FFFC 2/23

Maybe not always flame-free... 
Image result for fire gif
Met: 1/21/2005
Married: 6/27/2008
DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
M/C 6/2012
DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
M/C 12/12/2016
BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker

Re: FFFC 2/23

• Options
    Started selfishly- I'm suuuuuuuuuper annoyed by people that have no respect for other people's time, particularly in the teaching profession.  When I ask a time to call, and then call at a time you say you're available, and leave a voicemail and times I'm available, and then you call outside of those times, and then we play this same game 4 times in two days, and then I send an email after hours with detailed info asking for a specific time to call the next day (when I'm back on the clock) and you email back 15 seconds later (without even having read the email) "call my cell"..... NO.  It's just inconsiderate.
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel Ugh that's the worst. I experience that with clients all the time, they seem to think only their time is important and I should be available whenever they want, not just during my actual working hours. This just happened to me yesterday actually, a client asked over email Wednesday if we could set up a time to speak on Thursday, and I immediately responded sure, I'll be in the office between 7 and 4 tomorrow so just let me know when a good time to call you is. She responded to me at 3:58 yesterday and asked if I could call her now. WTF?? No, I am literally leaving in 2 minutes. 

My FFFC is I'm in a REALLLLLLY horrible mood today and one of two things will likely happen: (1) fake sick and go home; or (2) stay at work, but do zero actual work because I'm too dam cranky. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fffc: I’ve never had chick fil a
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    I love their breakfast because they are mostly biscuits. But usually the one fast food i do give DS.
  • Options
    Another fffc i have totally stopped think about names. I don’t think we are set on any of the ones we talked about and i have no energy to keep looking. This baby is doomed. It was so easy to pick names for DS.!
  • Options
    @wildtot same here. I am really picky about names and it took me until seeing my son after he was born to finally fall in love with a name. So this time I feel like I'm not even trying because I know I won't fall in love with anything in the next 20 weeks. 
  • Options
    I’ve been repeatedly texting DH my favorite name choices set up with our last name, and next to DS name to see how they sound together in a subliminal attempt to get him to like them more.  :D
    Weve got a short list of names we both like but we don’t have any shared favorites. DS was so much easier. 
  • Options
    hillbillywifehillbillywife member
    edited February 2018

Stuck in quote box... This is not even flame-worthy.  I just feel sorry for you.
    Same. It’s the only thing I want to eat right now. Totally getting it for dinner tonight because my H won’t be home. 

ETA: I’m sorry parents aren’t respecting your time. I often times won’t pick up if I don’t recognize your number, but If you leave me a message and I was expecting your call (or you’re my kids teacher obvi) ill call you right back. 

My sons school doesnt come up as anything in caller id but luckily they’re like the only place that calls me from that particular town so I usually just answer in case it’s really important
  • Options
    zande2016zande2016 member
    edited February 2018
    I do not like chick fil a. The chicken is nothing special and the fries aren't even crispy.

ETA I guess that's more of an UO than a FFFC
  • Options
    I plan on phoning it in at aldi today. im over my lazy coworkers and ending up hurting from overdoing it so screw it. 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    DS is almost 2 and i still haven’t gotten around to requesting his birth certificate. It’s all the way in Cali and i have to get the paperwork notarized. I’m just lazy but I’ll have to do it this year to finally baptize him with his brother.
  • Options
    @wildtot birth certificates are such a pain! we have to pick ours up in the town where LO is born...its not where we live. So I have to go to the town hall and get it within 10 days or get online and deal with requesting one. So your FFFC is totes legit.

I also don't like chick fil a.

• Options
    @Lelo2006 I have no butt and carry high, so I guess that could be it? But even last time when my hips got bigger, I wore the same undies. Maybe they were stretched by that point? Lol
  • Options
    @paytonpedro I didn't even know maternity sweatpants were a thing! I did buy maternity underwear from motherhood maternity because I sized up and regular undies still felt tight....and they are literally the best. I may or may not wear them not preggo, lol. However, I threw all my underwear away this past year and bought better underwear and I can still fit into it this time. So maybe I just had bad undies before.
  • Options
    @WorkinWeezel and @zande2016 - same here. Client emailed me at 8 am asking if I had time to talk today, told him I had some flexibility this afternoon and asked what time he was thinking - crickets - you know he's just going to show up at my office unannounced while I'm in the middle of 1000 other things.

FFFC I basically haven't done anything for this baby; still haven't even told a lot of people and half the time I forget I'm pregnant.  This baby was wanted and planned so I'm not in denial or anything, I just have way too much on my plate with the demolished kitchen, husband working 7 days a week, my own high maintenance job, and terrible two's.  Totally guilty of 2nd kid syndrome already.  My girlfriend and I refer to baby as "taco" for now - joke from food baby references.  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I secretly wish I could have another baby shower for this surprise baby #3. I got rid of all our baby stuff last summer and I also hate spending money. I would never admit this IRL.

Also, destination weekend long bachelor and bachelorette parties are total bullshit. <-- more of an UO. But srsly, I think it is stupid, over the top, and self-indulgent and a waste of money. You don't have to keep up with the Joneses all the time. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 honestly I think that ends up being a better approach. Focus on you, your family and work. The inside baby is and will be loved and wanted. Women overdo it in trying to plan every detail and overbuying a ton of stuff you'll never use. It's a ton of unnecessary stress over things that 1) aren't a huge deal and 2) are often out of our control. Babies need their parents, love and a safe place to live, not a pinterest worthy anything. 

Or maybe I'm a slacker too haha. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @runsomewhere - thanks, that's pretty much where I'm at - just trying to survive.  Tech the nursery is done with all essentials because DD is in it now, it's getting her room ready and moved into that is the to-do - but hey we have 3 months after baby arrives for that technically...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    On the same boat as bachelorette parties. I am the matron of honor for my best friend and have been planning her bachelorette party with her sister for over a year. She wanted big bear which is fine but now the weather forecast shows it will be having snow showers when we need to drive up there next Friday. She wanted snow but I really hope the weather changes and there is no snow bc I have never driven in snow, nor do I have tire chains and don’t have 4 wheel drive. I don’t think this was a very considerate location to choose knowing most of the girls are driving up from LA where we never have to be prepared for snow—3 of which are pregnant and the drive itself is kind of scary already. 
  • Options
    @kissableviv I totally agree. I do wonder if part of our problem with coming to consensus on issues like this when other countries seem more capable is that we are so much larger, and so diverse in socioeconomics, traditions, religion, politics, race and ethnicity, and lifestyle. We have people malnourished in cities and rural towns...and super high obesity rates. We're not homogeneous at all, like other countries are, making change nearly impossible.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    cseley321cseley321 member
    edited February 2018
    @paytonpedro my butt gets huge during pregnancy, I have to get the maternity underwear or I would stretch all my others out. This time I had to switch to maternity underwear before I had to switch to maternity pants. It is crazy for me

ETA @gingerbride26 add me to that list. We haven't even decided if this baby hets its own room or if we put her in her sister's room. I JUST started cleaning out the closet to the computer room (it will be her room if we go that route), and I only got 1/3rd the way done before I gave up and put it off for another day.