June 2018 Moms

Last Week of June DD Check-In [February]

izza2izza2 member
edited February 2018 in June 2018 Moms
For ladies due June 22-30th.
We haven't had this check-in in almost a month! Any thoughts on changing it to monthly since there's really not that many of us still actively around?
The last thread was still on the first page after almost a week of check-ins and chatter.

We're at/almost to the half-way mark!

How are you feeling (physically/mentally/emotionally)?

Anything you've been putting off that you feel you need to work on double-time now?

Who is still waiting to find out the sex (and planning on finding out)? Any last-minute guesses before your a/s? When is your a/s?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Last Week of June DD Check-In [February]

• How are you feeling (physically/mentally/emotionally)? Physically I feel great. Bit of back pain that I'm in physio for, but it's not debilitating or anything. Mentally/emotionally finally getting excited. Getting giddy seeing little babies, allowing myself to go down the baby aisles at Target (I resisted purchasing anything!!).

Anything you've been putting off that you feel you need to work on double-time now? No, actually. My mum has been so excited about the nursery she's furnished most of it for us already after my husband painted and hung curtains. A little nervous that my shower won't be until Memorial Day weekend and it'll be absolute scramble time after that, but oh well!! I've had a registry on Amazon for ages that is constantly being edited. We're picking off some of the more expensive items along the way-- I don't want baby shower people feeling like they need to go in on something $200-300. 

Who is still waiting to find out the sex (and planning on finding out)? Any last-minute guesses before your a/s? When is your a/s? We still don't know! Anatomy scan is Monday ( we match, @izza2 !!) and I am preeeeetty nervous. Not about the gender, but everything else that could go wrong. Anxiety is my nature though. I'm one of two girls and my husband has two daughters, so I think it's about time for a boy. We'll be super pumped either way though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ashleymar1e - I'm with you on feeling nervous about the a/s! My nervousness stems from not feeling LO kick as much/as often as I did last week. I think he moved in to a position where I'm just not feeling them as much, but it still freaks me out.

I have no idea when my baby shower will be yet, and part of me feels that we're behind on that. My mother and SIL are supposed to be hosting it, and I told my mother yesterday that I need to at least know what weekends they're looking at because I have my birthing class, my pinning ceremony, and the my commencement for graduation in April/May. Apparently she was hoping it would be a surprise, and I had to tell her the surprise would be when they planned it and didn't tell me the weekend and then I couldn't make it because I had something already taking up that day. :lol:

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 good luck Monday!! Mine is Monday too. And I would recommend the baby care and breastfeeding class. We did all three with DD and I felt it was just enough information to not be overwhelming and it was great to be able to ask questions as they came up too. That spreadsheet sounds great too!

@ashleymar1e Anatomy Scan Party Monday!! +1 to being anxious (I have anxiety too!). It’s almost like it’s one of the last stepping stones. FX everything is awesome! Do you have a theme for your shower?? I’m gonna live vicariously through you ladies ;)

AFM:  
    im feeling okay. Anatomy Scan Monday, and I’m super nervous and anxious. With DD, that’s where they found the Placenta “issue.” I just want it to go well, and I hope we can find out the sex!

Once Monday is over, everything will kick into super drive. We’ve been waiting to find out the sex to do anything. It’ll be nice to put the nursery back together - we’re re painting - and if it’s another girl I have a LOT of organizing to do with DDs clothes. Trying to figure out what we actually want to buy as well. I can’t beliebe we’re halfway. It’s nuts. 

Im torn on this one. With DD I knew. We also waiting until 30 weeks to find out so I think that extra time helped my intuition lol. We will be happy either way, but DH wants a boy, and I want a girl so we shall see. 

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for starting this! Once a month might be better, just because with the weekly appointment threads and FT/STM threads I think there can be a lot of repeat in these ones. But I do really like checking in with others closer to me!!

How are you feeling (physically/mentally/emotionally)?
    Physicslly feeling good. Honestly I feel really lucky with how pregnancy has been for me. There are small things I can complain about but nothing awful yet. Mentally/emotionally I've been good too, especially in the last few weeks now that I can feel baby kicking pretty frequently. Before that I was always anxious that everything was okay. 

