May 2018 Moms

Weekly Check-in 2/20 First week of May: 4/29 - 5/5

Weekly check in for people who are due the first week of May: 4/29-5/5

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: Did you keep anything from your childhood that you plan on passing down to your little ones?

Re: Weekly Check-in 2/20 First week of May: 4/29 - 5/5

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    30 weeks 4 days, April 27, a zucchini?? 

Lightening crotch aplenty. 
    Insomnia with a side of heartburn
    But also... Feeling so excited to be getting closer to meeting this baby! 

not this week

GTKY: Did you keep anything from your childhood that you plan on passing down to your little ones?
    i kept my Cabbage Patch doll, plenty of books and for some reason I think I still have my Furby...you know.. Just in case I want to scare my kids lol 
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 30+1, Due 4/30 and baby girl is the size of a zucchini.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 4 day work week!  Feeling big.  I have a hard time getting up from a seated or laying down Rant- getting up today after a 4 day weekend was rough.  Rave- the baby's room is finished and I am going to sort our hand-me-down clothes today!

Any upcoming appointments? March 1 with my OB

I didn't keep anything, but I found the same bear I had as a child for DS and I found the same bunny for this baby.  

@onesmallcoconut my cousin found her Furby when they were cleaning out their house and it still works!  We were messing with it at Christmas this year and DS thought it was hilarious.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @mileswithmyles congrats on getting the baby's room done!!
    Haha I'm glad others kept their Furby too. I'm thinking with a fresh pair of batteries it will be up and running and creeping people out  lol 
  • How far along are you?  30wks 1day
    When is your due date?
    May 1st (though I will have a scheduled csection so this could change)
    What's the size of your LO?
    Just under 3 pounds

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Work last week was crazy and then DH worked all weekend. So, This week we are going to see a movie on Friday and getting our room rearranged for the baby.

Any upcoming appointments? I have an appt tomorrow. I passed my glucose last appt and got the rhogam shot, so this one should be uneventful. I can't believe I am being see every 2 weeks now!

I have a lot of dresses my mom kept, though baby boy may not appreciate those. Both of my daughters have worn them though. Unfortunately, DH's house burnt down before we were together and most of his family artifacts went with it. My dad has some items little boy can have when he is older. Watch, art, family albums. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?  30 weeks today!  Zucchini, may 2nd. 

I’m getting uncomfortable!  I don’t recall feeling like this with ds, perhaps I blocked it out.  I don’t get much sleep because my hips hurt when I lay on my side. And the heartburn.  Maybe this one will come with a gorgeous mop of hair like my first.  
    I put up a decal in the nursery, it’s 8 birch trees. I have the leaves and owls left to do.  So far I love it.  

I see my low risk clinic tomorrow.  No test results to review so I expect a quick in and out. 

My mom kept some baby blankets and a few dresses.  DH tried to pass on a ratty, dirty old teddy bear to ds.  No.  His dad said it’s an antique.  No.  
  • @onesmallcoconut sorry about the lightning crotch, I have yet to experience that.  It’s hard to believe we have less than 10 weeks to go!  I know time is going to speed up now :)

@mileswithmyles yay for sorting through baby clothes!  Half of ds wardrobe is hand me downs, I love free/cheap clothing!

@lady_mormont18 I don’t know, your baby boy might love dresses!  It’s hard to get ds out of his cousin’s dresses when I try them on him :)
  • edited February 2018
    @squashandlaces lucky gal! I can tell you it's not fun lol stops me in my tracks. sorry to hear about your lack of sleep. I'm in that boat too. I don't know about you but for me it doesn't seem to matter if I try to go to bed early either - still just as tired. 
  • @squashandlaces I didn’t have heartburn last time and I do this time. I’m ready for it to stop any time!
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?  30+1, zucchini

I had two weird episodes where I felt like I was going to pass out and broke out into a cold sweat, but other than that just enjoying all the other things like insomnia, constipation, heartburn, backache, etc. 

I saw my midwife on Tuesday and told her about the episodes I had. She said if it happens again they’ll refer me to a cardiologist. Other than that baby boy sounded good and my giant ute is still measuring 6 weeks ahead.

I think I have one baby blanket that my
    mom managed not to leave with an ex boyfriend.
  • @squashandlaces the hip soreness is awful! I haven’t had it yet this time but I remember it with DD2... as if you need one more thing to keep you awake!
  • @MissusTexas FX for no other incidents. 
  • @MissusTexas oh dear, hoping for no more episodes for you! 
  • How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?
    29+5 with my 30w-ish appointment tomorrow. EDD 5/5, size of squash or something now?

I get exhausted easily now, my tailbone hurts after sitting on my office chair all day. I'm scarfing down sweets like an absolute pig!

Tomorrow! So happy to have every two week appointments now instead of monthly.

No, I figured it would be much easier to just buy everything new instead.
    My TTC journey:
    Me and DH: 30-35
    Unexplained infertility
    TTC #1 since 2015
    11/2015 - BFP!     12/2015 - MC  :'(
    IVF #1 July 2017 freeze all (20 eggs, 15 mature, 10 fert, 6 blasts, 4 PGS normal)
    FET #1 TBD  Surprise BFP 9/2017 while waiting for FET... hoping for the best!

Pregnancy Ticker