October 2018 Moms

First week of October DD (1-7) check-in 2/22

When are you due?

How are you feeling?

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound?

Any questions or concerns?

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? 
BabyFruit Ticker  

Re: First week of October DD (1-7) check-in 2/22

• When are you due?
    10/4 based on LMP
    How are you feeling?
    Much better now thanks to the morning sickness medication. I can actually function! I still crave sleep!
    Monday 2/26! I am so stinking excited :) 

I loved binge watching Gilmore Girls on maternity leave with DS2. I'm currently watching Parenthood, Jane the Virgin, and This is Us on a rotation.
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • When are you due?

10/3

How are you feeling?

Pretty good.  The nausea returned earlier this week, but seems to be fading out again. 

My next appointment is with a genetic counselor on 3/13. Given my age, Downs Syndrome is a concern. 

My next OB appointment is on 3/23, which will be my first opportunity to hear the fetal heartbeat. 

I’m starting to freak out about childcare. When did you all start looking for daycare?  How did you choose between an in-home daycare vs. a daycare center?  (Maybe I should start a thread just for this...)

I don’t watch a lot of TV, but my taste tends to go between sci-fi/fantasy and crime drama.  Dr. Who, Torchwood, Charmed, Lost Girl, NCIS, Bones
  • Loading the player...
  • When are you due?

10/5 based on LMP

How are you feeling?

honestly, pretty terrible. I had a bit of "morning" sickness with my other pregnancies, but nothing at all like this. I have a nurse only appointment today though and will be able to discuss it and hopefully get something to help manage it. luckily my husband is the best, because I am just surviving through work and then pretty much useless the rest of the time, so he is managing everything (and our four kids) at home.

first OB appointment/ultrasound is March 20

I love the Blacklist, and Jason and I have been watching a lot of Swamp People and Moonshiners lately :)

• When are you due? Oct. 5, although I had confusing OPKs, so may be a couple days behind

How are you feeling? Ugh - the nausea just doesn't stop. I know I'm lucky that I'm not vomiting, but this is still getting to be rather trying. Last week the nausea would go away when I ate, which I could manage, but this week it's just always there. Also, I've already had to buy new bras, because I've gone from a 34D to 34DD in just a few weeks (that and they hurt so much I couldn't stand the wires)

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First official u/s is on Feb 26 (although I did have one in the hospital just before surgery, but it was too early to see the heartbeat, just saw the yolk sac), first midwife appointment is March 7.

Any questions or concerns? I'm still having trouble with anxiety around potential loss - having to have surgery at 5 and a half weeks increased my risk, and as much as everything has been fine lately (just a bit of spotting in the week after the surgery), I feel like I'm just waiting for the next bad thing to happen.

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? Definitely Grey's Anatomy :)
  • When are you due?
    Oct 5th

How are you feeling? 
    I have ups and downs.  Yesterday I had more energy than I've had in the last few weeks and I think I did too much at home, now I'm exhausted again.  I'll have a day where I'm nauseous all day for the most part and then a day or too without much nausea.  Indigestion is coming and going too.  Still sore nipples, boobs are feeling huge, peeing constantly, moody.   

Tuesday 2/27!  This is our second u/s and I'm really anxious to get another look at LO to confirm everything is okay.  *TW loss* this weekend marks us passing the point where I started the miscarriage process in Nov.  Getting past this weekend is a huge mental hurdle for me and I think I might finally start to relax.  *end TW*  

GTKY: favorite TV show or series?  I'm actually watching all of the original X File right now and I'm super into it! DH and I really like Legion, Stranger Things, and I watch a lot of Nova.   
  • When are you due?
    10/7 based on LMP

How are you feeling?
    Nauseous which is totally new to me, felt fine with my other two, headaches on and off, simultaneously feel starving and completely repulsed by food ALL day every day, just super low energy

Monday, 2/26

Moms of 3, how do you do it?? I’m getting some major anxiety just trying to picture life with 3 little ones!!

Walking Dead, Greys Anatomy, just finished Marvelous Mrs. Maisie and it was SO GOOD!!
  • When are you due? 10/3

How are you feeling? Pretty good - I actually feel pretty symptom free right now other than being tired 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? 4 days! Show me my baby!

