OB appointment and ultrasound is March 20 (just the bedside US, but enough to see something)

Not at this point 
  • How are you doing? Good overall, but tired of being tired and sick. I feel like I have zero motivation to do anything besides the bare minimum. So. Tired. 

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? Had an OB workup today but nothing fun. Pap smear and a million tubes of blood drawn. 3 weeks til my next scan, tough adjustment being back on the “normal” schedule and not having the luxury of scans every week like last time. 

Any questions or concerns? Just can’t wait to be out of the first trimester to start feeling better and be able to tell people. I have so many weddings and trips I’m expected to attend next summer and I hate not being able to be up front with the planning right now.
  • How are you doing? Still feeling very nauseous and tired. Boobs feel much better. Slight cramping but I think it's stretching of my ute. 

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? Had appt yesterday and all was looking well. Got myself a 9+2 babe in there and an official due date of Oct 1. 

Any questions or concerns? No questions or concerns at this point. I have another appt on March 27 and will do more blood work. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• How are you doing?
    Had a good few days of being able to stay up till my usual bedtime. But then today I napped twice and I'm ready for another.

Had a nurses visit and blood work done but that's it. Scheduled my first u/s. Yay.

Nopee

• cvv1030cvv1030 member
    edited March 2018
    How are you doing?
    The morning sickness has kicked my butt for two weeks now, but today was the first day I didn't feel terrible! I am snacking a little differently starting as soon as I wake up, so this may be helping. Still feeling nausea on and off, sore boobs at their worst in the morning and wanting to nap all day! Oh, and my smeller is in hyperdrive. 
    We had our first appointment and ultrasound on Feb. 27. 179bpm and heard baby's heartbeat for the first time, such an incredible moment. Our little sesame seed has graduated to jelly bean! Very excited for the next 3 weeks, almost there to our big 12 week mark. Our due date given is Oct. 6.

• How are you doing? I'm still slightly nauseated throughout the day, but it's finally starting to improve. Also, I'm incredibly bloated, gassy, and tired.

Anything going on this week in the world o' baby? Appointments? Ultrasounds? I have my monthly appt with the OB tomorrow.

Any questions or concerns? No real concerns this week.