October 2018 Moms

Second Week of October (8th-14th) Check in 2/26

One of our weeks hasn't been started in a while so I hope it's ok I start this one!

When are you due?

How are you feeling?

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?

Any questions or concerns?

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency)

Re: Second Week of October (8th-14th) Check in 2/26

• When are you due? 10/8

How are you feeling? Anxious. I have had 2 ultrasounds so far and have another next week, but I still feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Damn you PAIF brain!

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Next BW and ultrasound is next Tuesday

Any questions or concerns? When does everyone plan on announcing? since I was so open and public about my IVF journey, it seems weird to wait until 12+ weeks (all this noise from me and then 2 months of radio silence? Its weird...), so I am thinking this week, but then I am so scared that even though we saw a beautiful heartbeat both times that something has happened. 

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency)

One time I slapped a guy in a club. I was dancing with some friends in college and a guy grabbed my ass and I straight up turned around and slapped him as hard as I could. He was then literally laughed out of the club.
  • When are you due? Oct 11

How are you feeling? Awful. I had the flu over the wknd. So. much. vomitting. I'm also anxious for my first US this week, praying everything is OK in there!

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First US is on Wednesday. Excited/nervous! 8 wk appt on Thursday.

Any questions or concerns? Nope. @kiwi2628 I'll probably announce closer to 14 weeks just because my sister is due early April and I don't want to look like I'm stealing her moment! I say announce whenever you feel comfortable. I've had friends announce as early as 6 wks.

I have a similar story. Once at a club in my early 20s a guy called me a c*nt and i straight up punched his ass in the face. My hand killed. Have never done anything like that before. I was probably a bit drunk lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kiwi2628 Announce when you feel comfortable. While I’ve told my 2 closest friends I haven’t told my parents or anyone in a public form. I don’t plan on officially announcing anything since most people frown upon larger families. We are planning on surprising DH’s parents. They have been teaching in China since August and when they come back to the states this summer we will be there waiting. No way to hide a 25 week belly by then. 

When are you due? October 14th but will be a RSC. 

How are you feeling?  MS is my best friend. I was able to go for a short run today and worked out after getting everyone out the door and I swear I almost feel normal. It’s amazing. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?  My next appointment and first ultrasound is March 7th. I am anxiously (impatiently) waiting. I keep wanting to make some excuse to get in sooner but I know that I don’t have a need. I just want to see my baby. 

Any questions or concerns?  I’m terrified I’m not drinking enough water. I cannot stomach water. At all.  I’ve been getting by with sparkling ice, Gatorade and Diet Coke but would like to be able to drink just plain water. Nothing fruity, flavored, or filled with empty sugars. 

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency). I became a mom at 19 so didn’t really have much bada** time I’m my life. 

• When are you due? Oct 11th EDD

How are you feeling? Nausea finally hit, but it's been really mild so far. And otherwise very tired. But mostly good.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Thursday FINALLY!! 

Any questions or concerns? Not really, just anxious for first appointment. We've been waiting to tell family until after the first appointment, then everyone else after first tri. This will be the first grandkid for my husband's side though, so I'm worried they will tell everyone. We'll see how comfortable I feel after the appointment.

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada**: Uhhh, I'm really not much of one. (I've never punched anyone in a club, but I do have a really badass best friend who I was never afraid to go out with. She was like my body guard.) I guess just passing my Professional Engineering exam and becoming licensed. That was rough and so f-ing glad I never have to do that again. 
  • When are you due? 10/8/

How are you feeling? Pretty good. I do run out of steam at about 7pm but other than that, my symptoms have been mild. Very little nausea. Boobs still store but that only bothers me when my cats walk on them. Which of course they love to do.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I have my first appointment at the OB on Wednesday the 28th. I don't really know what to expect - if they'll just check for heartbeat or do the full US. Either way, I'm excited. :)

Any questions or concerns? I am feeling so consumed by all the prep I need to do before baby arrives and since no one close to me knows I'm pregnant I feel very isolated and alone.

@kiwi2628 I haven't really shared the news with anyone except the need-to-know professionals (like my esthetician cause I had really dry skin right away and needed her help) and a waitress at a bar we regularly go to. The server was like "No beer? Are you pregnant? Don't lie to me - there's a baby in there!" She got very excited for us but then I had to tell her to keep it quiet as we hadn't told the rest of our trivia team yet. That's really just my sister and hubby's best friend and we got them some cute "promoted to aunt" gifts I am waiting on before we announce. I am looking forward to telling them within the next 2 weeks and our family in the 2 weeks after that probably. Then we can start telling our "outer-circle" friends and our bosses so we can plan for parental leaves.

Hmmm I dunno, I think mothers do some pretty amazing bada** things for their kids. My mom SERIOUSLY lost ot on some young men who got upset with my sister at a park when she picked up and threw their golf ball back to them back in the day. :)

I'm a pretty quiet and mild person for the most part. I don't really get riled up easily although I sure did when I was very young my parents taught me how to handle my anger very early so it just doesn't happen much. I mostly just leave situations like those the other ladies mentioned in the club after some pretty choice words.

