September 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions 2/25

Re: Weekly Questions 2/25

• Oh, just saw that you’re mostly using food to keep sickness at bay. Sorry my post is probably not that helpful then! I’m team keep doing whatever keeps your head out of the toilet. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • @BusinessWife I think women swing either way during pregnancy. They either want all the sex, or none of it. I've felt so gross since getting my BFP that H and I have had sex like 3 times, maybe? And I feel terrible because I know he's not at all turned off by me/changing body/pregnancy, but I'm either exhausted, nauseated, or bloated/gassy and I'm not looking to add any of the last two to the bedroom. Here's to hoping second tri sees a bit more action!
  • @stothi yeah toward the end of my first pregnancy I felt so large and so much pressure that it was not enjoyable at all. H was super antsy post partum but I was like "whoa I've got stitches from 2nd degree tears and an episiotomy, no thank you". It makes me sad for you that your H knocked you up and had to peace out! Hopefully you'll both want to be intimate once he's home again.
  • @nlc8424. 3 times, I would be a happy girl!  It's been since December.  December 10th.  I checked FF.  :'(
  • Ah @BusinessWife I know you and your H had quite the journey getting here, but if it's important to you and the maintenance of your relationship (and you feel up to it!) I'd have a convo with your H to discuss it. My H definitely thrives on physical contact and our relationship is much better when we can be intimate. Just some food for thought, I think it's a conversation worth having.
  • @nlc8424 So far any time we talk about it, he says he feels weird like it could hurt the baby.  Not sure how to help him combat that feeling, tho, since he "knows" it wouldn't but....  :/
  • @businesswife We haven’t had sex since December either. Largely because I feel awful. We’ve both talked about how when we do have sex we’ll be thinking about how it’s “pregnancy sex” and there’s a baby in there. Hoping once I feel better and we get started that we’ll be able to get past that whole concept. Also, I’m terrified of spotting after sex. I know it’s normal and might happen but I know I’ll freak out anyway. 

Could you try initiating with the hopes that he’ll get past it once he gets started?
  • @BusinessWife would it be helpful to have him come to your next OB appt and ask about that? Otherwise if you see a therapist for whatever reason, it might be good to discuss there. I definitely don't mean to push too many buttons, but I'd figure out how important sex is to you and your relationship since it doesn't always get a lot better once baby is out. 
  • We have not had sex since early January. Mostly because I feel like crap and our schedules are completely opposite, but I am also just struggling to be in the mood. I don’t think anything is abnormal when you are pregnant as far as sex goes.

@SkilledSailor I am afraid of spotting after too, which makes me even more apprehensive. 
  • @BusinessWife and @SkilledSailor The spotting is for real. It makes me sad, but at least I'm not surprised by it. It stops for me within an hour of being done with the deed, but it's a bit scary anyway. 

@BusinessWife, I'd just strip down, hop in bed and tell him to shut up and get on. :) But I'm crude and my husband is used to me being too tired, too sick, and too touched out. Sweeten the deal with offers of his favorite foreplay and/or lingerie?
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm finally getting my drive back, much to DHs pleasure. I was just so tired that the thought of losing sleep for sex wasnt at all appealing. I am probably the only one here who loved pregnant sex.....

Hopefully you ladies can get back on the....horse.... in the coming weeks.
  • @DanyTargaryen
    I am 11+ weeks and starting to feel better so I dialed back my diclegis and then realized that stuff helps me sleep so much better at night... so i took it again last night after 2 nights off.  I have had a couple of bouts of nausea in the last couple of days off of it -but nothing terrible. that said, adding it back last night left me feeling good today
  • Lol @klj0228. That is too funny!  I think maybe you meant to post in Randoms?
  • @klj0228 that is fantastic, love it!
  • Jyoung327Jyoung327 member
    edited February 2018
    Does anybody work from home? Im starting to wonder if I should pick up some kind of side work to supplement income when Im home on maternity leave.  I am a subcontractor with 3 months backpay, so 3 months after birth I will have monthly income (one check at the end of the month for prior services) but then with out clients for those three months, i would run into a 3 month period of no pay.  I could save up, which I will do eithe rway, but was also thinking of some kind of at home job, like transcribing or blogging or something? I type like the dickens so was planning to ask my boss if I could transcribe for cash for the other therapists in our office but am worried if he says no what my options would be.  Not really interested in any of the make up sales or home parties or candles etc.....what do you do? 

