March 2018 Moms

Name Thread 2.0

123457»

Re: Name Thread 2.0

• @epowell55 LOVE Owen James.  Like I might steal that from you if I ever have a boy.

FWIW "popular" names now are NOT like when we were born.  People are so into having different names now that even if you have the top used names there still aren't that many kids with that name.  It's not like someone our age being a Katie or an Emily.
  • I think if you really like a name you should use it regardless of the fact it might be popular.  Andplusalso, I have a Jack and his name fits him perfectly and is soooo cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • For the last few months I was pretty confident about our name choice but now that I'm only 4 weeks away, I went from am absolute to a 6 name list! What is wrong with me!  :s
  • @sarahhedger7 ha, same here! We had mostly settled on a name before Christmas, and now every night before bed I reconsider and tell DH to do the same. Maybe a coping mechanism for every other type of stress? :p
  • We love it! I've seen a lot of Jack and Jackson's popping up lately. I think we're still going for it, I told my husband we can move where it isn't as popular
  • @antoto That's a very good point! I actually  am an Emily lol Same name and middle name as like 4 people in my graduating class lol 

It's so hard to choose between the names! Although if we have another boy next we'll be ready!
  • Anyone know when Social Security will come out with the 2017 list?
  • @antoto I think it’s like May or June. 
  • I can't find that website link that gives the run down on a name, specifically the comments page where it says % positive or negative feelings on the name and where people put what they think of when they hear it?
  • I found it! Behindthename.com