September 2018 Moms

Symptoms week of 2/25

Re: Symptoms week of 2/25

• I've noticed this for a while now... but this child is already turning my hair white!! For the past decade, I'll have one or two strands that turn white, but now, it's several strands at once and has been going on since probably the end of December. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @smsaulino that’s interesting! I wonder if that’s new growth or if you’re just noticing them more because pregnancy is supposed to keep your hair from going to the “shedding” phase? 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • @fwtx5815 It's new growth. DH made a comment the other day about if I had took a nap on the dog that day or not. She has white fur. I'm like, no. He was like, wow, you've got more whites coming in. It doesn't even bother me any more. I have super thick hair and most is under the top layer. It's when I put my hair in a half up pony tail that it's more noticeable. Also, because of the thickness, texture and length of my hair, I've always been a shedder and probably always will be. I still shed as much as I did before I got pregnant. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• "Fun" hair growth story @ashh2018 and @rachel12385. When I was pregnant with DD, DH kept staring at my chest and he's getting closer. Then he reaches out and plucks a fucking chest hair off of me :s That hair still likes to come around, btw.

And the granny hairs on my neck, chin, and cheeks have been awful.

@smsaulino I've also noticed even more white hairs on my head recently too. I've had one of two for the past few years but now they are getting much more noticeable...I'm in my mid twenties. DH and I just joke that I'm going to rock Targaryen hair, haha.
  • Anyone notice they are losing hair on their head? I'm shedding like crazy. I wonder if it's from pregnancy or my PCOS acting up.
  • @pourmeamocktail have you tried seeing a chiropractor for your hip? My 1st messed up my back so bad that I couldn't walk after birth. The chiropractor fixed me up after a week.
  • @marimarii both this time and last time I shed a whole lot more than my usual amount of hair during first trimester, but then very shortly into second it stopped and I lost almost none until maybe 2-3 months postpartum-where I shed like crazy again. I'm not quite into second yet (12+3), but it's slowed a lot in the last couple of days!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail I had beautiful hair during my first pregnancy. I don't know what's going on this time. I'm wondering if different symptoms means different gender? Will be interesting to find out but still have 10 more weeks till I know!
  • @marimarii hard to say, but I hope not! Lol, not that it really matters, but so far pregnancies have been almost exactly the same, minus a scare (yay no scare this time), and I'd love to have a girl this time. Lol, who knows, bodies are crazy.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @marimarii hair loss can also be a sign of thyroid issues, so you might want to mention it at your next appt so they can decide if they want to check labs.
  • @marimarii I have PCOS too and am still losing a lot of hair. I didn’t lose much hair at all after DS until I got to 16-18 months PP and started losing tons of hair. It ramped back up again at about 22 months PP and I’m still shedding quite a bit now. I have the most ridiculous short hairs around my face from the regrowth.
    I’ll be asking about checking thyroid numbers at my next appt to be on the safe side. 
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @nlc8424 I am already on thyroid medicine and got my levels checked twice so far since becoming pregnant and both came back in a normal range. I also thought maybe it was low iron but I have iron in my prenatal now and it hasn't gotten much better. 
  • @marimarii glad to hear you're covered then! I have no experience with PCOS, so hopefully whatever the cause is will resolve soon.
  • @fwtx5815 our stories sound similar. It must be the PCOS is the culprit. Did you find your PCOS got worse after the first baby? Once I stopped breastfeeding my hormones got all out of whack.
  • @marimarii it’s hard to say actually because I wasn’t on Metformin before I got pregnant the first time. The Met seems to lessen my symptoms. We discovered the insulin resistance after I asked to be tested between pregnancies. (When I got the PCOS dx several years ago, we didn’t do fasting labs and I didn’t know to ask). So I’ve kinda pieced together the full picture everything over time. 
    LFAF Awards

IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @smsaulino. Work commented on a white STREAK that's suddenly appeared on my head!  It's crazy!
  • It freaks me out I've had such a sudden decline in symptoms!   After we missed at 10 weeks last time, I'm really nervous right now ANYWAY and then the neasea and tiredness just....dissapeared?   Worried.

