September 2018 Moms

Weekly randoms 2/19

What is going on this week with everyone?

Re: Weekly randoms 2/19

• Loading the player...
  • @yogapants247 We are also telling my DH's grandparents that they will be great-grandparents for the second time this week! They are going to be SO excited! They live out of town but visit frequently and are wonderful to our DD.

@nlc8424 I met two of my best friends for brunch yesterday and one is single, no kids, not dating anyone. She nannies and has several freelance jobs so she has a lot of flexibility with her schedule and just went to visit a friend out of state for a two week vacation. I had that same thought after I saw her - just how we are in completely different places in life and it can be hard to relate sometimes as a wife/mom who works outside of the home FT. We always end up having a lot to talk about though, and sometimes it is nice to have conversations that don't involve kid talk! 

AFM, other than having family in town my DH and I will be watching The Bachelor tonight  :D and are in the process of redoing our living room area so may do some rearranging with new furniture we ordered. Also, random plug: I've been switching out all of my beauty products for more natural options over the past few years and my friend recommended The Detox Market. You can order samples before you pay full price for an item so I'm testing out some new CC creams this week! 

Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @southernlady07 not having a lot of friends my age who are married with a toddler and both adults work FT is something I struggle with in general. I know that I'm on the younger side at 28 to be married for 3 years with a 20 month old, but my desire to connect with others in a similar situation to be able to get advice or just vent is pretty strong, I just don't know of any mom groups in my area. And despite coming onto a public internet board, I'm not the kind of person who just goes up to someone and sees they have a kid and strikes up a conversation. But I also realize as a FT working mom with a toddler that life is incredibly busy so I don't have a hell of a lot of time to meet new people. So basically, I'm looking for something that doesn't exist haha. 
  • @nlc8424 I totally get where you are coming from - I had a similar timeline as you (married at 25, first child at 26) and none of my close friends had kids at the time. There were a lot of times it felt like I had no one to talk/vent to who understood. It has definitely gotten easier over the years as more of my friends have had kids, but one thing that helped me was joining a local Mom's Group FB page where I could ask questions and get advice, and they had meetups on occasion, too. May be worth doing a little searching to see if there are local groups that do weekend meetups! 

• jhjocelynjhjocelyn member
    edited February 2018
    Would it be appropriate to start an essential oils thread? I’m a cautious curious dabbler in them and would llve to know what others do/plan to do.  o:)

*totally thought i posted this in weekly questions! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• @jhjocelyn I'd like an essential oils thread. I've honestly still been using my diffuser. Actually the only thing I've stopped is putting them on my abdomen. Or in my bath. 
  • @MandyMost ok good haha, I knew it couldn’t be just me lol 
  • @MandyMost @ashh2018 Same!! Literally thought to myself this morning..."does this shirt make me look pregnant? Oh well..."

• I changed my outfit this morning because o looked more pregnant then I am. Last week that outfit was fine. This week, nope. And I'm not quite ready for everyone to know. My office mate, boss and her mom (her parents are the owners of the company) know but that's it. And her mom only knows because she caught me in the midst of a horrible hot flash a few weeks ago and knows that I'm ALWAYS cold. She was joking about it so I confessed. 
  • In the morning I'll put on an outfit, doesn't show bump or bloat at all by the evening I question as to why in the morning I picked it because I have a nice bump/bloat. One day this week I want to take an before coffee/breakfast, before lunch, before dinner, and before bed selfie just so I can laugh at how much of a change it is.

@SkilledSailor Staging an historic house sounds awesome. Do you get new pieces for each project or do you store pieces and switch them out?
  • Most of my tops are pretty flowy (sp?) so I'll have to be pretty far along before anyone *hopefully* thinks I look pregnant. 

@ble1 My staging business owns all of it's own furniture. Occasionally I'll buy new pieces for a specific house but I try to work with what I have. I get new pieces bi-annually as we grow. That's always a SUPER fun shopping trip! 
  • @ashh2018 this morning I asked DH "on a scale of 1 to 10, how pregnant do I look in this outfit?"  The response was "uhhh...4?"  
  • I definitely thought today was Wednesday and have been tripping myself up all day long forgetting that it's Tuesday. Not impressed with today at all. 