However, I did manage to get my bachelor's degree while working full time and that was a lot of work and hard effort!
  • When are you due? 10/9... same as with DS!

How are you feeling? More and more exhausted every day

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Just had my third (and final until anatomy) scan last week. OB intake with the nurse is tomorrow and first apt with the doctor is 3/13

Any questions or concerns? I've had so many losses, I just kind of go with the flow now. So no, for once.

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency)  I'll come back to this one. Lol

@kiwi2628 Announce whenever you're comfortable! I announced at 7 weeks. That's what I wanted and I'm comfortable dealing with anything that may come up. Totally up to you.

@mesamyt Being a mom is totally badass. Stepping up to do it at 19, even more so. My husband had his first at 19 as well.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• When are you due? Oct 13th!

How are you feeling? MS is a little less than last week (yay!) but the heartburn is craaaazy. Overall, I'm just really excited and happy.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? My next apt for bloodwork and U/S is March 23rd (at 11 weeks). I can't wait to see the growth of our baby :)

Any questions or concerns? How and when do you plan on telling your boss? I work for a major corporation, we're pretty formal, we have maternity processes in place, I'm sure my boss will be happy for me and I don't anticipate any problems, so I really am more unsure of the right "way" to tell her. She also sits in a different state so it's likely going to have to be over the phone unless I can get some face time during an occasional trip she takes to my site.  Do I set up a meeting and tell her I'm pregnant? Do I tell her I'm not coming back to work afterwards or hold off on that until later (my job is a rotational assignment that's over a few months after I give birth so I was going to have to leave anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge deal regardless).

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency): I felt really badass when I won a World Championship title in Taekwondo. While I "retired" and stopped competing and training a few years ago due to injuries, I did it for 17 years, won 30+ State Championship titles and 2 World Championship titles, and am very proud of my accomplishments. It was always a male-dominated sport (especially the first 10 years) but I loved it, and I want to show my kids that you do what you want, you play what you want, and you don't avoid something that you love because it's male or female dominated and you're the opposite. 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• sarahzett said:

Do I tell her I'm not coming back to work afterwards or hold off on that until later (my job is a rotational assignment that's over a few months after I give birth so I was going to have to leave anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge deal regardless).
    I’m not sure if you are in the US, and if so, whether your company is covered by FMLA. If so, please take some time to do your research before telling your boss you won’t be back.  My understanding is that your benefits under FMLA are radically different (as in virtually non-existent) if you don’t return to work.  

*back to lurking*
  • @kiwi2628 I agree with @mesamyt - announce when you're comfortable and feel ready to share the news. I told my best friend (we went out for happy hour, she knows we've been trying and she asks/we talk about it every time we see each other haha, so it would have been impossible to hide from her) but I haven't told my parents, my in-laws or anyone else yet. I plan to wait until the 12 week mark when I feel more confident that everything is going well. Plus I want to enjoy a little bit of time of basking in the excitement with my husband before going public and all the inevitable questions, belly touching, and unwanted advice that I know will follow from there on haha. I'm excited to tell everyone but I think I'll be happy I chose to give myself 12 weeks of peace first lol.

• When are you due? Oct 10

How are you feeling? Ugh... the nausea is present almost all day, every day. I usually get a few hours relief in the evening, at least. My breasts are so sore, they hurt when I roll over in bed (and I'm sleeping in a sports bra). Plus, I get tired so early, I'm lucky if I make it to 9 pm before I'm in bed.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Today! We got to see the heartbeat (which was such a relief - I kept worrying that something would have happened and it stopped growing), and got our revised due date. 

Any questions or concerns? For now, nothing

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency) Hmm... I'm not really sure. I guess hopping on a plane and moving to Asia the day I graduated from university?

@kiwi2628 I think it's okay to share any time now, especially since you've seen the heartbeat. Besides, having been so open about your journey, even if the worst happened, I feel like you'd be open about that too.
  • @sarahzett - if you're in the US, they can't do anything to you if you tell them you're pregnant and not coming back. (I work in HR) FMLA only guarantees your job if you come back within 12 weeks. However, youd have a law suit on your hands if they let you go early before then knowing you're pregnant. Most companies appreciate the lead time, as they may want to find a replacement for you prior to you leaving so you can help train. It's up to you though, I'd consider talking to your local HR person.

EDD: 10/12
    My first appt is Wednesday and I'm so anxious. I wont get an u/s, but I'll get blood work done.

We are telling our parents and my SS this weekend and I'm so excited. I feel bad because I've told a lot of friends already. Our main reason for holding off on our parents is due to DH's past loss with his ex. I figure friends will handle loss better than family.
  • When are you due? The 11th

How are you feeling? Exhausted

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Thursday at 1:30 pm CST

Any questions or concerns? I'm so nervous that something is wrong. I need Thursday to get here stat. 

GTKY: Ummm..... I don't consider myself a badass at all. My first tattoo was on my back/spine and it hurt like a MFer. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • When are you due? 10/13 EDD

How are you feeling? Tired and a little stressed

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First appointment is 10/8 ultrasound first then visit with doctor 

Any questions or concerns? I’m trying not to think about it but I’ve had 2 precious miscarriages. This is my 3rd pregnancy. I’m just hoping everything goes well. One day I have symptoms and the next I won’t. 

