September 2018 Moms

Weekly randoms 2/19

2»

Re: Weekly randoms 2/19

• @nlc8424
    So..fancy lettuce. I can’t decide which she spent more time on. Making leafy greens sound fancy or cleaning them up from the floor. I’ve fed lots of six month olds and have not seen a single one eat a salad. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @SkilledSailor I'm not sure if you caught my whole post since TB ate the last part when I originally posted it. She clarified the baby ate grass!
  • @nlc8424 Hahahaha no I missed that part. Ded! That I have seen six month olds eat. 
  • DD was sleeping through the night just fine and always went down to bed without a hitch... until this week. Monday night she woke up MOTN, Tuesday it took an hour to get her to go down and she woke up 30 min early, and last night it took her a half hour to go down and she woke up MOTN again. She keeps falling asleep in my arms (CIO wasn’t working) but if I put her in her crib she wakes up. Needless to say, I am le tired. Also I really have to pee (she’s sitting on my bladder).
  • @yogapants247 I can imagine how excited you are to see family this weekend and maybe get to see baby! I just started vomiting last week with my MS and it did make a huge difference for H understanding how I am feeling. With that in mind, still think I would choose just nausea over the vomiting. 

@yosemite2018 I hope DD goes back to sleeping well soon. I know that has to be rough for you, especially when you are already exhausted.
  • @yosemite2018 could it be teething? I know ds will be miserable then a week or two later he's fine and a tooth comes through
  • @spottedginger she’s 15 mo. We finally got through leap 9 and she was sleeping really well. 

@ble1 it likely is teething. Nursing has been hurting lately and in the past that’s meant teething. I haven’t seen any teeth coming through but she hasn’t had one in a while so I wouldn’t be surprised. I will try to check tomorrow and if it is teething I might try Tylenol before bed tomorrow.

@klj0228 thanks!
  • @yosemite2018 15 month sleep regression is totally a thing! You'll get though it, just be consistent.
  • shellso923shellso923 member
    edited February 2018
    @spottedginger As a phlebotomist myself - I’m sorry that woman is acting like a butcher. Majority of people hate blood draws as is, so when people are rough they give a bad name to us all. On the plus side - 8 vials looks like a lot - I know - but most tubes are less than 5ml which is equivalent to only a teaspoon - so you’re looking at less than 3 tablespoons of blood. However, filling 8 vials feels like the needle is in your arm for an eternity so I sympathize. I hope they don’t need that much blood all of the time.
  • Totally random, non-pregnancy related question: one of my lifelong best friends just got engaged to her boyfriend of 12 years! They never felt compelled to get married for a variety of reasons, but after her father passed away in the fall they started to reconsider. She lives in another state and I want to send her/them something special to congratulate them, especially because they probably won't have a traditional wedding. Thoughts on what I could have sent to them??
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @pourmeamocktail. Thank you for that article!! I may need to share it in and around our fb announcement... plenty of folks will not be impressed we chose to try again. *eyeroll* 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @pourmeamocktail thank you for sharing that beautiful article! 
  • @southernlady07 do you know if your friend will change their last name? One of my favorite gifts my parents gave me was a wooden rack for hanging coats or bags or whatever that said “Smith Family est. 2014”. <— not my last name. Maybe that’s not something she would enjoy, but I’d go for something personal to them.
  • @nlc8424 That's a sweet gift! I doubt she will, but I could definitely do something personalized with their first names!

• https://www.scarymommy.com/what-say-instead-all-i-want-is-healthy-baby/

I just saw this today, and I thought it was a good read for all of us.
    I totally get her point and think it's very nice, but I would feel like a liar saying that. I'm not that zen. I do have a lot of hopes for a healthy child and I'm even enough of a selfish dick to have hopes for a girl this time. I will love my child, boy, girl, intersex, healthy, unhealthy, doesn't matter, I will love them truly and deeply no matter what and of that I have no doubt, but I'm not that right with and trusting in the universe to say I'm cool with whatever I get. I will be very disappointed if there's something "wrong" with my child. I'll still love and care for my child and be the best parent I can be, but I personally would never say that I want any baby in any state.

• @stothi I hear you, and trust me, I want a girl. I don't think that makes you a bad person.

I also know though that if I found out this baby had down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, or like the mom in my previous board a son with half a heart that couldn't live, I would not love them less. I don't think I know of any expecting parent that wants a sick or especially dying baby, but I can't imagine how hard it is for a parent with a special needs child to hear someone say "I just want a healthy baby" either. Not sure that article is the one right answer by any means, but at least thinking and talking about things I figured couldn't hurt.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @spottedginger How did the inspection go?

@southernlady07 My friend group gives newly engaged gift baskets. We had to send one friend hers and just set it all up in a box with that crinkly paper so it wouldn't move much. It usually contains a journal/mini photo album, wedding planning book, wedding magazines, chocolates, nail polish, a bride koozie, and other more specific items depending on who the bride is. One had a "does this ring make me look engaged" mug. 
  • @SkilledSailor I like the idea of a basket! I can do something personalized and then have some other goodies in there. Thanks!

• @skilledsailor It went ok. I finally had to leave after 5 hours because... work.  The inspector was great and very thorough and pointed out lots of things. There is an issue with mold. (White not black). Not super uncommon in the humidity and climate, but the sellers will have to remediate and then we’ll have it reinspected with an air check. Other normal little things like you would expect, too but that was the only major hard stop issue for me. We should have the written report tomorrow. 
  • @spottedginger Whoa, he sounds like a very thorough inspector. Glad it sounds like everything is mostly ok with it!