September 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight 2/19: Strollers

2»

Re: Product Spotlight 2/19: Strollers

• It's probably markdowns on the 2017 Vista because the 2018 is being released any week now. No idea what the differences are, but without going searching that's probably why.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Yup - looks like UPPAbaby themselves is currently offering 20% off 2017 gear! https://uppababy.com/20-off-sale/
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Loading the player...
  • DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    edited February 2018
    It's all out of stock on their website, but it says valid at participating retailers:

"Promotion starts February 16, 2018 at participating U.S. retailers in-store and online. Valid on in-stock 2017 VISTA, CRUZ (excluding Gregory and Loic), RumbleSeat, Bassinet, G-LITE, G-LUXE, and G-LINK (excluding Jake and Pascal), while supplies last."
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • @EErin86 have you seen any sites with the accessories marked off too? I haven’t found any rumble seats on decent sale. 
  • @EErin86 have you seen any sites with the accessories marked off too? I haven’t found any rumble seats on decent sale. 
    I saw a couple rumble seats for about $150. But I'm also struggling to find accessories. There isn't much difference between the 2017 and 2018 I think leather handles and a longer basinet are the only noticible changes.

I did end up buying a Vista at a local retailer  :p for 20% off
  • @EErin86 thanks! I need a 2015-2017 model to fit our existing vista. Maybe. Haven’t decided if I really need it or if I just “need” it. 
  • @spottedginger ok I was able to find a rumble seat for 20% off. Do a Google search for "2017 Vista rumble seat"
  • We have: 
    BJ City Mini single 
    BJ City Mini double GT 
    BJ City Select with second seat 

I love all three of our strollers and couldn’t choose just one. 
    I firmly believe one stroller can’t do it all especially when it comes to double strollers. 

Our City Mini double GT is great for neighborhood walks, outdoor events, zoo trips, and Disney World. It’s been to Disney World more often than us
  • Uppababy doesn’t go on sale often so that is a decent deal! I love my Uppababy Vista. It was the one thing I splurged on with my previous pregnancy and I’m grateful I did. 
    Anniversary
    Me (29) + DH (30) | Dating 2003 | Married 2008
    DS - 02/21/2016

• These are my favorite strollers parked in my garage:

Bugaboo Cameleon3 ($$$)
    Bugaboo Donkey ($$$-$$$$)
    *These are a favorite of mine. I love that the seats can be a bassinet or regular seats, facing the parent or facing outward. It has a full recline and is very luxurious. Definitely not cheap, but if you can find it for a deal it's well worth every penny! The Donkey is a double but can actually collapse inward to be a single stroller. It's perfect if you know you're going to have more than 1 kid. :) 

Baby Jogger City Mini Single ($$)
    Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double ($$)
    *Both Baby Jogger strollers are used regularly in my house. The non-GT single is lightweight and my regular travel stroller. The Double is perfect for my 3 year old and 16m old. BUT the double weighs like a million pounds.

Pockit Stroller($-$$)
    *This was my Amazon Prime Day score!! It folds up small enough to fit in my purse, and is PERFECT for traveling with a toddler!! It does not have a recline so it cannot be used with a baby under 6 months old. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• We have the 2013 Britax B Ready from our son that we will be using again. Also the Uppababy G-LUXE for our travel stroller. 
    We previously had the Uppababy G-Lite and it was amazing. So light weight and turned on a dime. I find the G-LUXE more bulky and harder to steer with an older child now. But it does recline and can handle a bigger child. Our son still occasionally uses it at 4. And it will come to Disney with us. 
    I’ve drooled over the Uppababy Vista but for basically the same features and half the cost we decided on the Britax B Ready. 
    When we bought the B Ready nearly 5 years ago Britax offered their Free Ride Event which I think has been dissolved since. But they used to offer their infant seat or rumble seat free with the purchase of the stroller. So we scored a deal back then. I just recently bought a gently used Britax Affinity Bassinet attachment. It’s something I lusted over with my son but couldn’t justify at the time. My Uppababy Vista friends made good use of theirs and I’ve always wanted one since. 

My top 3 full-size strollers if I was a first time
    mom would be:

Uppababy Vista
    Britax B Ready 
    City Select by Baby Jogger 

All have the potiental to turn into doubles down the road and come with many accessories options. 

