Influenza and Tamiflu — The Bump
September 2018 Moms

Influenza and Tamiflu

I apologize in advance for starting a new discussion but frankly I'm not technology savvy enough to figure out how to put this on the weekly questions discussion. Has anyone had an experience with their infant/toddler coming down with influenza? I'm terrified with all that has been on the news and I want to make sure my little guy is going to be ok. Not to mention I am 11 weeks preggo and afraid I could come down with the virus myself and sounds like that could be quite dangerous. Has anyone contracted the flu while pregnant? Doctor recommended I take tamiflu just to be on the safe side. Any experiences, recommendations or positive vibes are much appreciated. 

Re: Influenza and Tamiflu

• My doctor would insist on tamiflu if someone around me had the flu. I have been really sick this last month and my kids were also, my ob had me get them flu tested 2 times and put me on tamiflu just in case.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes he did test positive for influenza.
  • I don't understand why people get offended when questions are asked. We just want to know if anyone is experiencing these symptoms while we wait for our results. I just got a comment from another member about my post and my user name-which I tried changing but couldn't so I'm leaving this username..or maybe leaving this group since asking questions is frowned upon.
    maisie122713
  • prose1952 said:
    I don't understand why people get offended when questions are asked. We just want to know if anyone is experiencing these symptoms while we wait for our results. I just got a comment from another member about my post and my user name-which I tried changing but couldn't so I'm leaving this username..or maybe leaving this group since asking questions is frowned upon.
    Was someone offended? I didn't say I was offended. Questions in the questions threads and symptoms thread aren't frowned upon at all and that's why I directed you there. I answered your question and directed you to the threads that would help you learn to use this site. If you want to stay, I still suggest reading the threads I directed you to earlier. They are really helpful to get a feel for how this board in particular is organized.
    Car0liiineBusinessWife