October 2018 Moms

PAIF Support Thread w/o Feb. 19

Let's get to know each other. Share with us any IF/loss background you would like to share and how things are going for you now. 

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here. 

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Check in any time during the week you have news to share or need support. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread.

Re: PAIF Support Thread w/o Feb. 19

• Question for everyone - what day do we want this thread to start on? It was randomly assigned to Thursday, but I feel like we can make it any day we want. Thoughts?
  • I personally like weekly check-ins to start on Mondays because otherwise I forget which days they are supposed to start. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am with @pebbledam I like weekly stuff to be on Mondays, and the rest of the week to be for questions/fun stuff/etc..
  • Awesome - my preference for weekly threads is also Monday but didn’t want to abuse the power haha... we’ll switch next week unless anyone voices a concern
  • I agree with Mon.

Great news @efavell02!!!!

I had an ultrasound today and everything looks good, heart rate was 168, which is right in the middle of where they want it. I'm finally starting to let my guard down a little bit here!

I have to figure out what my game plan is. My RE is also an OB, so I could stick with her after I graduate (I don't get released for another 4 weeks until I'm cleared from the progesterone). Or, I could go back to my old OB who is also in the same practice. The problem is that I moved and neither deliver in the hospital near me that I would prefer to deliver in, so now I'm in a conundrum. Switch Drs or switch delivery hospitals...
  • @efavell02 Great news! I just graduated as well! Not sure what I'll do with myself without the frequent check-ins..

Is anybody else feeling it's just not REAL? I had my second ultrasound today, and (besides the symptoms), I am having a problem believing there is really a baby in there. I'm glad I got the visual proof, at least... Any tips to help it sink in?
    Midwest Momma to be + Dog Mom to Riley, Beagle/Boxer/Snarfer
    Baby Blob due Oct 7!
    PAIF 2+ years!
  • Monday works for me too.

@efavell02 so exciting!!!!

@zwink1 how far from you is the hospital that your RE delivers in? And is it just the distance that bothers you or are you not crazy about the hospital in general?

@cirrra I still feel like that but I'm only a little over 4 weeks. I feel like it'll sink in more when I see the first ultrasound. I've started reading pregnancy books again and that helps it sink in a bit.

AFM: the RE called to schedule my first ultrasound today!! March 13!! It can't get here quick enough.
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @circa, yeah, me too. I think it hit a little harder today since this was our first US, but it hasn't felt really real at all.

@shortstack930, the one I originally planned on delivering at is 12 miles from our house. The others are 24 or 33 miles, so at least double, but not crazy far either way. It's not just the distance. The one close to me isn't even the closest hospital, but it has a great reputation, isn't crazy busy, and has a lot of options. I admittedly haven't done enough research on the other two, but one is crazy busy all of the time in their LD area (partially because it's very recently remodeled), and the other I know next to nothing about. My RE/current OB's office is super close to my work though, which makes appointments very convenient. 
  • @zwink1 - YGPM.  B)
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @cirrra same here. It really hit when we saw the 1st u/s, but the length between appointments now (2 weeks feels like a long time!) makes it seem less real. I just feel lazy for being so tired, and have to remind myself it’s for a good cause, lol! So, no tips, but I can relate? 
  • @efavell02 so excited for you to see your little bean!  Can’t believe you already graduated from your RE. The bigger question.... did you graduate from progesterone? :)

@cirrra yes I didn’t have the reaction to the us that I thought I would. I can see visual proof but still feels unreal, distant even. Dunno if it’s bc my constant nausea has made it hard to concentrate or enjoy anything. My DH said he smiled when he heard the HB so that makes me happy. 

me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @zwink1 I would say do some more research on the hospitals first. As long as they have a good NICU and good policies regarding laboring and breastfeeding, then I would say stick with whichever doctor you’re more comfortable with. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• I’m tired of being sooo tired! I work night shift, so I’m already tired a lot of the time and now it’s to the point where I’m feeling like I don’t contribute to the family. DH is doing so much right now. 

But Im booked for an U/S next Thursday, and I’m hoping that will help make the exhaustion and nausea seem worth it - because there will be a “real” baby then (if that makes sense). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @northbeach3 I graduated from the progesterone! I feel really nervous about it though :/

anyone else on here stopping progesterone supplements after Ivf or iui?
    me: 30   dh: 31
    dx: unexplained
    TTC since May 2016
    MC November 2016
    Summer 2017, started IUI
    IUI #1 - natural, BFN
    IUI #2 - clomid + trigger, BFN
    IUI #3 - femara + trigger, BFN
    IUI #4-6 - femara + follistim, BFN
    IVF #1 January 2018: 11 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 1 transferred day 5, 1 frozen embryo
    5dt Jan. 18, BFP 9dpt, EDD 10/6/18

• @efavell02 I’m on progesterone until week 10... I wasn’t originally on it though (I was lucky and letrozole and TI worked), but when I had to have surgery at five and a half weeks, they started me on it as a precaution. I still have a couple of weeks to go and am already nervous at the thought of stopping it
  • Hey ladies. I recognize some of you from TTC. I was formally dxd with PCOS in October after 7mos of TTC and two CPs. Was put on Metformin and 4mos later here we are. I’m still very nervous and cautiously optimistic. Hoping for a rainbow at the end of this 11mo storm. 
  • Hi ladies - just wanted to introduce myself here.  I've been (semi) active before on both TTGP and TTTC in the past but took a long hiatus when infertility was getting me down.  After more than 3 years of trying we got our first BFP February 5 after our FET.  Had our first ultrasound on Wednesday and saw our little bean and the flutter of the heartbeat.  Still feeling nervous about the whole thing - I'm doing progesterone suppositories and every so often I will get brown tinged discharge (probably from irritation) and it freaks me out.  Thankfully I'm still nauseated and tired with sore breasts so I get some reassurance from that!

So glad to have a group of ladies who have struggled to be here and who share the same fears and anxieties as I do about early pregnancy!

Married since 2011

TTC since Oct 2014
    DOR + MFI
    3 failed IUIs; IVF August 2017
    FET January 2018 - BFP