October 2018 Moms

Monday Bitch Fest

2»

Re: Monday Bitch Fest

• @chyvie, @nasalot188 - Also on team No-TV-in-the-bedroom.  :)
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited February 2018
    @chyvie and @nasalot188 We had the no TV rule too!! Until we had DD... I got to a point when I was pregnant where I was so uncomfortable on the couch no matter how I sat that we gave in and put one in the bedroom.  No TV in the bedroom not only helps w the sex life but we also used to talk more.  We’ve revisited the idea of taking it out but now I’m knocked up again so I’m sure it will stay for a while.  

Edit autocorrect
  • Loading the player...
  • @nasalot188we don't have one either! :) 
  • edited February 2018
    Not Monday but my dog chewed off a bandage after surgery twice now. Not happy that crap is expensive! And once did it while wearing a cone/ring thing to prevent chewing.
    Edit to add more frustration 
  • @hellopartyof5
    I am also so over the morning/all day sickness. I don't remember my first being this bad and I'm very worried that I will have it for the whole pregnancy. I'm starving, cranky and sick all damn day. 

Me 32 and DH 40

Fur-baby named Bella

1 MC Nov. 2013

DD born Nov. 2, 2014

Little 2 EDD Oct. 1 

• edited February 2018
    Is anyone else really freaking annoyed that your only choice if you want pain management options is to have a hospital birth? I’m low-risk, had a beautiful, mostly-complication free birth with an epidural the first time around. But I hated staying in the hospital, the IV (that took 3 nurses and 6 attempts to get in!!) and all the other unnecessary interventions. But having a med-free birth is a nonstarter for me, so a birthing center isn’t an option. 

Not to mention, our insurance sucks this time, we are 40 miles from the nearest in-network doctors/facilities, and the $6500 pricetag. 

Oh and I hate this app. TB keeps cutting off my damn posts.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @concreteayngel Yes! I really didn't like being hooked up to an IV. The hospital environment didn't bother me, but the mandatory stay for 48 hours after birth was annoying. Especially with 3 dogs at home that my H kept having to leave to go let out.
  • @SawyerRichardson
    We are new to the state, and don’t have much of a support system in place here yet. I will have to see if my doctor will agree to induce me, because my mom is going to have to fly in to take care of my son, and I don’t want her to have to waste any of her vacation time waiting for me to spontaneously go into labor. Not to mention, the idea of laboring while being stuck on the I-5 during commute traffic sounds like a nightmare! 
  • @SawyerRichardson We were released after 24 hours, we just had to request it. I hate hospitals so I was ready to go home. 
  • Off topic, but here's my current gripe: I just wanna go home and put on a big t-shirt and sleep for 6 hours but I can't because I have a job and they make us clock in/out even though I'm salary. And I'm leaving at 12 tomorrow for my birthday weekend. First world problems for real. 
  • I need to vent.  DH is out of town this week for work.  I'm exhausted and DD is has been acting out (or I just lack patience and seems like she's acting out?)  I was still supposed to take SD tonight since her mother works a second job two nights a week.  DH just sent me a text saying that I'm not going to have SD tonight bc her mother has the flu.  Okay, good, except that she's coming over on Saturday when DH is back.  I'm panicked about our household being exposed to the flu.  I've already wasted three PTO days calling out in Jan bc me and DD got sick with a stomach thing.  1. I don't want myself and new inside baby exposed to the flu.  2. I don't want DD exposed since this means I'll have to stay home with her again bc DH is in training for a new job.  3.  I don't want DH exposed bc he's in training for a new job.  4.  I need all my PTO days for maternity leave.  UUUGGGHHHH.  Its always something with this chick (the mother).  How do I keep a dirty 5 year old Typhoid Mary from spreading the disease!? 
  • tinattt23tinattt23 member
    edited February 2018
    @SawyerRichardson We were also released after 24 hours. It was crazy trying to get all the tests and everything jammed in that fast, but I wanted home. And it was Christmas Day, so I think that helped speed them along. 

ETA: I also asked they take out my IV as soon as humanity possible. It wasn’t even connected to anything, but it helped me feel a lot more normal. 
  • edited February 2018
    @KFrob

That sucks, I feel for you. Nobody wants the flu. And while this is a great place to vent, it’s a terrible place to call children names. If someone called my son a dirty Typhoid Mark, especially a step-parent, I’d be out for blood. Not cool. 

Kids get sick. Constantly. Which means so will you. Especially the older they get and the more they are around other kids. Get used to it. 
  • KFrobKFrob member
    edited February 2018
    @concreteayngel    I refer to my own DD as Typhoid Mary almost every time shes sick, relax.  

ETA you don't know my personality, and clearly don't know when I'm throwing around a real insult vs complaining about my kids in a semi-serious, semi-joking way.  I know kids get sick, thanks
  • I know it's not Monday anymore, but since we've been on the health insurance kick today, I just go the bill from when I had to pee in cup at my OB's office to confirm the pregnancy.. $75! After insurance!  We'll meet our deductible this year anyway, but I'm still so annoyed that it was that expensive.  
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • After DS I’m was totally cool
    to stay in the H 48 hours. This time I’m concerned though. I’m not sure DS will be able to handle two night without me and DH and I don’t really want to stay alone without DH. Our hospital is “baby friendly” which means the baby stays with you and they weren’t that helpful last time.