Anything you've been putting off that you feel you need to work on double-time now?
    Registry ahhhh! We did a walk around of BRU a few weeks ago but we need to go back and actually register. I think I'm going to make an Amazon one too for things that are cheaper there and because we live far away from family. I've been waiting until we find out the gender to do it but I might start it this weekend and just tweak things after. Plus I'd rather have more gender neutral colors for big stuff like car seats or pack n play so that we could reuse them for future children. Haven't done anything for the nursery yet (again, waiting on gender) although we did see a few cribs we like at Target so we at least have an idea for that. No idea when my shower will be but my Mom has been on vacation the last 2 weeks so I'm guessing she'll start asking me about it soon once she's back. 

Who is still waiting to find out the sex (and planning on finding out)? Any last-minute guesses before your a/s? When isyour a/s? TUESDAY!!!!! I'm so excited!!! Haha January felt like the longest month ever waiting for this to come. Props to the team green ladies because there's no way I could make it another 20 weeks. I honestly go back and forth all
    the time with which I think it is. I'm just excited to finally find out, FX that baby is cooperative! I'm also obviously really excited/anxious to see that baby is healthy and developing properly. My last US was at 10 weeks so it's been a while since I've seen him/her!

DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @elsie42 - That was my plan with the Amazon registry when I first started it early on/before knowing the sex. We're incorporating elephants in our theme, so a lot of what I put on there to start out with was gray and neutral colours anyway. And if you come across something you'd love for LO if they're a girl, but then find out they're a boy, it's no issue to remove it!

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Good morning ladies! Thanks for posting this @izza2 It's nice to check in with others close to my own due date! 

How are you feeling (physically/mentally/emotionally)
    ? I'm feeling ok...im not sleeping well and am surprised that's happening so soon. Other than just getting winded easier (former smoker that quit in 2015 and slightly overweight) physically I can't complain too much. My bump is incredibly itchy! 

Anything you've been putting off that you feel you need to work on double-time now? This is DD #2 for me (child #4 all together!) so we aren't having a shower but I do have some wish list items that I will put on a registry to get the completion discount...and I want the box from Amazon! I do need to start going through clothes and get together the items I'm going to sell!

Who is still waiting to find out the sex (and planning on finding out)? Any last-minute guesses before your a/s? When isyour a/s? My AS is on Thursday and it's the first ultrasound! I'm so excited I can barely stand it! We found out early on that we are having another girl! 
  • Yay for everyone’s appointments next week! It’s nice to hear where similar people are at.

@izza2 I’m fine with monthly. Dang girl you have graduation stuff to plan too? I’m gonna take a cue from you and other threads to look at that spreadsheet of stuff I’m putting off...

AFM putting off everything as I get some work projects wrapped up. I need to set some personal baby goals though and not let work take over. I’ve delegated the baby shower to three friends and only gave them one parameter - not at my house :) but we do need to set a date.

Mentally/physically/emotionally I’m doing okay. Not crazy tired or crazy energized. No nesting has kicked in AT ALL.

A/S is Valentine’s Day. 

• @sunshineandwhiskey thanks for the kind words! I'm letting my mum handle the entire baby shower. She's super into it, and I'd rather crawl under a rock for the day, so any theme is fine by me :). Not that I'm not super grateful, just loathe being the center of attention. 

@elsie42 in case it's on your short list, we got the storkcraft Beckett crib form target and it is incredibly sturdy and easy to put together. The warning stickers on the outside are a PITA to get off though ;).
  • How am I feeling? 
    Physically, I’m pretty good. Finding myself getting short of breath a lot easier but it’s not too bad. I finally went off my nausea meds about a week ago! 
    Emotionally, I’m doing ok. I’m 5 weeks away from the point I lost my daughter so it will probably get worse from here. 

Ive actually been pretty good about doing things to get ready for baby. We have a crib,  bedside crib, registry is set up, and I’m slowly building my stash of cloth diapers.

AS is on the 20th. I actually found out two weeks ago that we are expecting a boy because I get ultrasounds every two weeks due to being high risk. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• @izza2 Thanks for starting this! I agree with others that we could probs make this monthly. However, I'd say it might be nice to check in more often with our due date group, since we'll be experiencing things together. That's my 2 cents for keeping it weekly, but I don't feel strongly about it.

