September 2018 Moms

Unpopular Opinions 2/22

It's late in the day, but there's still time. Opinions? 

Re: Unpopular Opinions 2/22

• Loading the player...
  • I keep my car doors unlocked so I don't even know if it has an alarm. They are pretty useless though. A good thief can break into a car without setting the alarm off. 

@nlc8424 *gasp* I love that my dogs follow me around. They're both allowed in the bed during the day but not for bedtime. Mostly because we wouldn't all fit. 

I'm tired of The Gaines' and was glad when they decided not to do any more Fixer Upper seasons. 
  • @SkilledSailor I hope your dogs are less intrusive with baby than mine! My dogs used to be my babies, but unfortunately DS's needs come before theirs now. My female dog loves DS, but that also means she's sometimes in the way when I'm trying to get to him. My male dog wishes DS wasn't around, quick unpredictable movements and noise aren't his thing. I wish I still felt the same way about my dogs before baby. But I really only meant that I like them in another room when I'm sleeping because they're noisy in the MOTN if they wake up and are itching or walking around having their collars jingle since I'm a light sleeper.
  • @nlc8424 I know my old dog is great with babies, as I use to take her with me when I was a nanny. New dog, we went through a rescue specifically so we could be sure we got a kid friendly dog. But I'm still reading ALL the "how to introduce your dog to a baby" articles. And yes! I do get what you're saying about them being loud in the MOTN. Ours wake me up sometimes from their sleep talking. 
  • I can't sleep if both my GSPs aren't in bed with me!!! 
  • @Patience7150 LOL I had the exact same thought 
  • I hate makeup and I generally feel like it makes zits worse, frequently makes you look older.

I do use it maybe 4 times per year, weddings, funerals, and some other event that watching my mom get ready for shames me into applying
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Patience7150 hahahahaha I totally agree with the outfits. I do like them though, they just go along with the razzle dazzle of figure skating.

I actually like watching the Olympics through the app because they don't always have announcers. I really just want to watch the people compete
  • @pourmeamocktail totally agree with you!!!! I despise makeup. I have super dry skin so I scratch at my face a lot. It's not worth it for me to put on makeup because I scratch it right off. Just lotion and sunscreen and that's it for me. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• What job requires you to wear makeup!? 

I havent worn worn any for the past few weeks and am very light featured so it does make me look tired and washed out - which is ok by me because that's how I feel. I like feeling authentic
  • @iluvgoldies33 I’m a flight attendant. Extremely antiquated uniform and style requirements. Pantyhose, heels and makeup

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AdmiralKitty That makes me sad for you. This is one of those times I appreciate Facebook with the ability to apply multiple emotions to a post, not just a love tit. I would give that one a sad face.

I'm assuming it's all part of and tied in with the uniform? It seems silly to me in this day and age that there's not a trouser option for the ladies. Otherwise, the job sounds interesting.But I bartend and waitress, and the thought of heels on the job...
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AdmiralKitty how late in pregnancy can you work until? 
  • @pourmeamocktail there are definitely multiple trouser/shirt options. It’s really not that bad. The uniform requirements have gotten less strict and more modern in the 10 years since I’ve been flying. We only have to wear heels in the terminal- once we’re on the plane it’s comfy flats for sure. It’s an odd combination of waitress/bartender/EMT/therapist/Fire and Rescue. It’s a great way to lose all faith in humanity though. People are awful and disgusting. The few pleasant gems that say please and thank you, my amazing coworkers, and the travel perks make it worth it. 

@born2run911 we have to stop by 28 weeks according to our company’s rules. I’m currently on 3 months off so I’ll fly a little in April and May but I’m hoping to be off after that. 

• @AdmiralKitty Oh good, OK, that sounds better. Scared me for a minute there, but yes, I meet both the best and worst of humanity in my job too.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AdmiralKitty was just asking out of plain curiosity. 28 weeks seems so early but I suppose it would be hard to help in an emergency any later on. Is there something else they have you do until the end? 
  • @born2run911 exactly. Also, the carts we use for beverage service are 200-300lbs. I’ve hurt myself getting those out while not pregnant. With my last pregnancy I worked at HQ but this time that’s not an option so I’m not sure what will happen. Ideally, for me, I’ll just be off without pay.