September 2018 Moms

FFCF 2/23

Flame Free Confession Friday - confess away, but remember, it's pretty much never actually flame free!

Re: FFCF 2/23

• Loading the player...
  • @ashh2018 I think it’s different to say “I’m sad that I’m having a boy” than “I’m sad I’m not  having a girl”. It sounds like you mean the latter. You seem excited for your baby boy, just sad you’re not experiencing having a baby girl. 

I have no confessions right now. 
  • @ashh2018 you are not alone! My sisinlaw recently struggled the same way and only shared with a close friend or two, now that her little man is here she couldn’t be happier. 

I will prolly be in the same boat if this is a girl... ;) This is my last and I really want dh to have a son! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @SkilledSailor you’re absolutely right, and I don’t know why I didn’t think to put it that way in my head. Changing that around does make me feel a little better. 
  • @ashh2018 completely normal! I had it in my head that first pregnancy was a boy and it took some time to process that she was a she. It wasn't that I didn't want a girl, I just always pictured my first being a little boy. Now of course I could imagine it any other way, but it took processing.
  • @ashh2018 no judgment from me! I've not been shy about admitting I would prefer another boy over a girl (really to the point of not wanting a girl.....). Don't feel bad. You envisioned a certain life and now it's changed. That's totally understandable.
  • Just thought of a super lame confession. I still look up how to spell February. It's a weird word y'all. 
    You are my people cause I do the same.
  • Just thought of a super lame confession. I still look up how to spell February. It's a weird word y'all. 
    This. And I always have to think out Wednesday.
  • stothi said:
    Just thought of a super lame confession. I still look up how to spell February. It's a weird word y'all. 
    You are my people cause I do the same.
    I also have problems with Wednesday.

@ashh2018 I felt very similarly after finding out I was having a boy last time.  For some reason I was convinced it was a girl and I was so excited about that.  It took me a few days to get excited about a boy.  But now I can't decide if I hope the second is a girl or another boy.

• @SkilledSailor omg, thats awful.  Your poor husband.
  • @DanyTargaryen that's EXACTLY what I do too!!
  • ashh2018ashh2018 member
    edited February 2018
    Thank you everyone. @stothi your response, and dream about your little boy brushing your hair, is my new “why am I crying today” haha. I have friends who are boy moms and they have the cutest, sweetest, grossest mom stories, and I really can’t wait. I totally agree with not liking when ppl say that they’re basically trying until they get what they want. 

ETA I sing the alphabet when I’m alphabetizing things. 
  • @ashh2018 Is it humanly possible to "say" the alphabet? I can't do it. And I alphabetize daily (and multiples times a day most days).

Being a boy mom is totally gross (unless he's like my DS and kinda obsessed with being clean) but boys love their mamas in the most amazing way. It's priceless.
  • @danytargaryen Imma blame it on my southern accent but I do not pronounce either of those words the way they are spelled. I say Wednesday like "Whensday" and February like "Feb-u-wary". 
    This. And I always have to think out Wednesday.
    Add library to that list 
  • @danytargaryen Imma blame it on my southern accent but I do not pronounce either of those words the way they are spelled. I say Wednesday like "Whensday" and February like "Feb-u-wary". 
    I don't pronounce them like that! I just sound them out like that for spelling purposes. Pronunciation they definitely come out more like Feb-u-ary and your Whensday.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • So I don't know whether to post this here or why my pregnant self is crying but here goes. My FFFC is that I really wish my mom would come over to vacuum my house and do some of our laundry without me asking her to. She did this fairly regularly during my first pregnancy without me asking and she made mention of it when I told her I was pregnant again that she would. I typically hate asking for people to do stuff like this for me, but our laundry is piling  up and I don't have the time or energy to get it all done by myself. It's 100% ridiculous and selfish of me, but I kind of wish she would do what she says she would do every once in a while. Might be talking to H about hiring someone to do this for us on occasion... flame away, I know this is awful.
  • @nlc8424 eh, it's only mildly awful ;)  I figure if people offer it's ok to be a little bent out of shape if they don't deliver. If she hadn't offered, I'd think it was really presumptuous of you to want her to do those things, but she offered. I get real upset with people when they offer to help when my husband is traveling and then they don't. It's so much easier to know you are on your own from the beginning then to get your hopes up for help and be let down.
    As far as hiring someone goes, if you can afford it, do it. Do. It. When my son was about 4 months old we hired a morning nanny to watch him and help do dishes, baby laundry and clean the floors. It was a lot of money but it was a life and sanity saver worth every penny. My son doesn't freaking sleep and we were dying from exhaustion and drowning in house work we couldn't get to. Hiring help if you can afford is so very much worth it.
  • @stothi I completely agree that it's worth hiring when you can. My son is really low sleep needs and typically doesn't go to bed until 830 and is up by 630/645, and only naps an hour a day. So my time to get stuff done is extremely limited. When my mom regularly watched DS she would clean up around the house and do dishes and everything and I always told her to stop since she was doing enough already. She is going to come over this weekend to play with DS so H and I can clean, so that'll be good.
  • @ashh2018 with our first I really wanted a girl and DH really wanted a boy. It definitely took a few weeks for him to come around to the idea of having a daughter. Now that she is here and has a personality, he wants another girl “just like her.” I always wanted a girl and was worried that if we had a boy first, we could end up with 2-3 boys. Now my nephew keeps peeing through his diaper and all over everyone and my hope for a girl is even stronger.

my FFSC (at this point): I haven’t pointed it out to DH that even if we have another girl, it is highly unlikely that she will be just like DD. Also once every 2 weeks or so I get 2 pieces of salmon sushi and enjoy every single bite.