September 2018 Moms

Monday Moans- Pet Peeve Edition

It's Monday. Things are happening. What's got you riled up and ready to complain?
As a bit of a GTKY how about we talk about pet peeves too while we get our bitch fest on?

Re: Monday Moans- Pet Peeve Edition

• Loading the player...
  • jumpy57jumpy57 member
    edited February 2018
    @knitknitread haha I'm right there with your DD and also get grumpy about toilet paper. My college roommates were super cheap and would steal the basically see through stuff from campus to use at our house. I ended up buying my own secret TP stash of nice stuff

Edited, words are hard
  • Spare seconds left on the microwave. Just hit clear people!!
    Seriously! How hard is it!? Just hit the freaking button!
  • stothi said:
    Spare seconds left on the microwave. Just hit clear people!!
    Seriously! How hard is it!? Just hit the freaking button!
    We have 2 microwaves in our break room at work. I just walked in there for water and they BOTH had seconds left on them.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • @EErin86 to this day I keep my toliet paper stash to myself. My husband always bulk orders ok-ish stuff so I don't feel bad putting in his bathroom and the guest bathroom, but I'm super picky about what goes in my bathroom and I don't share. Cause if he's happy using the cheap stuff I'm not going to waste money buying stuff for him he doesn't care about.
  • Good TP is so important! We added a half bath to our basement and because it needs to pump up and over to the main drain we have to be careful about what we use for TP in that specific bathroom. So it's 1-ply trash. I hate it. But it keeps the plumbing working. You bet we have better stuff in the rest of the house!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Spare seconds left on the microwave. Just hit clear people!!
    Guilty....and I can't just claim pregnancy brain. It's really just forgetfulness and being in a rush. However, I will clear it at work. Just not at home.
  • I normally buy the soft stuff and I'm not particularly happy about the scratchy paper either. I wasn't paying attention and Wal-Mart moved around their inventory. So, I wasn't really paying attention to what I grabbed :s
  • I have to complete my self-evaluation at work today. I always feel accomplished once I'm done, but it is so tedious and annoying because there are a million different sections. 

Pet peeve: my DH leaves his shoes in random places around the house, and my DD is picking up the habit! Argh. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• DS wouldn't go back to sleep for an hour when he woke up at 3. Finally got him down a bit after 4. So I was up for 2 hours.

PP: shitty toilet paper, TP the wrong way on the roll, extra seconds on the microwave, but really-it's not leaving the tires straight when you park the car. Only one of our cars is kid-safe, so both of us take both cars out. Husband has a tendency to just leave wheels cut, and the radio loud.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeamocktail I always straighten out the wheels and try to take a second and reset everything in the car. Volume down, air turned down, ect. 
    My husband gets frustated that I leave MY seat in MY car pulled up in the position that works best for me and likes to make comments about "short" people. I'm 5'6". I'm not short. Hubby is 6' so it's not like he's a giant, but no we will not keep the seat in the same place, but it's my car so hush your face and move my seat back when you are done.

PP- not washing the baby's highchair tray after a meal. If you fed the baby you clean the tray. Don't set up the next person for failure. I consider meal prep, feeding the meal, and then cleaning up the meal all part of the same "task," so complete the damn task.

Kinda like doing the dishes means putting away the clean, washing the dirty, then cleaning the sink and counter where the dirty dishes were. Bugs me to no end when people don't clean the counter where the dirty dishes were. It's dirty! 

I had a nanny take dirty baby bottles and wash them in a sink that she didn't clean first and then set the "clean" bottles back into the counter where the dirty dishes were. And she didn't fill the sink with soapy water just set the bottles in the sink and ran some water and added a bit of soap to the bottles and set the bottles back in the sink while she was working. Am I the only person that thinks that's unsanitary? I mean if I'm cooking the night before and set bowls or knives that I used to prepare raw chicken in that sink or on that counter, then she just put the baby's bottles in/on two places potentially coated in raw chicken germs. I always wash the sink before doing dishes and I always clean the counter where the dirty dishes were and I still only put the clean dishes on the drying rack on one side of the counter and not on the side where dirty dishes go.
  • When someone walks into a relatively empty restaurant with multiple young children and upon noticing I am obviously working, laptop out and on a call, still sitting right next to me instead of literally anywhere else in the restaurant! This morning I got up and moved and in the section I was in there were 3 of working and where I moved there was no one working! 
  • @pourmeamocktail Girl YES on the TP oriented the wrong way. It goes over, not under, and if I find it under in our work restroom I will change it.  :D
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• MM: I still can’t pack my lunch for work because nothing ever sounds good when we’re meal planning and grocery shopping. I never know what I’ll be in the mood for by lunchtime so I’m wasting money by eating out everyday. Even when I’m hungry food usually doesn’t sound good so I just have to get in my car and pick a direction to drive and force myself to eat something. 

