September 2018 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 2/22

2»

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 2/22

• We started getting Plated deliveries this week and I am in heaven!! I’ve done Blue Apron and one other smaller delivery service, but Plated has blown them out of the water. I love to cook and prep but hate meal planning so this is perfect for us. There are a ton of options each week and we haven’t had a bad one yet! We’re even upping the number of meals we get each week because they’ve been so good. It’s so nice to have balanaced and healthy meals without any thought or effort on my part. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Patience7150 your menu on a normal non pregnant day would sound absolutely delicious. On a pregnant day the bbq hamburger bow tie dish sounds the most appetizing and really good. I don’t think it sounds low brow, it’s a Betty Crocker dish for busy families who still want to have a balanced meal.
  • OMG @Patience7150 what time is dinner each night... I'll try to make it to every night but salmon night. lol
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @AdmiralKitty I've wanted to try a dinner delivery service for awhile... I kind of like the idea of Freshly because you just pop it into the microwave, no effort from me at all. lol 

• @Patience7150 ooh you make me miss cooking. I’m so tired I honestly can’t even put two slices of bread together lately. I’ve been buying only simple food that DH can cook for me. 
  • ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited February 2018
    The freaking McDonald’s here doesn’t have shamrock shakes. 

ETA I know because I just went to get one.  :'(
  • ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited February 2018
    I don’t know if we have any northern NJ/NYers here, but... I moved across the country from northern nj, and there is so much food that I miss! My parents are actually out here visiting and they brought me knishes (but the real, square ones!) and bialys. It’s glorious. 

FYI the knish is basically a fried mashed potato patty. And a bialy is like a flat bagel with onion in the middle. And it’s all amazing. 

ETA photo 
  • We've had nice sunny weather lately and my hens are laying like crazy so I made a crustless quiche for dinner. My kiddo gobbles quiche up and it's an easier meal for me to make since I can mix it up and then take a break while it's in the oven. It takes longer to make than say scrambled eggs but it takes less active standing and working time.
    I add a ton of cheese, some chicken breakfast sausage, a little garlic, some herbs, a thick layer of baby greens like spinach, kale, Swiss chard and it's so yummy! I like it cause it got the veggies in it and I feel good about offering it to my toddler with a side of fresh berries and calling dinner complete!  Little buddy gets a pretty carb heavy breakfast and lunch these days so I don't feel he needs any with dinner.
  • @ashh2018 my in laws could've made up for eating my snacks when they were visiting if they'd brought deep dish pizza. That's the only part of Michigan I miss. I've had deep dish from several touristy spots in Chicago and they can't compare to Pizza Papalis

• Whatever I can at this point. But my go to is usually fresh fruit and raw veggies. Cherry tomatoes and berries and tangerines are a favorite right now.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Tonight I'm making home made cheeseburgers with all the fixins', on an onion bun, ...and I may or may not have been fantasizing about them all day... js
    That sounds amazing! Mmmmmm...
  • After my toddler went to bed I made myself another hamburger. I think if there were any left I might go full piggy mode and make another. Why are burgers so good right now!?
  • @stothi that seemed like all I ate for a few weeks. DH finally said he couldn’t eat another hamburger so he would need to cook two meals or pick up dinner from two different places. I am off my burger kick for now. 
  • Yes to burgers! I’m anxiously waiting for this meeting to end so I can hit up Burger King. They’re veggie burgers are crap but I keep craving them. 
  • At work we had a healthy chopped salad which featured grilled Portobello mushrooms, homemade caeser dressing and French bread croutons, and a fresh lemon wedge. It was delicious! I work for a contract company that handles both dietitians and food service and I've gotta say that sometimes I'm seriously impressed with the recipes they have.
  • Um, newest guilty pleasure: instant mashed potatos.... loaded w cheddar cheese and bacon bits. For some reason it leaves my tummy sooo happy.... no overful feeling or yuck just satisfied!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @jhjocelyn it's been a potato week for me also.. I've had a couple helpings of mashed potatoes, 2 loaded baked ones and fries galore.

• @smsaulino Glad I am not the only one! I normally cringe at instant anything, but dh has been on supper duty and I don’t wanna make him work that hard...
    pretty sure I’m gonna have more with supper...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @stothi I feel ya! I did hamburger steaks one night. I don’t want other beef like steaks which is really strange for me, but I don’t want any other meat either. Just hamburger meat. The world of pregnancy eating is a strange beast. 
  • @ashh2018 my parents moved to VA from NJ a few years ago, and whenever they come back to visit, they say they miss the pizza, bagels, broccoli raab and knishes. You just can't find them or find the same anywhere else in the country.