October 2018 Moms

Randoms w/o 2/14

2»

Re: Randoms w/o 2/14

• To piggy back on the multiples and missed ultrasounds - my aunt has quads (yes quads!) and it took 3 ultrasounds to track down all the babies. The first they told her she was having twins, the second triplets, and the third they found all 4. It was crazy times! I’m terrified to have more than 1 at a time 
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • fluffy lady here pre pregnancy and thinking about belly pics. DH asked if I wanted to do them and I said yes, but when do I start? LOL I don't want here is one with bloat, oh look more bloat, oh, nope that is just fluffy me. Do i just start now and see the difference (only for DH and I) and only share the ones where you can actually see something?
    I'm taking them now, but just for me, or maybe hubs when I feel like it. I've already got a lovely insulin resistance belly sooo it's mostly just fat. but still kinda fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • @SweetSweetTooth - ciming from a fellow fluffy lady, I'm planning to start taking bump pics at 8 weeks, but I'm definitely not sharing them until it looks like a baby bump! 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @pebbledam feel better soon! The flu and pregnancy sounds like hell.

@jengibre_zorro I dreamed last night I went for my ultra sound and they told me there was 2 or maybe 3 babies in there. I thought “surprise” twins were a thing of the past.

@ a bunch of you. Forget makeup, moisturizer, doing hair, i probably look like death every day and i don’t care. 
  • I feel like such a fatty because I literally eat ALL. DAY. LONG. But it’s in very small
    amounts and I vomit if I don’t eat and then try to eat. I’m sure my super fit coworker thinks I’m a super mess. I haven’t told her I’m PG yet because I don’t know her like that, but she keep giving me looks and when I eat at the worst times. Meanwhile I’m trying to hold in my vomit while she eats fish for lunch for the 4th day in a row...
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited February 2018
    @cdepperschmidt your coworker is judging you for snacking? Pregnant or not, she needs to mind her own B.

Please leave this on HER desk.

• I feel like such a fatty because I literally eat ALL. DAY. LONG. But it’s in very small
    amounts and I vomit if I don’t eat and then try to eat. I’m sure my super fit coworker thinks I’m a super mess. I haven’t told her I’m PG yet because I don’t know her like that, but she keep giving me looks and when I eat at the worst times. Meanwhile I’m trying to hold in my vomit while she eats fish for lunch for the 4th day in a row...
    Your super fit coworker needs to shut her joyless no-pie-allowed hole.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • @hellopartyof5 ugh thank you! I don’t know why I couldn’t find this one this morning!

Question- Bought the U shaped pillow but keep finding myself waking up flat on my back. I’ve always been a back sleeper. Any recs on how else I can force my body to stay on a side?
  • @DunkinDecaf @chopchop25 Did I mention she doesn’t eat sweets? I don’t trust her...
  • @DunkinDecaf @chopchop25 Did I mention she doesn’t eat sweets? I don’t trust her...

• @SweetSweetTooth Last time I started taking them right away at like 4 weeks. But then I kept forgetting and just took them randomly. I was just looking back and then, and honestly there really wasn’t anything to see until nearly six months for me. 

@chopchop25 I don’t think I started using my U pillow until 20-something weeks. I slept on my stomach until then. Back sleeping is still fine for now. Once it’s not, it won’t be comfortable anymore. 
  • @chopchop25 I second what @tinattt23 said about back sleeping. With my first pregnancy  I used to end up on my back...and then at some point during my second trimester I just quit rolling to my back and stayed on my side. It’s crazy that your body just adjusts to it when it needs to! 
  • @hellopartyof5 ugh thank you! I don’t know why I couldn’t find this one this morning!

Question- Bought the U shaped pillow but keep finding myself waking up flat on my back. I’ve always been a back sleeper. Any recs on how else I can force my body to stay on a side?
    No need to worry about that yet. Your body will tell you when you need to start side sleeping. The only worry is that once you’re farther along your uterus will press on major blood vessels when you back sleep. Ute is still pretty lil, obviously, so back sleep while you can!

@DunkinDecaf @chopchop25 Did I mention she doesn’t eat sweets? I don’t trust her...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rhernandezWed59883 this is the newest randoms. Put your question here :) 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Work feels brutal today. I made my lunch and now it sounds disgusting and I am both hungry and nauseous all at the same time. Fun times 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• I am starting to stress about our car situation.  We have a Passat wagon and a Rav 4.  Neither will fit 3 car seats (I'm pretty sure though would love to be corrected!)  My car is a lease which is a pain.  We both need a car with the option for 3 car seats as we alternate pick-ups and drop-offs several times a week. 

