September 2018 Moms

Weekend Randoms

What's everyone up to this weekend? 

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • After only getting 3 hours of sleep going into Friday, and then a long day with Murphy prevailing, my Friday night bar shift was really really hard. Not too busy, but I forgot my fruit I usually bring to snack on, and people lingered. I didn't get home until midnight, but with only OK tips to show. DH warns me that puppy knocked DS down some of our stairs, toddler has a seriously fat lip, and probably won't sleep well.

So I went to bed seriously worried about the little man. He only got up twice overnight (more than usual, but considering lip and teething not awful) and DH took him first thing. I got like...6.5 hours sleep and now at least don't feel like a moderate breeze will do me in. Overall, not terrible. Glad today we have nothing besides grocery shopping on the list.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Work :( MH just made it home from his 14 day hitch at work and I just started my 7 day work week last Wednesday. I hate that I work his first week home but we have his second week off together. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • I think my new thing is going to be to just refuse to comment on the one-off-BS threads. Instead of trying to direct them, just ignore.
    You know, for me it entirely depends on time of day and whether I've had my snack or not. Apparently when I'm tired and hangry I ignore, but when I'm feeling mellow I attempt to direct.
  • edited February 2018
    I guess I don't really understand what's going on with the most recent one.  We're there a bunch of odd questions that OP just deleted?

*typo
  • I guess I don't really understand what's going on with the most recent one.  We're there a bunch of odd questions that OP just deleted?

*typo
    I think she forgot to include them or thought the title question was enough?
  • @pourmeamocktail I try so hard to ignore... but it sets off a flame inside me. Like please read the "Read First" thread before posting a thread. Ugh. Have not opened the newest ones for fear of throwing shade.
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @nlc8424 sorry your day did not start out great, but it sounds like the end has been much better. Great your mom was able to come for a bit even if you didn’t get a ton of sleep it did give you a break. Hope you get some sleep tonight! 
  • Had one of my BFFs birthday parties tonight and it was a great time. We’re home now and just sent the sitter home. You guys, it’s midnight! I haven’t seen past 8:30pm in ages!!
    My toddler pretty routinely wakes up around midnight/1am. Does that count?
  • @yosemite2018 Send some of that energy over my way, please!  :D
  • We are officially starting to clean out closets and organize the house to make room for baby! We have a huge renovation project to complete before September and cleaning and organizing gets us moving in the right direction. 
  • My toddler pretty routinely wakes up around midnight/1am. Does that count?
    Oh no! Just what you need. 

Morning update: I feel hungover. My kids even let me sleep in! 
  • @klj0228 we are too.. We live in an apartment and are turning one of our walk in closets into a nursery. 

• @klj0228 @smsaulino Same! We’ve been rearranging some closets and are painting the nursery today. That room has been H’s man cave for the past two years. His stuff essentially needs to fit in the linen closet and his side of our walk in closet now.  :o 
  • All of the talk about buying houses lately is giving me house fever, is that a thing? Our house is an ok size, but our storage is limited and our bedroom closets are a joke. DH mentioned later on down the road putting bunk beds in DS's room if this one is a boy too. I told him I don't think we'll be here that long, but he's somehow convinced we can make this work. I just want two people to be able to comfortably fit in our kitchen without tripping over each other. Although I have no desire to go through the whole house  hunting, buying and selling thing.
  • @nlc8424 I have house fever since we started trying to make a decison. I really really hate the idea of moving but the house we are looking at is beautiful and has a garage which we currently do not.....

@klj0228 it very exciting! I'm 11wks today and I can practically taste it.....
  • @klj0228 TB considers 13 weeks still in the first trimester.. so I will be there next Sunday. 

• @klj0228 omg I hear you! 12 weeks today and 2nd tri is so close, I can taste it!  :D
  • @smsaulino Yup, H has been so confused about that. 

@prpl11butterfly That sounds like a good move! Same neighborhood?