How are you feeling (physically/mentally/emotionally)? Feeling mostly good. I've been having some serious hip pain. I got a pre-natal massage on Friday and it helped a ton. The masseuse was also really helpful and rec'd a firmer pillow to throw my leg up onto while I sleep. He thought that was causing a lot of my pain. FX it helps.

Anything you've been putting off that you feel you need to work on double-time now? I feel like we've really been putting off too much. I need to get my newborn photog lined up. I'm behind on finding a nanny and a pediatrician. When I read about breast feeding, I feel totally overwhelmed.

Who is still waiting to find out the sex (and planning on finding out)? Any last-minute guesses before your a/s? When is your a/s? We are still Team Green! It is a really weird feeling knowing that the US tech (and anyone who reads our chart) knows what sexes of the babies. Now we have to work doubly hard to keep people at the hospital from accidentally revealing the sex. I already felt like a broken record asking nurses/techs/doctors not to reveal it, I'm about to be more annoying. We have our second anatomy scan this Wednesday, so FX they'll get everything they need this time around.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @izza2 I am so exhausted too! I just told my husband that I've taken more naps this last month than my entire adult life combined! Have fun seeing your little boy at your a/s tomorrow :)

@ashleymar1e That's awesome that your nursery is painted and funished, I love having a mom who loves to shop for baby ;) I hear you on being nervous for the a/s...I was super anxious too! Everything seemed fine with mine on Friday ...but I won't know until my next Dr appt (so now I'm nervous about that!) Good luck tomorrow!

@sunshineandwhiskey I hope your are able to find out the sex tomorrow! But then, as you said, you have to go through DDs clothes...I'm procrastinating going through DS's to figure out what I want to save/donate/maybe try to sell now that we know its a girl.

@elsie42 Super smart to get the big stuff gender neutral. I didn't think ahead a now little sister will have a green car seat, blue wrap, blue sleep suit, etc...haha. Good luck on Tuesday :)

@hjungk84 I'm so with you - created the amazon registry when I was like 8 weeks just to get that box (and the completion discount will be nice). How exciting to see baby for the first time on Thursday!

@glitterfingers You have to wait until Valentine's day to see the little peanut? That seems so far away! At least it will make for a fun "date" with your partner to see baby? :)

@profmcgonagall Congrats on finding out you're having a son! Sounds like you're doing great with baby prep w/ the crib, registry, and diaper stash. I hope the next month goes by quickly for you  <3

@LaceyBee522 I've said it before, but I'm so impressed with anyone who is team green. And with twins it somehow seems doubly hard ;) And, ooh, a prenatal massage sounds heavenly!

AFM:
    Feeling good, just so so tired. DS won't sleep past 5am so I try to go to bed by 9 and sneak in naps when I can. Emotionally, I get more and more excited as we get closer to June. I'm still pretty nervous for 2 under 2...but we'll figure it out :)

By this time with #1, we were well underway with the nursery and had everything pretty much ready by 3rd tri. This time? I'm not even setting up a nursery until after she's born  (poor second child stereotype already...) We have a 3 bedroom house and my mom, then DHs parents will be staying with us after the baby is born so we are keeping the 3rd as a guest room until then. We've got a bassinet and plan to keep her in our room for 6 months...so we'll see what happens. I'm fighting the urge to decorate!
  • @LaceyBee522 - Maybe keep the general check in and thread monthly, but do weekly mini-check ins?
    Like instead of starting the whole thing over, or having a set of questions we all are prompted to answer, someone can just pop in throughout the month to bump it up and ask how everyone is doing, anything new going on, etc?

I don't know how the other check ins plan to do it, but I know we've dwindled down a lot in terms of who has stayed around to be an active member. :grimace:

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 Yeah, I think that makes sense. The main reason I’d want to check in more often with this group is because we’re hitting milestones together. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 - Oh, trust me, I get it! We went a few weeks without the check in and at first I was like.. okay I can do this, but the past week I started to feel left behind a bit. :tongue: Normal end-of-the-month-DD stuff, but, it's nice to at least be reminded you're not alone!

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Hi guys! It is Thursday, so I'm just bumping up our 4th week due date thread. How's everyone feeling? Anything new/exciting/uncomfortable/weird happen this week?

GTKY: Any big plans for Valentine's Day next week?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 thanks for bumping!