Any questions or concerns? So I think we are going to be moving this summer - and not locally so it will be a big move. Two kiddos and at least 6 months pregnant doesn’t sound fun
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • mwmiller4mwmiller4 member
    edited February 2018
    This whole thing need a *TW* sorry

When are you due? 10/6 but the dating scan put me back at 10/16 (heart rate 105) which would be fine if I didn’t have a BFP on 1/24 (10dpo). But I did, so there’s no way I’m just 6 weeks. 

How are you feeling? Miserable. I’m nauseous and feel like I’m just waiting for the embryo to die at this point. I’m so sad we’re going through this AGAIN and that I have to feel this bad for nothing. I got a flat tire on the way to daycare/work and am officially Debbie downer today (wah wah) 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Tuesday afternoon to see if anything has changed. 

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? Gilmore girls or 30 Rock
  • When are you due?
    10/1
    How are you feeling?

Pretty good this week, haven't woken up to eat for the past two days, starvation seems to have calmed, I have stayed up till nearly 10 every day this week! I hope this isn't a bad sign.

Still waiting for my 2/28 nurse appointment.

Concerned I can't hide my belly anymore as I've already been accused of being pregnant and I don't want everyone knowing.

I watch a lot of TV. GOT, Chuck, Weeds, Eureka, The Originals, TVD, The Magicians. 

• When are you due? Oct. 5, although I had confusing OPKs...
    I’m so glad I’m not the only one who experienced this.  Everything I read was so certain about the OPKs, but when I did them the last cycle, I had one that was almost positive like five days before I was supposed to ovulate.  I trusted my gut and ignored it.  I ended up ovulating a day later than I expected as confirmed by both OPK, temps, and the fact that I actually got pregnant (I only had one shot at my window).
  • @mwmiller4 you've been on my mind since I saw your U/S update. I hope things are different on Tuesday! 

TW 
    I am actually sitting at the OB now to do bloodwork. I started bleeding today so hoping I have good numbers. I won't find out until tomorrow. I was hoping they would just do an U/S but since I have one scheduled for this coming Monday they didn't offer it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited February 2018
    @Gizmo1231 and @mwmiller4 I'm thinking of both of you and wishing you the best!

ETA @diaphena too!
  • @mwmiller I'm in the same boat as you right now. *TW* My ultrasound last Friday showed baby measuring 5w5d with a heartbeat when I should have been 7w3d by my calculation. They gave me a due date of 10/14, and DH and I were wracking our brains trying to remember if we just totally forgot about any sex around the appropriate time. But I went back to see when I would have ovulated for that due date, and I realized it wasn't possible because I got a BFP on 1/20. When I called back and explained this my doc told me to have another ultrasound, and I'm waiting on that to get scheduled.  I keep wavering back and forth between little glimmers of hope and just feeling really down about it. *end TW* Anyway, all that long story to say I feel for you and will be keeping you in my thoughts.

@Gizmo1231 FX for you, hang in there.

Sorry y'all, I'll do a real check in later today! I'm on mobile while I'm on my lunch break at work and it is hard to navigate on my phone.
  • @mwmiller4 & @Gizmo1231 - Keeping you both in my thoughts.  
  • @Gizmo1231 I’m so sorry!!! the no ultrasound offer makes me real stabby on your behalf. I don’t like making scenes but I would be happy to yell at people to make the ultrasound happen. 

@diaphena I’m so sad we’re both part of this crappy club. My Ob and two good friends who are Obs said to be cautiously optimistic about it but I’m really not. I’m firm on the dates and the u/s looked SO different from DD’s at 7w1d that I sincerely doubt it was mostly a measuring error.
  • @knottieamusements I used them for months with no issue, but this month I had a positive with temp spike the following day, but a few more days of borderline positive tests and continued high temps

@Gizmo1231 @mwmiller4 @diaphena Sorry you guys are having to deal with this :(
  • @mwmiller4 FX for you Tuesday! Keep us updated! 
  • When are you due? Oct 7th 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Was hungry for dinner but just wasn't feeling it. Ended up eating and felt better. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Tuesday we hopefully get to hear the heartbeat! 

