June 2018 Moms

DD Check-in Third Week of June {February}

krash_krash_ member
edited February 2018 in June 2018 Moms
I stole this idea from the last week of June check-in since we haven't had a DD check-in in a very long time. I know February is almost over but hopefully we can start a new one next week for the month of March and do them monthly. 

For due dates the 15th - 21st. 

Any Drs appointments/hospital tours/prenatal massages/classes coming up? 

Are you starting to feel stronger movements from baby? 

GTKY: What is the first thing you want after giving birth? A drink? A specific meal? 
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: DD Check-in Third Week of June {February}

• Any Drs appointments/hospital tours/prenatal massages/classes coming up? We have our first appointment with the Midwife, instead of the OB, next Friday. I am really excited to be able to talk about our plan with someone who will be more open to everything. We toured the hospital last Sunday and it was great! They have four amazing water birth suites and although we aren't planning a water birth per se I am thinking of saying that we are so I can labor in the ginormous tub and then get out to actually deliver. 

Are you starting to feel stronger movements from baby? We had the first big movements on Valentines Day and MH felt them for the first time. They kind of died off a bit since then and I was a little worried. I could still feel the muscle twitch kind of movements but no big startling kicks. Then last night I was laying in bed trying to feel them and there was nothing until MH put his hand on my belly. It was like baby was saying hi to daddy because they went crazy! MH loved it. 

GTKY: What is the first thing you want after giving birth? A drink? A specific meal? I can't decide. Right now I am thinking champagne but I know I need to think of a good meal. Maybe a place that will deliver or something someone can pick up for me and bring to the hospital because if it is in the middle of the night I wont have many options. 
    *TW LC*

• edited February 2018
    Any Drs appointments/hospital tours/prenatal massages/classes coming up? MFM follow-up on 3/9 to check uncooperative placenta, then on 3/13 another 1-hr GTT

Are you starting to feel stronger movements from baby? Yup. He's still transverse, so they're concentrated in two smallish areas veeeeerrrrryyy low down. 

GTKY: What is the first thing you want after giving birth? A drink? A specific meal?  The first thing I want after giving birth is a shower, but that ain't gonna happen for awhile. I will most likely be ravenous, so I'm thinking a large sweet tea from McAlister's Deli, Butternut Tortellacci from Macaroni Grill, a big Caesar salad, and a brookie. If that fails, Skyline and Jimmy John's are in very close proximity. I would so hurt a JJ Gargantuan.  

ETA: @krashke I wanted to labor in a tub so badly, but didn't get the chance with either baby before. If it's something you may want to try, definitely tell them. They don't need to know that you don't intend to birth in it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kfren all of my movements have been very low alternating on my left and right side. I wonder if baby is transverse. I cant really tell but that would maybe explain it. I was thinking they could be breech right now since it seems like I am constantly getting kicked in the fupa. Your after birth plan sound amazing! A shower will definitely make me feel human again. JJ is always an option but I think Macaroni Grill would be way more of a celebration. 
    *TW LC*

• @krashke Baby should start changing position sometime in the next few weeks, so hopefully they will leave your fupa alone.
    And yes, your first shower will be a religious experience.
    As far as food goes, one of my BFFs lives about 5 minutes from the hospital, and last time I was there, she told me to call her whenever I got hungry and she would bring me whatever I wanted. She totally delivered on that, too. I couldn't decided between two places and told her to surprise me. She brought both. If we both weren't straight and I wasn't married, I may have proposed to her right then. 
  • Any Drs appointments/hospital tours/prenatal massages/classes coming up? 
    I have my 24 week check next week and then will get my gross drink for the glucose test the appointment after that.
    Stronger yes, but not constant. The other night she balled up in my stomach and it hurt. I though she might have gotten stuck, so started walking around and pushing on her until she stopped. She then decided kicking my ribs would be good payback.

GTKY: What is the first thing you want after giving birth? A drink? A specific meal? 

My baby. Last time I was under for the delivery and when I woke up it still took them 2 hours before I got to hold him and then it was about 30 min before I had to go back to surgery and was unconscious for the next 24 hours. I am really hoping that the experience is different this time. 
  • @Xtabbikatx I'm so sorry your postpartum experience was like that. FX that this time around will be the complete opposite.
  • @Xtabbikatx your baby will definitely be the best thing after birth! I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your son. FX things go more smoothly this time. Sounds like you've got a feisty one already!
    *TW LC*

• @krashke @kfren Thank you. I actually have a lot of time period blocked out. Every so often something will remind me and I will get sad. 
  • Austenista  Austenista member
    edited February 2018
    I think I go here even though I'm due on the 21st. I may be wrong though. 