• @jhjocelyn sorry to bring up an old post, but I am finally getting around to figure out what strollers we want.  Can I ask a few questions about the Jeep stroller?  It is really catching my eye.  I live in the suburbs, so will primarily be using this stroller to walk and around the neighborhood, mall, zoo, etc.  I like that I can connect a car seat to it, did you use this feature?  As a FTM, I am not 100% sure that what "in my mind" thinks versus what will actually happen.  Is it easy enough when she is in her car seat to use at the mall and put into my SUV?   In my mind I will baby wear her somewhat on short errands, but what if she doesn't like that?  Do I just haul her car seat in on a quick Target run or if we are going to be at a location for awhile like the mall, get the stroller out? 

I like this stroller as I walk significant distances outside, but I rarely actually run.   I am thinking of getting this stroller and then the 3Dlite.  
  • @lisac113 I definitely did set the car seat in the stroller when DD was an infant, I also used the 3d lite reclined all the way and it was also nice.

For mall shopping I usually use a stroller and shove as much as I can in the basket and hang some wherever it fits. I'm not sure how wide the jeep stroller is but I usually choose my 3d lite for the mall because it's narrower (i also had a bob with DD). At the grocery store if i was alone I would babywear and if DH was along and DD was sleeping in her car seat we just used two carts. 

You will figure out what works well for you :)
  • @EErin86 excuse my ignorance, at what age can I use the 3d lite?  Because it reclines, can I use it sooner versus later?  
  • lisac113 said:
    @EErin86 excuse my ignorance, at what age can I use the 3d lite?  Because it reclines, can I use it sooner versus later?  
    I actually used it pretty early and would just make sure DDs head didn't flop somewhere weird. I know she was in it at a month old for easy strolling/setting her down at my sister's wedding. I'm sure the warnings say 6 months on it though. As long as I could see her in it and the ride wasn't going to be bumpy we didn't have a problem
  • @EErin86
    Thank you, that helps a lot!!!
  • lisac113 said:
    As a FTM, I am not 100% sure that what "in my mind" thinks versus what will actually happen.  Is it easy enough when she is in her car seat to use at the mall and put into my SUV?   In my mind I will baby wear her somewhat on short errands, but what if she doesn't like that?  Do I just haul her car seat in on a quick Target run or if we are going to be at a location for awhile like the mall, get the stroller out? 
    No experience with the Jeep stroller so I snipped anything I couldn't answer, but my stroller has an adapter for my infant car seat so I figured I'd tell you what I did anyway.

- For most shopping trips, I would put the car seat in my stroller and just use the basked under the stroller to hold the things I needed to buy. Clothing could be draped over the stroller handle.
    - For larger shopping trips (i.e. Target run for TP or paper towels), I would baby wear so I could push a regular store cart with more room for those big items.
    - For really quick trips, I carried DS in his infant seat or put the infant seat in a shopping cart so I didn't have to worry about pulling the stroller out of the car for a 5 minute in and out errand.
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • I haven't tried it yet, but it was actually looking at the 3d lite tote, with a little more space underneath.

But for us, for the time being, we plan on sticking with the bravo from the travel system and see how far we get with that.
  • @DanyTargaryen thanks for your input on logistics, that helps quite a bit.  I am a logistics person, which I realize will be laughable once an infant is in the picture, but I need to wrap my brain around what I need to buy and why. 

• @lisac113 - Nothing wrong with trying to figure it out ahead of time! I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching strollers so I understand this one particularly. I find it's all about planning as best as you can, but realizing the LO may throw a wrench in those plans when you least expect it!
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
  • Anyone have recommendations for a double stroller that will do well with a toddler?  I’m looking at the BOB Duallie right now. It needs to handle flat trails and be easy to maneuver. 
  • For us, having the seat click into the stroller was great when LO was small and slept in the car seat a fair amount. Not having to wake a sleeping baby, or not fussing with buckling them in and out of the seat depending on the weather, was really nice. IMO babywearing is easier than pushing a stroller through stores, but I'd prioritize letting a sleeping baby sleep vs leaving the stroller at the car if I had to choose. Some people have LOs that do well transferring from seat to babywearing, but that's variable. My first didn't do well with any transfers after a while.