Pet peeve: I’m going to second @stothi ‘s about house guests that make themselves too comfortable. MIL and her SO were just in town last weekend and it was like having to clean up after 3 toddlers instead of 1 with all the crap they leave around the kitchen. At least this time, her SO didn’t insist on bringing home takeout boxes from EVERY.SINGLE.MEAL and taking up all our fridge space (bc he’d bring the food home and not eat it). He would box up leftover food from everyone’s plate (barf) and insist that he’d eat it later. Of course since he never did eat it, we ended up having to toss it all when they left after their weeklong visit. Rude. He also dug our magazines we didn’t want from our recycling without asking and just left them on the counter which icked me out. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • @pourmeamocktail Girl YES on the TP oriented the wrong way. It goes over, not under, and if I find it under in our work restroom I will change it.  :D
    Yes!! DH does it the wrong way every time he puts a new role on. 
  • @southernlady07 My H knows better to ask me about specific food now to make sure it's fair game, especially while pregnant. I've been known to cry if something of mine was eaten without my approval.
  • @stothi  I loatheeeee when guests are over dont push dining table chairs or stools in when they get up. Or wear shoes in my house with white carpet. or leave empty beer bottles and caps on the counter, bc my DS loves to put small things in his mouth and most certainly would choke on a cap. I thought these things were all common sense! or at least, ask! 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • @southernlady07 this bothers me too and it makes me happy that you change it hahaha. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Noooooooo! I just bought an entire crate of oriental flavor ramen noodles cause they are the only thing I crave and they are perfection, and just now not even halfway though a bowl I almost barfed all over!!! No. No. F you morning sickness! Don't take this from me!!!
  • Oh No @stothi I hate to find something I will actually eat and then shortly later get sick. Ruins it for me. Hopefully oriental ramen is not ruined for you now.
  • @stothi that is the WOOOORST!

• @stothi Big big hugs ❤ It always sucks when that happens! 
  • @stothi oh no girl! I'm so sorry! I hate it when something sounds SO GOOD, and then thank you hormones.. I can't even look at it. Makes meal planning so hard! Hopefully that salty goodness isn't ruined for you. I find really slowing down my eating helps a little. 
    Me: 34 DH:33
    TTC since Oct 2016
    DX: Undetermined possible PCOS+MFI 
    July 2017-Dec 2017 Letrozole+TI
    Dec 2017 CP
    Jan 2018 BFP:EDD 9-25

• @ashh2018 I can relate somewhat. My H is very mellow, so much so that our priest who married us joked about having to set the church on fire to get a reaction out of him. I have to coax a lot out of my H to get a better reading on his mood/mental state. But in general, I think that growing up before you have kids of your own, so much of what we do is to please our parents. When they don't give you the reaction you're hoping for it's disappointing, not that you're having a baby to make your dad happy, but you might expect him to be happy to be a grandfather. I've found parenthood to be liberating in that I care so much less about what others think about what I do/don't do, including my parents. Life is too busy to be questioning if you're doing the right thing for someone else when you have a new life depending on you. I hope this shines through for you later on, too. No advice for how to cope now, just an internet hug.
  • Thanks @nlc8424 and you’re right. It’s always been a struggle for me in that I worry too much about how everyone else feels about things. (I actually put off TTC so I wouldn’t inconvenience everyone based on when my brother is getting married lol). It’s time for me to stop worrying about them! 
  • @ashh2018 my people in general are low key and fairly stoic. I didn't get much in the way of reactions from anyone. *Shrugs* Some people just don't really get excited about stuff.
    I get excited! But apparently my idea of excited is pretty much other people's idea of barely reacting, but it seems like a lot to me compared to how my people are since they really don't react at all!
  • @stothi I guess my dad’s lack of reaction was just the last straw haha. He’s really just turned into a mean old man. My mom is great - but this whole week feels like when you’re hanging out with a couple, and one of them clearly doesn’t like you, but the other one dragged them haha. 
  • @southernlady07 omg! me too!!! MIL and SIL visited recently and we took them grocery shopping to get their own food and MIL ate almost all of the snacks I could tolerate at the time.. That's when I was getting occasional morning sickness. DH and SIL didn't seem too concerned at all. but I was LIVID. Needless to say, I was super excited when they flew back to their home 21 hours away. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• I’m sorry @ashh2018. It’s totally reasonable to hope for some sort of positive reaction from your own parents about that sort of thing :anguished:
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • I just wish someone would invent a sedative that’s safe for pregnancy. Like...pregnancy Xanax. Is that a thing and I just don’t know about it? Lol. Ugh. 
  • @ashh2018 you can certainly talk to your doctor about Zoloft, I'm not sure about anything like Xanax, but my doctor will prescribe Zoloft whenever I feel like I'm ready to start. This can help with anxiety, but there are some GI symptoms that go along with the start up that aren't so pleasant.
  • nlc8424 said:
    @ashh2018 you can certainly talk to your doctor about Zoloft, I'm not sure about anything like Xanax, but my doctor will prescribe Zoloft whenever I feel like I'm ready to start. This can help with anxiety, but there are some GI symptoms that go along with the start up that aren't so pleasant.
    I just stopped my Zoloft - long story. I have severe anxiety and for years, I took trazodone and clonazepam. I had taken antidepressants when I was younger but wasn’t any more. When I decided to TTC, I tapered off the two anxiety meds and my doctor, and NP at the time, suggested the sertraline (Zoloft) bc it was a good option during pregnancy. Well, we ended up putting off TTC until December, in that time I settled into my new medication. Went to the doctor when I got pregnant (also in December, yeah) and my original doc is out on medical. New doctor immediately said I need to stop sertraline. Didn’t even ask about my current mental health, but went on and on about my risk for PPD. Like, do you want to know how I am now?? My dose of sertraline was so small it didn’t matter much, but at times like this, I really remember why I had an “emergency” medication for Xanax or clonazepam for bouts like this. 
  • nlc8424nlc8424 member
    edited February 2018
    My MM- office work and project work is building up and I just am having a hard time getting started. 

PP- when people don't set up their voicemail on their phones. I don't care if you hate voicemail, it's necessary for doctors offices to leave messages at times. Then you call back saying you have a missed call from this number, WTF.

ETA words to clarify.