October 2016 Moms

Re: February Randoms 2018

• Any of you ladies have any special Valentine's Day Plans? FI willbe at school mostthe day, so I have a card (with an obnoxious "I'm somebody's Valentine" button in it that I'm going to request he wear haha) that I'm going to give him first thing in the morning before he leaves as well as something tasty and portable to take to school with him to snack on.
    While he's gone I'm going to make him some of my sugar cookies that he likes and frost them in silly ways to his liking and humor. I did the cookies last year and it was a hit with him, so I'm going for round two!
    I get all the kids a small box of chocolates usually, but I may try to also get them a little bear or something this go around too :)
  • Nope nothing planned. I was trying to thing of something to do with or give to S but couldn’t really think of anything. She has way too many stuffed animals as it is. I did just order her some books so I guess I could say it’s a Valentine's gift. 
  • Loading the player...
  • ugh so i started watching This is Us... and by that I mean I've binged season one over the last four days while I had a stomach bug and then pink eye. What an emotional train wreck. 

*American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • I've been hearing a lot about that show- and as miserably addicted as I've noticed people getting, I don't think I want to watch it haha
  • I watch it. While I do like it, it is very sad sometimes. 
  • @allythekids hence why I avoided it for so long.. and yet here I am

Also. I was super paranoid that I might be pregnant due to some skipped pills here and there because I suck at bc but finally tested and I'm not... but now I'm stuck thinking about kinda wanting to get pregnant again... We do plan to have one more but havent really decided when we want to start trying.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • kmolleltzkmolleltz member
    edited February 2018
    oops. double post, thanks crappy internet.

DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • @kmolleltz That's me everytime somebody compliments my cooking haha
    Do let us know when you start trying again! I'm nosy haha
  • Here's Jimmy and Johnny being hams for your viewing pleasure :)

• I wonder how @brzvice is doing??
  • @Ladybug2821 hey girl heyy thanks for thinking of me!

Sorry guys I have been MIA lately, I've been uber stressed with fighting for unemployment compensation since I've been out of work since end of October. I had a hearing last week and finally got approved but am so disgusted by Michigan's UIA and the ringer they have put me through. I will start getting back pay now which is relief. I also got a part time job helping out at our local library and start training soon. 
    On top of that I'm finally out of first Tri (yay) and most the ickyness that comes with it. It has been very tough though keeping V entertained and stimulated while feeling like crap all day.
    I hope you all are doing well, I will check back in more often now that I see we are picking back up again. 
    Here is my little puddle jumper.. 16 Months now 

Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • we had a check up today and Abigail is in the 53rd percentile for weight! This is compared to the 1st percentile last May a few weeks after surgery. She's been steadily gaining and its such a relief to see those numbers.

@brzvice sorry you had to deal with so much crap! I cant even imagine. And out of first tri! How exciting. Babies are giving me all the feels. hahah
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • @brzvice Holy cow girl, I had no idea you were still jumping through unemployment hoops! Thank goodness the stress of that (and first tri) is over now. Part Library job sounds Aaaah-Mazing though! <3 And V looks too cute in those rain boots!

@kmolleltz Yay Abigail!!! So... You guys get to talk about any potential baby makin'? Eh? Eh eh?

@ladybug2821 Girl how are YOU doing? I think we all have a wee bit of playing catch up to do. How's S?
  • @brzvice I’m glad to hear all is mostly well. That sucks that unemployment took that long but I’m glad you were able to get it sorted out. I honestly don’t know how I’d be able to take care of S right now if my first tri was like my last so kudos to you. V looks so grown and so cute!  Where have the babies gone?

@allythekid I’m doing ok. Things have been kind of stressful but that’s life. I have S’s christening planned for this weekend but now everyone in my family is sick. It took me months to find a church that would do a private christening because apparently that’s only an up north thing??  I just hope they all miraculously get better by Sunday. How are you?

Here is my crazy girl. 

• @allythekid every time I think about talking to him about it he does something that makes me realize we aren't in a place where we could handle other kid. hah
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Our babes are growing up fast now  :'( V doesn't even want me to rock her at night she is on an independent kick. Proud of her but miss snuggles.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Ladybug2821 How did the christening go? Were your guests well and able to attend? I get a very stressed out vibe rolling off of your post- I hope all is well and you're managing to make some time for yourself. 
    S is getting so big! Still lacking in the hair department, eh? DD was a baldy until she was almost three, then all this insane curly hair came out of nowhere like a mop haha

@kmolleltz I had been on the fence about *maybe* wanting another, but now I am pretty certain that I we're done. I'm feeling pretty complete as far as the family is concerned, and need to focus on being my very best me now. Should have done that *before* procreating, but better late than never. I have an example to set for four humans that I'm lucky enough to have. 
    Funny how our partners definitely aid in reminding us of how NOT prepared we are at times haha

@brzvice Johnny is starting to get more independent too. He always has been for the most part, but now it's like the only people he consults for his needs are Jimmy or his dad. He's too busy turning into a little man to need his mama. Unless he isn't feeling good. Then he's a puddle of feels all over my lap all day. All of my guys are though haha bunch of softies. I dread all of the future man-flus...
  • The un-twins, doing what they do.

• @AllyTheKid Awww, they are so cute laying together. Johnny looks like a 3 year old!  The christening went well. Everyone was able to attend. Trying to plan the event was stressful. It was originally planned for this past December but then my BFF (godmother) couldn’t make it from Italy. Then her godfather couldn’t make it from MD so I cancelled. Plus finding a place to do it privately was a hassle. Then I just decided to do it without them so just my family attended. This poor girl and her hair lol. It doesn’t help that it’s also light. I’m sure when she does get it, it’ll be thick and crazy.