This week has been crazy. Found out we’re having a boy Monday, and then at my normal appt Wednesday my blood pressure was high again. Starting to stress me out so I bought a blood pressure cuff off Amazon. My normal OB is out on maternity leave and I’m feeling kind brushed off right now at the practice so I’m trying to be proactive and just monitor. We shall see. 

We wont do anything for Vday because the 15th is DHs Birthday, our engagement anniversary, and our church wedding anniversary haha Vday gets over looked  :D
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sunshineandwhiskey That sucks that you're getting brushed off. When does your OB come back from leave?

We won't do anything for Valentin's Day either...womp womp. I was mostly asking that question to see if I'd be inspired to do anything. I have to travel out to our Long Island office that day, so I'll probably be too exhausted anyway.

At the risk of being a repeater, I had my second AS this week and they still can't see the babies hearts. I'm going in for a fetal echo with a pediatric cardiologist next Tuesday. Hopefully they'll get the scan then.

We have our Key West family trip booked for March 7 to the 11th. My OB didn't want me traveling after 24 weeks and that has me going from week 24 to week 25. At my appointment today, she asked if I had to go. I'm like, yes, I have to go. Now I'm having all this anxiety about it. Blargh. I'm also a little annoyed with my mom who is the one planning this trip. I sent her a link to this private catamaran that will take you out to snorkel, see dolphins, go to private islands. I loooove boats and I really want to do this activity because it is not alcohol-focused, not moped focused, or just laying by the pool. But she and my dad are "concerned" that I might not enjoy myself because I'm pregnant....ugh. Anyway, no one asked for that rant, it just came out. Sorry guys.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just butting in..

@LaceyBee522 I'm obvs not having twins so I can't help with your doc's concern about you going but I just came back from Key West and I had tons of fun just walking around, seeing the sites and beautiful scenery, riding the conch train and eating delicious food and watching sunsets etc.  I didn't even spend any time just laying in the sun or at the beach which would have added the thinngs to do.  MH went jet skiing and I used that time to put my feet up because we walked a lot and my feet were so sore.  Did I miss having a drink in my hand like everyone else did... yes I did, but there will be other vacations for that.  But my point is that you WILL enjoy yourself.  FYI, the ocean is still choppy from Irma despite the lack of waves and we did the glass bottom boat tour (couldn't really see anything though) but, even as a person who has never been sea sick in her life, the ride was a little nauseating on board for almost everyone.  Just to prep you for your boat/catamaran ride which sounds awesome!
  • @becca_123 Thanks for the reassurance! I know it will be great...I'm just in a mood today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for bumping!

I had my anatomy scan on Tuesday and we found out we're having a girl! The tech said everything looked great and I meet with my OB in 2 weeks. Only downside was that I have a low-lying placenta so I'm on pelvic rest until they check it again at 32 weeks. I may ask about checking it sooner because that's sooooo long lol. 

Thanks to that news, our Valentine's will be kinda uneventful lol. Actually though we are planning to celebrate on Tuesday night because Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. I don't technically have to fast or skip meat during pregnancy but DH does and I'm not gonna make different things. I plan to make a nice dinner and dessert Tuesday for the two of us. Plus it's Mardi Gras so it's fitting! 

@sunshineandwhiskey I'm sorry about your BP and your doctor. I hope it works itself out for you and you can stress less!

@LaceyBee522 Key west sounds so fun! I wish I were heading somewhere warm haha. I hope you get the chance to do some of the things that you want to while you're there. 
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • @LaceyBee522 did your doc say why she doesn’t want you traveling after 24 weeks? That just seems strange to me, but I guess they do treat twin pregnancies different. I think you’re gonna have a blast in key west either way!!  

I asked the lady I saw wed and she joked that “hopefully she’ll be back before you deliver.” I mean another doc at the practice delieverd DD but I feel like I’m not gonna get a straight answer about anything and with being between VBAC/RCS, wanting my tubes tied, and now this BP mess I just foresee issues. 

@elsie42 sorry to hear about your placenta but hopefully it’ll move! You Tuesday Vday sounds delightful! 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Exciting updates!
    @sunshineandwhiskey - I'm sorry you're feeling brushed off :disappointed:

Nothing new over here. Getting excited thinking I'm finally more than halfway through the pregnancy. It feels like the home stretch.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @sunshineandwhiskey sorry about the doctors/blood pressure dear. Having a cuff around is quite reassuring. My BP is low generally, so it's nice to have around.