We also shared the stroller with our parents when they were watching her, and it was very easy for them to just click it in and out of the car and stroller. I also used it at Bible study, where she'd usually nap at least part of the time - so it's nice to have for meetings or times when you might be in one location for a while.

I did just put the seat into the cart at stores quite a bit, because the under-stroller basket on ours (an older Britax) was super duper small. But I usually did grocery shopping when MH was home so that I didn't have to bring the baby at all or we could all go together.

We stopped using the infant seat around 9 months, I think. She was pretty heavy to carry around by that point, and she wasn't a great napper so I mostly did things around her sleep schedule when I could anyways. I probably wouldn't get one of the frames that *only* takes the car seat, but the ones that do both are nice IMO. We're planning to get a different stroller to switch to after we're done with the infant seat this time, because MH isn't a fan of our current stroller, and I'll also babywear a fair amount. But we'll definitely use the stroller+seat combo for a while.
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @lisac113 oh goodness! So sorry for missing the page!! 

So, my jeep stroller is 4 yrs old. Not sure what the current adapter system is on new ones. Ours is a simple heavy duty seatbelt like buckle that goes over the infant car seat and clips to the other side to keep it safely on, the stroller had a list of compatible car seats that were approved to use this way. 

I find it not too big and bulky but it is also nt the smallest out there. We had an suv and it was easy enough to load it in and out of myself. 

I used the infant seat attached a ton! Dd was a peanut and stayed in it for over a year, it let her face me as a baby in the stroller which I liked. 
    It is perfect for our rural no sidewalk roads, the wildlife park/zoo nearby and I have taken it shopping at the outlets with out hating it. 

Hope that helps! I’ll pay more attention to this thread now! 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @ashh2018 ah!  So excited for you!  I was so happy when our bravo system came in, too.  Super-huge relief just to have the carseat in our possession lol. But playing with the whole stroller set-up will be fun too.  For now its staying in the box, tho. ;)
  • stothistothi member
    mauishay said:
    Im still obsessing over the Austen.
    I just feel like other than a stroller and a dock a tot that I really don’t have anything we have to buy with baby #2. We cloth diaper, so we don’t even need to buy those... 
    Dont mind me, I’m just trying to justify a $1000 stroller  :D    :s
    https://www.austlen.com/

Whoa.
    I want one. That's cool.
  • @BusinessWife we ended up bedsharing at around 2 months and will probably end up doing the same with this one, just earlier. We always practiced really safe bedsharing but I guess I’d just feel safer if I knew she had her own little space when she was super itty bitty. I held a 6 day old baby the other day and omg I do not remember my son ever being that tiny!! 
  • @jhjocelyn no problem!  Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it!
  • ^WSS. I don't want to be the safe sleep police, and I'm going to do my best to mind my own business, but Dockatot even says on it's packaging that it's not meant for sleeping. I would hate hate hate to see any one of us choose an unsafe product and have an adverse event occur. I'll step off my soapbox, but I'd also consider other alternatives for safe cosleeping.
  • Oh geez, I hadn’t heard that. Thank you for the heads up! Do you know where I can find that info? 
    On their site it looks like they just don’t recommend it for unsupervised sleep and we plan on using it while we’re sleeping with her. 
    • The DockATot® must always be used in a child-safe and "supervised environment." A supervised environment is one in which a semi-alert, non-inebriated adult is co-sleeping next to baby. Adult does not need to be awake next to baby.
  • @mauishay sorry I meant to agree with @Wishilivedinflorida as far as it's not meant for unsupervised sleep. And cosleeping at night with the dockatot on your bed would be considered unsupervised since you'd be asleep when baby is too. I would do a search online for cosleepers that either adjoin to your bed or can safely be placed on your bed.
  • @mauishay  we will be sidecarring a mini crib, but will also try a portable cosleeper like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014F7UEXG?tag=blvisitor-20&th=1
  • I know several people have mentioned wanting the city select stroller. Zulily has it for $359 today. I’ll post this in the deals thread too.
  • Picked up a used City Select double stroller today off a parents buy and sell. So excited to get that checked off my list and to learn all the seat configurations. 
  • Test run :)