Infertility

Newbie (child and loss mentioned)

edited February 2018 in Infertility
Hi! My name is Jamie, I'm a 28 year old nursing student. I've been married to my husband for 6 years and we have a 4 year old son. It took us 18 months to conceive him, but we never found out why because the day of my appointment I got a positive pregnancy test. 

I came off bc March 2015 and found out I was pregnant again in September 2016, but miscarried a few days later. We've been going between trying and ntnp since I got off bc. I've been diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease 4 times but have never been positive for STDs so they have no clue what's causing it. 

December 4 I was diagnosed for the 4th time and they also diagnosed me with hydrosalpinx in my right tube. The ultrasound said "similar prominent vasculature on the left" as well, but we don't know for sure if that side is blocked yet. I have had two consults, but the first the office just stopped answering calls or returning them. The second she was an NP and referred me to a doctor. My next appointment is March 26, and I'm pretty terrified that both tubes will be blocked. We're kind of stuck right now on options until we know what's going on. We were advised not to ttc right now until we know if my left tube is blocked since my chances of ectopic pregnancy are higher now.

I'm not necessarily glad to be here, but I'm looking forward to getting support and supporting others on their journey.

Re: Newbie (child and loss mentioned)

• Hey Jamie, sorry you find yourself here <3  It sounds like you've had a tough road already, hopefully you'll find some support here xx I guess you're waiting on results after your appointment in March to decide what way to go forwards? It's really tough when you just don't know what's going on. IF is such a minefield :( Best of luck in your journey <3<3<3
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me 39, DH 40
    Married Oct 2010, TTC ~7yrs
    Seeing RE since Spring 2013
    Clomid - no response
    Letrozole (6 months) 2015 
    Laperoscopy/Hysteroscopy in 2015
    Puregon injectibles + trigger x5 in 2016 - all BFN
    Started IVF March 2017 - 25 follies, 9 eggs, 3 fertilised, 1 survived-> frozen due to hyper stimulation of ovaries
    FET May 16th 2017, BFP May 27th 2017, m/c @ 9wks
    IVF #2 February 2018 - 16 eggs, 8 fertilised, 3 frozen embabies
    Awaiting FET April 2018 - cancelled (cyst)
    FET May 2018, BFP June 2nd 2018, m/c @ 8wks
    FET October 2018 - BFN
    Final FET - late November 2018

• Hi, I'm sorry you've been on such a tough road and find yourself in an unknown situation currently. I hope everything goes well with your appointment and you have some answers for moving forward. Hugs! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, we're pretty much at a standstill right now because the NP recommended we don't try until we know if my left is clear due to the high probability of EP. March 26 will likely be ANOTHER consult, but hopefully from there she will get me set up with an HSG and whatever else she sees fit. The NP brought up endometriosis, so I suspect they may want to do surgery to see about that. 

Thank you ladies for such a warm welcome ♥️
  • Sorry as well. Welcome! Hopefully you will get a protocol soon to move forward

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I'm sorry you're here, but I hope your appointment coming up gets you closer to getting some answers. The hurry up and wait game is definitely not fun. Hope the time passes quickly for you! 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green