We found out Monday we're having a sweet boy. Measuring about 5 days ahead, but due date still staying the 29th.

This week I've got a stye in my eye, the back pain is getting worse, and the hemmerhoids are a literal pain in my ass.

Apparently the back pain is because I'm hypermobile, so the ligaments are too loose to hold the joints in the proper place. THANKS YOGA.

Finally halfway today though.
  • Bumping this!

Anything exciting happen recently?

Any questions/concerns?

What's up?

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Morning everyone!

Nothing major to report here -- my next OB appointment is a week away and, as you fellow late Juners know, I'm still a ways out from those becoming more frequent or eventful. I've just started feeling the baby kick/do whatever it's doing in there during the last week or so, which is awesome, and I *think* we've finally found our daycare provider. I wasn't able to join the tour my husband went on last week, but his report was two thumbs up and on paper they look great. My visit is scheduled for later this morning.

In other happy news, we leave for our mini babymoon to Phoenix tomorrow morning and I can't wait! We have sooooo many restaurants to hit up and, after the rainy dreariness that has been Houston for the last couple weeks, 68 and sunny sounds like just the ticket.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• @emiliadkay Enjoy the mini babymoon!!  We had two days of 70 degree weather, and I feel like a new lady.

Nothing much going on over here.  Got a major head/chest cold that I can't shake.  DD is popping her last canine, and school is just trucking along.  DH leaves next weekend for a guys trip, and i'm slightly nervous.  Not that I have to take care of DD by myself, but I always worry about all of the other things that could happen, and with being pregnant, it just escalates things.  

Happy news - I was nominated for teacher of the year, and rumor is I won, so that's cool. 

Hope everyone is doing well <3 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @emiliadkay, hope you have a great time on your babymoon! 

@sunshineandwhiskey, yay for teacher of the year!! That’s so awesome! 

I finally had my AS on Tuesday. Tech said it unofficially looked good. 
    My RCS is scheduled for June 13. I can’t believe it’s less than 4 months away! But my mother is happy that she can finally buy a plane ticket. She said she didn’t want to get here too many days ahead of baby. Thanks mom....I know she’s coming to see him but I would have liked a few more days to hang out since I only see her once a year. 
    I’m getting anxious as I get closer to my loss milestone (24 weeks). I’m trying to keep myself busy and stay positive. But sometimes I have doubts this baby will come home with me. I’m hoping 24 weeks comes and goes quickly and I start to relax a bit more. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Hi all! Not too much to report over here. Had a regular OB appointment yesterday and everything was normal. Next appointment and the glucose screening will be at the end of March. My bump is starting to look like a baby instead of like I've been eating a bagel every day (which I may be...) and I feel her kick all the time which is cool. We finally did our registries and my mom and sister are planning the shower which will be in April. I'm excited to start doing the "fun" stuff like planning/decorating the nursery now that we know she's a girl. Glad to hear everyone is doing well and jealous of those of you going on trips!!
    DD born 6/21/2018
    DS born 9/24/2020
  • Thanks for bumping, @izza2!

@sunshineandwhiskey That's awesome!! Congrats!

Nothing new over here, really. I find my emotions are totally all over the place lately. I'm not sure if it is from pregnancy or general exhaustion from all the travel I've been doing.

I started to feel them move last weekend, which was so exciting/creepy. I think I've been feeling them a little for awhile, but wasn't sure if it was them or gas - lol! On Sunday afternoon, we were sitting in the hotel room and I could see my belly move - that was major creepy! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay for feeling the babies move @LaceyBee522!
    @emiliadkay - Have fun on your babymoon!!

AFM, not much new to report. I can feel LO kick on occasion, but with the anterior placenta, he's in just the right position that I can't feel him as much as I used to, which sucks. I tend to eat sweet foods just so he makes bigger movements, lol.
    My mum and SIL are still dragging on baby shower stuff, but they've semi-officially chosen a date. It'll be mid-May, when I'm 35 weeks, so that it can turn in to a family party because my brother is coming up from Mississippi... Oh well.

PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023