1st Trimester
Options

10 weeks

Im 10 weeks pregnant with my first child 
I have a job but it involves alot of walking and running around 
Should i take time off for a while or not?  

Answers

• Options
    Normal activities are usually ok to continue while pregnant unless you doctor limits your movement due to complications. Walking, regular exercise is good to continue. Check with your doctor if your concerned about work limitations as you would most likely need a doctors note for something like that. 
  • Options
    Another thing to keep in mind (if in the US) is if you take FMLA time off now it may take away from your time with baby after they are born. I believe they only cover 12 weeks in a 1 year period. Unless you have a reason to need the time off, I’d keep on trucking. If you need to sit more or take a bit longer employers are required to allow for reasonable accommodations.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Another thing to keep in mind (if in the US) is if you take FMLA time off now it may take away from your time with baby after they are born. I believe they only cover 12 weeks in a 1 year period. Unless you have a reason to need the time off, I’d keep on trucking. If you need to sit more or take a bit longer employers are required to allow for reasonable accommodations.
    ^WSS.

I'm a CNA, also in nursing school. I haven't taken any time off of work for this pregnancy, because my co-workers/professors know I'm pregnant and I give them notice when I need to sit down for a few minutes to catch a breather. And I also don't take advantage of it and skip out on doing things, so they don't mind once in a while.

Unless there's something medically wrong necessitating you needing to take time off of work, then don't waste your FMLA. You can always go on restricted duty if you really feel like you can't handle your current work load, but be prepared for the worst case scenario being that they can't find you a position/work to meet those restrictions, and you'll have to go on leave.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023