Any questions or concerns? My uterus stretching little cramps went away. I am hoping that is a good thing but there is always that little bit of doubt! 

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? I love TV! Big Bang Theory, Survivor, amazing race, Kevin probably saves the world, stranger things, counting on... So many more. 
  • When are you due?
    October 4th

How are you feeling?
    A bit nauseous, so so so tired, hungry all the time, anxious, excited, tired! 

Tomorrow!! Feeling nervous and hopeful!

Just trying to remember we are all different and I shouldn’t compare myself to others!

GTKY: favorite TV show or series?  Right now “The Good Place”
  • When are you due? 10/7

How are you feeling? Eh. Tired and hungry all the time. Boobs hurt and my emotions are all over the place. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? First appointment and ultrasound was Monday :) Now I have to wait until March 19th. So far away!

Any questions or concerns? Not really. I'm surprised I haven't had any MS but I read I shouldn't be worried about that. I guess that and some on/off cramping worries me in the back of my mind. I probably won't feel at ease until this trimester is over.

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? Anything on HBO! Guilty pleasures are One Tree Hill, TVD, The Originals, and Glee. I wish there was another season of Gilmore Girls. Lately been watching a lot of New Girl.
  • When are you due?    10/2

How are you feeling?  Tired all the time.

Tomorrow morning!

Any questions or concerns? Just anxious for my appointment in the morning. Hoping everything looks good.

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? I don't get to watch a lot of tv but I love big bang theory, anything crime related, and hospital/medical dramas.
  • @Gizmo1231  @mwmiller4 @diaphena fingers crossed for all of you!!! ❤
  • When are you due? 10/3

How are you feeling? Okay. Had a pretty gnarly cold over the weekend, so trying to pretend I have some energy again. Also wondering why the naseua is increasing. Bleh. 

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? For sure 2nd u/s (and first midwife appt) is 3/1. Trying to decide if I should keep the other u/s with me RE on 2/27. Seems silly to do them 2 days apart, but...

Any questions or concerns? See above, I guess. Appointment thoughts, anyone? 

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? I love Psych and Scrubs! For new ones, probably the Good Place. 

@Gizmo1231 @mwmiller4 @diaphena so sorry you’re going through this. Keeping fx for you ladies! <3 
  • Thanks all  <3 I really appreciate this group and I feel bad for being a downer, but it is so nice being able to talk to people who understand.

When are you due? Oct 2nd

How are you feeling? Not bad. Symptoms are getting gradually more intense but I am managing, and feeling lucky that I'm not nauseous enough to get sick (knock on wood). Emotionally I'm on a bit of a rollercoaster, obviously, but to be honest, most days I am okay. I have great support from DH and my best friend.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? Ultrasound scheduled for 3/14 but they are trying to see if I can get worked on earlier. My OB ordered it for around 3/5 but their schedule was really full.

Any questions or concerns? Nothing today.

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? For current shows, I'm also loving The Good Place. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is awesome too. My favorite show ever is Parks and Rec. @KFrob DH and I love Legion also, it is so weird and good!
  • *TW*

Went for my appointment this morning and i thought I would have been 8 weeks 4 days and I'm measuring 6 weeks 1 day. The Dr said everything looked good and there's a heartbeat and it's because my cycles are not normal due to my PCOS but I can't help but work because the time line just doesn't seem to add up. Hopefully I'm just over thinking it.  

*end TW
  • @nmadjeski FX for you that you were just later than you thought. If worry is driving you crazy (like it was for me) don't hesitate to ask your doc about it again, or to ask for another ultrasound later. I wasn't sure I should since no one seemed worried but me, but I'm glad I spoke up. My doctor was very understanding of my concerns.

@Gizmo1231 Hooray for good labs! I will be thinking of you on Monday!
  • When are you due? October 1.

How are you feeling? Meh? General discomfort, food aversions, and tiredness 100% of the time.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? My first one was on Wednesday of this week and everything is smooth sailing! My next appointment is on 3/22/18.