Appointment on Thursday,  fingers crossed 
  • @amanda_charlie I think the placenta starts taking over at around 9w. I started to feel much better at around 10.5 weeks. GL at your appointment!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• lpq0309lpq0309 member
    edited February 2018
    13wks today! The headaches have been constant for 5 days now, my weird dreams have turned to straight up nightmares, the heartburn has made me feel like I could spit fire like a dragon any second. I've still been feeling nauseous and vomiting a little bit. Still going to bed at 8 every night and getting my naps in after work. Hoping things get better in the 2nd trimester! 
  • @Amanda_charlie I felt so much better when I hit 9 weeks. I understand being worried though, I was the same way! Fingers crossed for your appointment Thursday.

My biggest symptom as of late is headaches that last for several days and I have a hard time eating much at night. I'm starving at lunch and when I get home at 6pm, but by the time we normally eat at 8-8:30 I can barely force my dinner down!

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• Oof, not sure if it's really a "symptom" or not, but my head is definitely killing me...
  • @BusinessWife @cbobell2009 Headaches have just started for me as well. :(
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• I'm really sick of not being able to eat. This LO has decided that I can either eat breakfast or lunch. But not both or suffer from all day sickness. Dinner is usually a coin toss depending on if I ate breakfast, lunch, or both... Today I had lunch. But could stomach dinner. 

Also exhausted. Mood swings are crazy and I get very ragey (not a word but oh well). Bloating is going away.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • I'm suddenly into headache mode too, I remember this last pregnancy too, little I could do about them. I think it was mostly just two weeks long. I am trying to drink more water, because that can only help. 

The headache is causing nausea too. Sigh.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not loving all the headaches I am seeing in this symptom post, guess it’s one more thing to look forward to. 

Breast tenderness had been absent for a couple days, but it is back in full force tonight. I’m also exhausted, but unable to sleep so that’s a joy! 
  • I know I posted earlier, but I'm seriously feeling so much rougher than I felt during any other part of first tri. 12w Thursday, headaches that are more like full face aches and make me Google sinus infection symptoms 18x a day, insane breast tenderness, nausea with vomiting (hadn't thrown up ever before during any of my pregnancies) and just general nasty/low energy feeling. I am pity partying hard, and planning to talk to my doctor at my appointment next week to confirm this is in the realm of normal.
  • For headaches, sit with your feet in hot/warm water and a cool washcloth or towel on your neck or over your eyes. It’s a trick I use for horrific migraines while I’m waiting for my meds to kick in. Worked great while I was pregnant and couldn’t take them last time. Also, tons and tons of water. 
    I do this too, but I use a heating pad on my feet instead so I can be in bed or my comfy chair. Same principal with the hot and cold.
  • Anyone wise having SEVERE itching mostly on my legs and arms?
  • I tried to sleep off my headache, but it didn't work. I caved and took a Tylenol this morning and am feeling better already. I'm going to try to up the water intake. 
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Ugh, these vivid dreams might be the death of me (or at least a peaceful nights sleep). Last night I had to literally wake myself up from a nightmare where I was at work, but really at home, and there was some creepy guy in my bathroom/office and I ended up shouting in my sleep for the guy to get out. I kept falling back into it so I actually got on my phone to try to think of something else. Didn’t help that I was home alone by myself with DS and my dogs since H was out of town yesterday into today. Is it Friday yet? 
  • Headaches here too. Although I'll take them over the migraines I had been having.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • :s I've tried everything for the headaches. I got headaches a couple of times a week pre-pregnancy as well, I'm just prone to them. I've tried that hot/cold method, drinking more water, stretching, and even Tylenol when I'm desperate, nothing helps. Seems like they just go away when they decide to.

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• @SkilledSailor I am with you on the “normal” pregnancy symptoms. It seems that anything that happens while pregnant can be considered normal. 

@DanyTargaryen the fatigue is a tough one to get through. It’s hard to fake it through sheer exhaustion. Hope this symptom doesn’t last long for you.
  • I am definitely not opposed to naps at work! 

I have been cramping tons since yesterday. I remember similar cramping to this with my last two around the same time so hopefully it’s just stretching etc (although third kid, how much more stretching is possible??????). Hoping all is good and it goes away soon. 
  • I am definitely not opposed to naps at work! 

I have been cramping tons since yesterday. I remember similar cramping to this with my last two around the same time so hopefully it’s just stretching etc (although third kid, how much more stretching is possible??????). Hoping all is good and it goes away soon. 
    I’m definitely feeling all the loosening and soreness that goes along with it much earlier this time. I believe I got pretty uncomfortable around 20 weeks (I had bad SPD/pelvic girdle pain), and its coming on now in the middle of my 13th week. Yay! Gotta love how the body remembers even more quickly what to do.