Infertility

Introducing Myself

Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and just learning the lingo, but I want to say that I am so relieved to have found this! Just reading some of the stories on here let me know that other people are going though the same thing that I am. My DH and I have not shared our struggles with many because it seems to add an extra layer of pressure to the situation.

I am 32 and DH is 31 and we have been TTC for 20 months. It's been a frustrating experience and we are at the point where we have done some tests and don't have a clear picture of the problem. It hasn't been officially diagnosed as unexplained infertility, but it seems like that's where it's headed.

At this time we have tried Femara (7 months with no success) and I am currently in the 2ww after the first round of Ovidrel with Femara (no IUI). If we don't have success this time, the plan is to do Ovidrel and Femara again and either try naturally or do IUI. 

Anyway, that's where we are at right now and I look forward to supporting you all on your journey and keeping you updated on mine!

Re: Introducing Myself

• Welcome and sorry to hear the troubles you're going through. Wishing you best of luck on your journey and FX for a successful cycle ahead! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Welcome and good luck with your 2ww. Be kind to yourself and keep busy during this period. I am new here too!
    Me: 39 DH: 38
    TTC since 2015 - low ovarian reserve
    March/April 2017 IVF #1 - 2 eggs retrieved - 2 fertilized - 0 blasts transferred/frozen
    May/June 2017 IVF #2 - 2 eggs retrieved - 2 fertilized - 1 blast frozen
    July 2017 FET - BFN
    October 2017 IVF #3 - 7 eggs retrieved - 6 fertilized - 2 transferred - 1 blast frozen - BFN
    February 2018 - FET - BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! It's hard to remember to not feel like it is my fault that I haven't gotten a BFP yet, but your words are a reminder!
  • Thank you! Already such a relief to have people to communicate with about these things!!
  • Welcome and good luck!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Welcome! I'm sorry you're here, but these ladies are awesome. I assume you're working with an RE? How many months did he/she say you'd do femara? Seven seems like quite a few (especially after TTC for over a year on your own). What testing have you had done? FX your stay here is short! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Welcome!! Sorry you’re here with us IFers but I’ll tell you one thing I don’t think i could live without this place since I found it