September 2018 Moms

12 weeks 2 days and first symptom of spotting (light period)

having a little freak out over here. Spotting began yesterday (would have been day 1 of my period). Has been on and off until this morning it’s more red than pink. No clots, pain, or cramping. I’m currently 12 weeks and 2 days. 
called my Dr who has ordered an u/s this afternoon (will be my first, and first pregnancy).
has anyone else experienced this so late in the first trimester? I’m reading mixed reviews - mostly positive in that it could be old blood/placenta slightly low.... hoping for the best. My fingers are crossed to hear that heartbeat, and get confirmation everything is ok. 
‘We haven’t shared the pregnancy news with anyone... so this has been tough not having some family/friends to lean on for support. I really appreciate this community, and your ear! 

Re: 12 weeks 2 days and first symptom of spotting (light period)

• Right around 12 weeks last time I had spotting. I went in for an ultrasound and it turned out that I had a low lying placenta. It’s too early to call it placenta previa since very often it moves (and did in my case) but I was put on modified rest (no sex, no exercise other than walking) until it moved enough for my doctor to be ok with it. Now my DD is 15 months and the rest of the pregnancy was uneventful.

Good luck today, and try to stay calm (I know easier said than done).
  • I had spotting and bleeding with my 2nd at 11weeks. I went straight to the er thinking it was a miscarriage. It was a placenta abrasions. Basically the placenta was coming off the wall and got a big clot or bruise. I was discharged not really knowing anything and went to my doctors the next day. He said it could go either way which was scary. Nothing they could do, but it all was ok by week 14 it was gone and healed.  And now she is 4yrs old and perfect!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you @yosemite2018 @kimberlyhassing @Wishilivedinflorida - I’m back from the u/s, tech was not authorized to provide results. Asked if I would like to also have the trans vag exam (which I did). Results to be read/report provided to my doctor. As she was gone for the day, I have a follow up appointment with her tomorrow morning at 10:15 to discuss the results of both scans.
    Doing my best to focus on staying calm, and trying to remain positive. Fingers and toes crossed.
    now the wait...
  • Good luck tomorrow. I hope you get good news. 
  • Crossing fingers for you, I had bright red spotting at a little past ten weeks last time. It stopped on its own pretty quick and they never figured out why, but my son is adorable and healthy.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow. We're rooting for you and baby!
  • Thank you @ble1 I’ve got a million thoughts running through my head... and a flurry of emotions. Im anxious, and mostly exhausted... waiting is so hard. Hoping to get a decent sleep tonight... and go in to the appointment with an open heart. 
  • **lurking from July**

it has been know for some women to experience monthly bleeding (probably not as heavy as a period l) but not very common. With my first i bleed every single day until i was about 13 wks. I was on progesterone as well. Only explanation i got was irritable cervix and put on bedrest until it stopped nearing second tri. He’s almost 2 yrs old now. This time around i spotted around 7 wks and it was due to a small SCH that resolved itself with a few weeks (had cramping with it too). Glad you were able to get checked out quickly and hope it’s nothing!
  • Good luck tomorrow. I hope everything is okay. I’m only 10w4d, but I started having spotting off and on around 8 weeks. The dr. said it was that my placenta was close to my cervix (like someone else said above). And, that it was nothing to worry about. And that bleeding or spotting can have so many not scary causes. So I really hope you get good news. 
  • Good luck today! Hoping all goes well at your appointment. Please give us an update. 
  • Good luck, thinking of you!
  • I got a positive pregnancy test the first month ( the first of January) and then the next day I started spotting dark red/brown for 10 days. A month later on Feb 1, the spotting started again, just brown this time, and lasted for 10 days. I will not be surprised at all if on March 1st it happens again, sort of like a period. After both times I got ultrasounds and everything looked perfectly fine. The Dr. guessed that it was just old blood in the system that is working it’s way out. Good luck!! 
  • Good luck today! Fingers crossed for good news. 
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • I had spotting early on - mostly dark blood and tiny amounts. An U/S showed a hematoma on my uterus. Doc said it should all be fine. 
  • A quick update following my appointment this morning.

Results came back identifying the fetus without a heartbeat, measuring about 7 weeks (I was officially 12 weeks on Sunday) -  recording as a mc a few weeks ago. Doctor said this just happens - and that there is no alarm/concern unless I experience 3 mc’s in a row before seeking fertility support. Nothing I had ‘done’ or could have done differently. Reassured that nothing on the scan indicated any issues otherwise... 

Husband and I are crushed... spending the remainder of the day at home, collecting our thoughts. 
    Doctor has suggested I will “pass” the remainder over the next 7 days or so. Has scheduled a follow up u/s to confirm fetal demise and that everything is clear in 10 days. If not, an alternate scan will be done to ‘clear out’ what hasn’t passed. Blood work a week later to confirm HCG levels have dropped.

It has been a lot of news/information to take in today.  I’m exhausted emotionally and physically - but I know we will get through this. I’m so grateful for all of your thoughts and good wishes today, and especially the love and support from my husband. He is an absolute rock and I am so fortunate to have him by my side.

Wishing you all healthy and happy pregnancies. 
    I’ll be thinking of you all in September.
  • I’m so sorry for your loss and I was really hoping for the best for you. I’m glad your amazing husband is by your side. I hope you can take time to heal and have your rainbow baby when you are ready. ❤️
  • I’m very sorry for your loss. 
  • So so sorry  <3

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• So sorry for your loss ❤
  • so sorry for your loss. Take care. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m so sorry to hear this update. Take care of yourself. 
  • Sorry to read this sad update.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Very sorry for your loss, wishing you the best.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I’m so sorry for your loss. I was hoping for a better outcome for you. I’m glad your husband is such a great support. Take care of yourselves.
  • So sorry for your loss  <3
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • You are in my thoughts. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Be kind you yourselves during this time. 
  • I’m so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself ❤️
  • I'm so sorry. Missed miscarriages are heartbreaking. Thinking of you. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope everything resolves quickly for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • I am so so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your husband.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your husband
  • I’m so, so sorry for your loss  <3
  • I'm so sad to see this news. I'm so sorry for your loss  <3
  • So sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. Please take care of yourselves the best you can.