Any questions or concerns? Trying to remain positive that I heard a healthy heartbeat and my bean is growing at the normal pace. Feels like I'll never stop worrying about having a miscarriage.

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? This is tough! Favorite of all time is definitely Parks and Recreation. Presently, I'm totally enamored with This is Us. All. The. Feels.
  • @Gizmo1231 your update made my day!!! I hope Monday is just as wonderful!

@nmadjeski oh no! I’m so sorry you’re part of the stressing out about dates club! FX that you did ovulate later and everything is right on track ❤️
  • @diaphena @mwmiller4 Thank you both! The Dr told me not to worry but of course I am. I go back in two weeks to discuss my bloodwork and take another look. 

@Gizmo1231 that's great! FX for you for Monday!!
  • I also want to add that now this baby's due date in the same due date my son had - 10/18. 
  • @mwmiller4 I could've wrote your exactly response. I'm in the same situation as you almost day for day.

When are you due?
    October 6 based upon my ovulation date and charting. I got my BFP on 1/25 and last week I was measuring 5w4d when I should've been 6w4d. Today I went in for my u/s and I should've been measuring 6w6d (based upon the last u/s dating, it would've been 7w6d based upon my ov date) and I was measuring 6w1d with a 112 hb. I'm not feeling too confident as I know my dates are spot on.

How are you feeling?
    I think just nervous about this next u/s but most of my symptoms have almost disappeared and just today have started slowly reappearing with random times of slight nausea or loss of appetite

in 10 days, feels like forever

Any questions or concerns? Nothing I can do to change this outcome. It's just so annoying having to wait.

GTKY: favorite TV show or series?  Too many to list but almost everything on Netflix (OITNB, Love, Master of None), GOT, Insecure, Homeland, Billions, RHONY/OC/BH

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @awknyc it breaks my heart that you’re also here. From what they said at my appointment, it sounds like reasonable growth and a good heart beat for size—so that’s promising and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

I want to punch the anxiety in the face. I was talking to a friend who just had her 6th failed IVF cycle (they have an 18 month old from one that worked) about how stupid this whole biological process is. And how there’s nothing more that she (and I) would like than to say “let’s have another baby!” Get pregnant and then have said baby. Anyway, I’m so sorry you’re stuck in shitty limbo right now and I hope those 10 days don’t feel like an eternity  :s 
  • When are you due? October 2

How are you feeling? Nauseous. Morning are okay, afternoons suck. Tired, very tired.

When is your first/next appointment/ultrasound? I had my first one this past Tuesday, my next on is March 20th.

Any questions or concerns? I’m a little more relaxed after my first ultrasound now that I know it’s a viable pregnancy. But still anxious about something going wrong.  

GTKY: favorite TV show or series? Law and Order SVU
  • @knottieamusements I would look at daycare options ASAP. The waitlists are ridic. 
  • When are you due? October 7 based on LMP

How are you feeling? Pretty terrible. Nausea, exhaustion, dizziness, headache.

When is your next appointment? March 12.

Any questions or concerns? Feeling incredibly guilty for the way I feel interfering with work and mama duties. As if mom guilt wasn’t bad enough. 

GTKY: I watch too much TV. Like it’s embarrassing. But if I had to choose probably This Is Us, GOT, Parenthood, ER, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Handmaids Tale, The Crown... I could go on. 

For all of you ladies struggling, I am so sorry. I hope you find answers and those answers relieve your anxiety and give you some peace. I’m glad we all have each other to chat with! xo
  • @meltonjl i know what you mean. The mommy guilt is tough. I give what little I have at work and have pretty much nothing left for home. I just keep reminding myself that it is temporary. 
  • When are you due?: October 1
    How are you feeling?: Tired, some waves of nausea and general disinterest in food.
    When is your next appointment?: Next Friday for 1st OB visit
    Any questions or concerns?: I had an ultrasound yesterday to follow up on some spotting 2 weeks ago, and they found a small subchorionic bleed. The NP wasn’t worried and feels it will resolve by 12/13 weeks, but I can’t help but worry.

GTKY: Guilty pleasure is Bachelor. Also love Greys and Top Chef.