No. My next appt is on 12th of March and as far as I know is just my glucose test. Not really looking forward to it. I passed last time, got all the fingers and toes crossed that I pass again this pregnancy.

The movements ebb and flow. I have them all over which makes me think baby is switching positions. He was transverse at A/S and then since I'm pretty sure he's gone from up and down to back to transverse. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out where he is and what he's doing, haha. 

@Xtabbikatx like you, my baby and I didn't get that after birth bonding that I longed for. He went to the NICU before I ever got to even kiss him and I wasn't allowed to hold him for a week. I have never cried so much in my life. So what I want, more than anything, is to have my baby in my arms after he's born and him not need to go anywhere. 

After that, I'll want both of my boys together and maybe something really delicious to eat. When I was in the hospital last time, DH went and bought me an amazing steak dinner and brought it to me. That's still the most delicious meal I've had in recent memory. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Austenista I think you're right. We should be the 15th - 21st. 
    *TW LC*

Just had my repeat US since last time the babe had her face buried way down behind my pelvic bone. Today she was breech and finally showed us her face. It's amazing how much she's grown in less than 4 weeks! I have my 24 week appointment Monday, and I assume my GTT soon. 

She is a maniac overnight. It wakes me up. Now that she is breech, she's been boxing my belly button, kicking my crotch, and doing some kind of body wave. It also sometimes feels like she is playing my belly like a piano, no clue what that is. MH can feel her, and you can see her bigger kicks. 

I've been thinking about a JJ sando quite a bit, probably because I can't have one. Other than that, a shower will be great, I'm sure. And most important I'd like some time just MH, baby, and myself, as a little family unit, before everyone else wants to come and see her. 
  • Any Drs appointments/hospital tours/prenatal massages/classes coming up? I have a regular appointment with OB next week...I may try prenatal yoga this weekend, and I may have to try a prenatal massage for sure! 

Are you starting to feel stronger movements from baby? I’ve been feeling movement since 16 weeks and it’s definitely getting stronger! I feel him all the time and I can see my belly move as he rolls around in there. It’s a bit crazy and very cool. Hubby might be tired of me making him stare at my belly by now haha! 

GTKY: What is the first thing you want after giving birth? A drink? A specific meal? I’m definitely hoping for skin to skin time after birth... and hubby said he’d bring me my favorite goat cheese and duck salad with red wine from a local restaurant after baby gets here :) I look forward to that for sure :)
  • chartermamachartermama member
    edited February 2018

No appointments until March but I’m looking forward to yoga today. I’d like to take a class with my other LOs to help prepare them for the baby soon.

Yes, I feel like the baby loves bladder kicks when I’m out running errands or trying to relax lol. The kicks are stronger when I’m laying down.

We are team green until delivery so I’m excited to find out the sex of the baby. I’m would also like to eventually enjoy a bubble bath and a glass of wine.

My next appointment isn't until March 19 and I get the pleasure of the glucose test at that appointment.  Yuck!  Hopefully I will pass.  I had to do the 3 hour test with my daughter, but passed on the first try with my son.  This pregnancy feels very similar to the one with my first daughter so it will be interesting to see how that all unfolds.  I would absolutely LOVE a massage.  I am so sore and tired right now and it would feel incredible! 

Oh yes! She is very strong, but also still very low.  My belly is quite large looking to me, but her movements are super low ....almost below my bump.  I'm not sure what that means.  I know during my last ultrasound she was transverse and chewing on her toes.  She made the anatomy scan take forever because she was being so uncooperative. 

I am over the moon excited to hold this sweet babe in my arms.  Once I have her in one arm, I have plans to send my husband walking to the donut shop near the hospital to get donuts for when big sister and brother come meet their new baby sister.  I already told the big kids that is the plan so they will put the pressure on daddy to get the donuts too. hahaha.  I guess I have very serious sugar cravings when I am pregnant with girls.  It's crazy how many treats I want to eat right now. 

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @murraydog2008 I also feel like baby is kicking me lower than my bump. It's quite odd. 
    *TW LC*