I totally pick and choose my outfits based on how pregnant I look, since only one coworker and a manager at two of my locations know currently. I don't tend to dress with form fitting clothes anyway, but I'll probably share the news soon. I'd rather my coworkers realize that I'm pregnant and not just letting myself go, especially considering I'm in the business of helping people lose weight/improve their health.
  • @SkilledSailor I cannot wait to pick your brain on outfitting the new house. Decor is not in my wheelhouse. 
  • @spottedginger Yes! I love talking about home decor! 
  • @SkilledSailor your job sounds awesome! I work in real estate and I’m kind of jealous of our stagers. I know it’s a hard job but it looks like fun!
  • @ashh2018 I've considered getting my real estate license and doing both. Your job looks like fun to me too! 
  • @yogapants247 @SkilledSailor I live in NC too! Moved here 9 years ago for work and met my husband shortly after moving here. 

@pourmeamocktail glad you made it back from your trip safely! How was the trip with two toddlers in the car? I’m sure you were glad to have your friend with you. Were you able to tell any of your family in person that you are pregnant? 
  • @SkilledSailor I’ve been thinking about how I need someone with an eye to help me decorate the house we are buying. I wish I could post a link of just photos without giving my address away :neutral:

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • @kljs1978 It was rough, it was my cousin's ex girlfriend/mother of his child, who I don't know well. We are very different, and she's full of drama and awkward stories. Upside-I wasn't alone. Her toddler won't sleep without a screen on, and mine won't sleep with one, so it was challenging.

Everyone already knew, but it was fun to get some Congrats in person. If they hadn't all known, the road trip would have revealed all-so many potty stops, so little wine. It's almost considered rude to not drink at my family's events. :)
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • knitknitreadknitknitread member
    edited February 2018
    @megnwingate You could download the photos to your phone or computer and then insert only the photos in to a Google document and then just share the document link.

Which I know sort of defeats the easy of just posting the link but it would be a simple way to have all the photos in one place.

Edited for typo
  • megnwingatemegnwingate member
    edited February 2018
    SS from my phone uploaded to imgur if y’all want to see 

https://imgur.com/a/fDFkp

ETA: this was the staging furniture used in the house photos none of this is my furniture 

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Well our addition plans may be blowing up. Saturday we are going to look at a 4br house a few streets over. DH just doesnt feel like the "family" space is enough. He may be right. Our other option is to buy land my grandmother has on that same street and build new. But. Ugh. Moving. And I'm super paranoid about selling a house. And it's not like we have a whole lot of time to make a decison either. Spring is close here and build season starts soon and we need to be ready by Sept....ughhhhh. 
  • Minor vent, feel free to skip. The phlebotomist at the ob sucks. I was trying to be nice and give her the benefit of the doubt, but she’s done the same thing three times in a row now (two betas, and Harmony draw today). She doesn’t stabilize the needle/ tube holder against your arm and kind of just holds it upright so it invariably shifts around during the blood taking and tube switching leading to unnecessary amounts of bruising for minor samples. So not looking forward to the 12 week appointment where they take like 8 vials worth. Two days before my beach trip. Ugh. First world problems, I know. 
  • @spottedginger I would feel the same way. I feel like if that's your designated job, I should be able to expect minimal pain and/or bruising. Hope it won't be as bad as you expect!
  • @spottedginger I would mention it to the OB. Maybe they can say something to her. Also what do they take 8 vials of blood for at the 12 week appt (mine is today)? I did have a big blood draw at 6w (6-8 vials I think) so hopefully I don’t get another big one today.
  • @yosemite2018 if they did that much bloodwork at your 6w, they likely won’t be doing much at your 12 week. At my practice, they do all the intake testing at the 12 week appointment, even if you have ultrasounds or betas before then. Also, eight might be an exaggeration, but it felt like that many last time. 
  • I can't stand incompitant phlebotomists. No one likes looking like an incompitant junkie so they really should pay more attention.
  • They took about a million vials from me at my 10-week appointment. All the regular OB tests, and also the cell-free DNA test. I had an early ultrasound at 7 weeks to check viability because of my history of loss, but hadn't seen anyone until the 10-week appointment, which is standard at my practice. 
  • @SkilledSailor I’m with you, way too many germs for just underwear. It is an absolutely beautiful day to be at the park, but think clothes are still an important part of that.