ETA: i dont have specified maternity. if i dont work i dont get paid, so i take as much or little as i want. insurance is through DH work. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • @Jyoung327 I would be careful committing to anything that requires much time.  You never know how you'll feel after giving birth or what kind of baby you'll get. I had all kinds of plans for my maternity leave. My DS was of the opinion that sleep is for the weak from day 1.  On top of a rough delivery that left me with a long physical recovery, most days I was lucky if I had the energy to feed myself.  There's no way I could have done anything to bring in income.
    I would plan to be out of income and save for that.  If you get lucky and have an easy baby and can do something, then that's a bonus.
  • @jyoung327 It's super hard to make money as a blogger and takes a LOT more work than one would think. However, some creative businesses hire people to write their blogs for them so that could be something to look into! Some other things you could consider is a virtual assistant or if you're good at it, social media manager for other business. I do work from home and do some of my business work during nap times when I nanny. It's doable but since I'm my own boss, I'm not stressed about when I do the work as long as it gets done. You'll want a job like that since you won't know for sure when you'll have time to do the work. 
  • @Jyoung327 I’ve also heard that it takes tons of work and quite a while to turn blogging into a profitable venture. You may want to look into the site/app Upwork which I think is similar to Thumbtack where people post freelance type jobs and you could take on as many projects as you want to earn some side money. Then that way you aren’t fully committed to something long term. I remember being shocked at how quickly the days went by on mat leave. Time really gets away from you when you’re constantly feeding, changing diapers, or trying to get LO to sleep on their own 
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Does anyone know how accurate the "gender prediction quizzes" or the chinese gender predictor are.. We keep calling little love "he, him, his".. DH mentioned last night that I may just want to find out in case I'm too attached to the idea of little love being a boy. I was pretty set on being team green but now.. DH has almost convinced me to the other side and finding out. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Anyone seeing a massage therapist or chiropractor? This week has brought on sudden aches and pains and I’m desperate for relief. I also get chronic headaches and migraines and I’ve had a headache the past 4 days. Obvi can’t take my normal prescribed meds and pain killers. I’ve tried nearly every natural remedy I can think of for body aches/pains and headaches. A massage is the only thing remaining I can think of. 
    AF Wife/ Mama / Brewing Baby H / Photographer
  • @shouse11 nothing to suggest but I can't see a massage hurting anything as long as you let them know you need prenatal. Hope you feel better soon.
  • @smsaulino all the prediction stuff is just fun and games. I would not put an stock into any of it. But that's one of my reasons for needing to find out. I afraid to be attached to whatever sex I think baby is and then be "dissapointed" if I'm wrong.
    Yeah regardless of what the quizzes say, it’s a 50/50 chance either way (unless you did IVF with genetic testing, but then of course you’d know already!) 
    If you think you might be disappointed with the outcome, I’d probably find out ahead of time so you can mentally adjust. Sometimes your intuition is right but not always. 
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • smsaulino said:
    Does anyone know how accurate the "gender prediction quizzes" or the chinese gender predictor are.. We keep calling little love "he, him, his".. DH mentioned last night that I may just want to find out in case I'm too attached to the idea of little love being a boy. I was pretty set on being team green but now.. DH has almost convinced me to the other side and finding out. 
    Definitely just for fun. The Chinese prediction chart was wrong for DS - it told me I was having a girl.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @shouse11 I don't know where you are in your pregnancy but many massage places won't see you in your first trimester. I have been taking epsom salt baths for my back and headaches. Then last week had a nice pedicure. That massage chair for an hour was life. 
  • @sheouse11. Sorry you're not feeling well.  I did get a chair massage around 8 or 9 weeks and just didn't tell them. Whoops!  But it was just a regular little hole in the wall place, and I kind of almost forgot to mention at first, but then it's true, too - while harmless - they might not do it at all for you in first tri.  I personally am going to have to call around a bit to find a place that will do specifically prenatal massage.  That's what I recommend, calling ahead and booking an apt so you're not disappointed if they tell you they can't treat you.
  • @stothi
    Just wanted to follow up on Magnesium convo. Dr says up to 400 MG for anyone 31 and younger and up to 360 for anyone older than 31. She said it is a strange age cut off but she wouldn't worry too much about the dosage difference - that is just what her formal documentation noted so she shared it with me.   I have been taking 400 and I am 36 and she said that was really nothing to worry about - but I am going to cut it back a bit just because I know now :)  
  • @marym94 thanks for sharing!