I'm so overwhelmed by it.  I feel like I can handle anything... except this.  I just want to wiggle my nose and have an easy (and not to expensive) solution.

image        image

• @lest12 My husband has already started stressing about this too, but the thought of getting 3 children in the car makes me too tired to think about it haha.
  • @lest12 A friend of mine has 3 under 3 and has been able to fit 3 across using Diono car seats in her smaller car. It would be cheap to get 3 new car seats, but cheaper than a new car.
  • kosmo86kosmo86 member
    edited February 2018

• @kosmo86 - Ah, thank you!  I emailed that to my husband.  His car is the Passat (wagon) so he will be happy (he loves his VW's).  We might have to change car seats but like @sawyerrichardson said, way cheaper than a new car!   Great website, too.

It would be so nice to only have to worry about 1 car, not 2.

And @troystory17 - I was just feeling good about mobility with my 2 kids.  I've begun to accept that next winter, I will just never leave the house.

Thank you guys!

image        image

• @zwink1 - YGPM  :)
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Target has baby box subscriptions now!?!?!  All my hopes and dreams have come true! 
  • @chopchop25 Nooooooooooooooo!  Good thing we have time for them to restock  ;)   Also, I cant stop watching that gif
  • I've already fallen into the hole of researching double strollers. Lawwwd help me!
  • I've already fallen into the hole of researching double strollers. Lawwwd help me!
    UGH me too. I have the Britax travel system from DS, and I'm PISSED that you can't attach the infant car seat to their latest double stroller. Apparently what we'll have to do is haul a freaking double BOB everywhere we go with the car seat adapter, or buy a totally different double stroller and a new infant car seat, which sounds excessive. I like my single BOB, so it looks like we'll do that. 
  • @estellegetty Yep. I have no idea what my plan is. Shitty graco double that’ll work with the car seat we already have for $130 or spend serious money on something nice. I’m thinking cheap at lest while #2 is still in the bucket. Then get something nice when I don’t have to worry about identifying seats. Let’s face it, how much do I really think I’ll be getting out those first few months. 
  • Glad im not the only one already thinking about strollers! I brought it up to SO the other night and idk if he hadn't thought about it yet or if he was just in denial about us needing a double stroller but he clearly wasnt ready to discuss it lol 
  • estellegettyestellegetty member
    edited February 2018
    @nmadjeski yeah my husband was all “we have time!” Ummm I remember how long it took me to decided on the first stroller. We have he Cruz which cannot be converted to a double and I don’t want to go with the bigger Vista version. I want something light that a backseat can connect to so I’m thinking the Mountaim buggy Duet. City life is hard and since we don’t have a car my stroller is SUPER important bc we walk most places. 

Double strollers are intense. 

image        image

• @estellegetty exactly! I took for even to decide as well. And I know I'm going to be the same this time around. Its a big purchase and i want to make sure i dont waste money on it! 
  • @estellegetty
    I have been researching too! I am thinking about a stand and sit one. It wouldn't be super convienient the first 3-6 months but A hates the stroller and the thought of spending 1k on a nice stroller she hates anyway is not that exciting. 

https://www.lucieslist.com/best-sit-and-stand-strollers/#caboose

• Also we we supposed to start a new randoms yesterday?

• fluffy lady here pre pregnancy and thinking about belly pics. DH asked if I wanted to do them and I said yes, but when do I start? LOL I don't want here is one with bloat, oh look more bloat, oh, nope that is just fluffy me. Do i just start now and see the difference (only for DH and I) and only share the ones where you can actually see something?

I have the same problem.  I decided not to do week by week photos. Instead, I’m going to treat myself to a real photoshoot sometime in third trimester. I’d rather have one nice set of bump photos that make me feel good about myself than a series of so-so photos that make me feel fat. 
  • kosmo86 said:
    @estellegetty
    I have been researching too! I am thinking about a stand and sit one. It wouldn't be super convienient the first 3-6 months but A hates the stroller and the thought of spending 1k on a nice stroller she hates anyway is not that exciting. 

https://www.lucieslist.com/best-sit-and-stand-strollers/#caboose
    My mom had a stand and sit for her younger two, they're two years apart and it worked really well for them.
  • kosmo86 said:
    Also we we supposed to start a new randoms yesterday?
    Yes. I've been so busy puking I missed it. Sorry, I'll start it now. But if I miss it anyone can start it!
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Ugh double strollers. DS will be almost 3, so I know I want one, but how long will I use it? Should I trade in or sell my single? We rarely use it, we just use the umbrella stroller. I surely don’t need 3.