I was in 6th grade and my best friend was a guy. There were a bunch of us who hung out by “the tree” at recess which was pretty much a huge oak tree we sat at and talked. Another guy called my best friend out for being adopted and nobody knew it (not even me at the time) and I grabbed him by his shirt threw him against the tree and punched him in the face. His dad is now married to my cousin and it gets brought up quite often. Lol. 
  • When are you due? Oct 14

How are you feeling? Tired and nauseated

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Ultrasound on Thursday, looking forward to it!

Any questions or concerns? Not right now

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** 
    I honestly can’t think of anything right now, but I’m working a night shift and my brain is only semi-functional. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When are you due? October 12th

How are you feeling? Nausea hit me for the first time yesterday. Generally I'm tired and go to bed by 9pm every night. My boobs are so sore and nipples are so large! I'm glad the gas/ bloating has subsided. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I had one yesterday and will again in two weeks, then on April 4th will be the NT scan. I'm still at the fertility clinic so I'm being closely monitored which is nice as I get to see my blob grow!

Any questions or concerns? worried about being very pregnant in the summer. I already sweat a lot and generally find it uncomfortable!

I have many stories to tell because I was a bada** as a teenager since I moved out when I was 16. I think my favourite part is I still went to college and got an education and grew up to be a pretty responsible adult considering my teenager years could of lead me astray! 
    I also agree that being a mom there is bound to be some pretty bada** moments. I'm excited to see those through!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited February 2018

When are you due? October 13th!

How are you feeling? Ok, I get sick every morning and then it's a race to eat enough food throughout the day to not feel sick again. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I had one today! Baby was measuring 7w5d (so 2 days "older" than lmp) saw a heartbeat. Also found out why I feel so sick. Apparently my progesterone is at the level of a twin pregnancy, so my dr spent a good while making sure there wasn't another one in there, but he confirmed it's just a singleton!

Any questions or concerns? Nope 

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency) when DD was born her bloodwork came back with an issue. So I had to go to the pediatrician and back to the hospital with my 3 day old and 23 month old by myself. I felt pretty badass for being able to pull it off. Trail by fire lol. 

ETA: thankfully it was a false positive! But was scary at the time! 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • When are you due? 10/12

How are you feeling?
    I had to start taking meds for morning sickness since I was having trouble even keeping water down. Hips are hurting.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?
    Next appointment is 03/07 for a colposcopy, then 03/12 for an U/S

Any questions or concerns?

GTKY: Tell me about one time when you were a total bada** (knowing that as a mom, such things may happen with less frequency) I don't know. Maybe getting staples in my head with no numbing, didn't flinch.
    Me: 25 | DH: 34
    Married since 2010, TTC since Dec 2013
    Dx: PCOS
  • hi there...im due october 14th with our rainbow baby! with that being said im feeling nervouse and excited...along with sleepy, nausouse at night and the tempature is never satisfying (either freezing or hot). My first appt was last week on wed. and my 2nd appt where we have an ultra sound is march 14th and it cant get here fast enough. my concerns are how do i make time fly? and how are way to really enjoy a pregnancy? 

• edited February 2018
    @sarahzett - if you're in the US, they can't do anything to you if you tell them you're pregnant and not coming back. (I work in HR) FMLA only guarantees your job if you come back within 12 weeks. However, youd have a law suit on your hands if they let you go early before then knowing you're pregnant. Most companies appreciate the lead time, as they may want to find a replacement for you prior to you leaving so you can help train. It's up to you though, I'd consider talking to your local HR person.

EDD: 10/12
    My first appt is Wednesday and I'm so anxious. I wont get an u/s, but I'll get blood work done.

We are telling our parents and my SS this weekend and I'm so excited. I feel bad because I've told a lot of friends already. Our main reason for holding off on our parents is due to DH's past loss with his ex. I figure friends will handle loss better than family.

@sammierose464Thanks for the insight! And sorry, I don't think I explained my job very well. I am coming back to work but not for very long. My job is a "rotational assignment." I've been with my company for 10 years and last year, changed jobs within the company and was hired for a 2-year rotational position. At the end of the two years, they hire someone new for my role and I would have to look for a new job within the company and apply for it (or I have the option to leave the company and get a job somewhere else). My rotation will be over about two months after I come back from maternity leave. So I'll come back to finish out my position (and/or train my replacement) and then instead of looking for a new position in my company, I'll take the layoff and transition to a SAHM. I will definitely talk to my HR business partner for guidance on how it all works but I'm hopeful that since it's close to the end of my position anyway, the timing will work out nicely for all involved. Here's hoping!

• Had our first appointment today, very uneventful really. He did say that the pelvic exam shows that the assumption of 8 weeks is correct, and he came up with the same EDD as I did (10/12). He referred me to a dr at the hospital for a consultation on my antidepressants and to talk about the first trimester screening, so i have that at 11 weeks and see my dr again at 12 weeks. Even though there wasn't much going on today, DH and I both feel much better about the whole thing.