September 2018 Moms

Product Spotlight 2/19: Strollers

I saw someone had asked about double strollers so I thought this might be a good next product spotlight. 

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions and S+TMs to share the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated on baby products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week it's.... stollers!

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed. 

For S+TMs: 

• Favorite [stroller]:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: 
  • Additional thoughts on [stroller]?:

For FTMs

• [stroller] you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

Re: Product Spotlight 2/19: Strollers

• The family I nanny for part-time has the UppaBaby Vista which I LOVE but cannot afford. But if you can afford it, I highly recommend that stroller. 

We're leaning towards the Graco Modes Travel System. Has anyone used this? Any thoughts on it? 
  • I have two favorites in different categories: normal and travel/compact
    • Favorite [stroller]: full on- uppababy vista, umbrella- 3D lite
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): vista-$$$, 3D lite-$
    • What you like about it: vista- huge basket to haul all the things, easy to push on uneven terrain with awesome wheels, so versatile with configuration, can push with one hand, huge canopy.  3D lite- can recline which is a feature that many of the umbrellas can’t do. Perfect for a baby who falls asleep on a walk or theme park etc. lightweight and much smaller folded. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: vista- it is a bit heavy. If you aren’t sure you’ll need to have two kids in the stroller at once, I might opt for the Cruz which has many of the same features and less weight. 3D lite- dual handles rather than a handle bar mean that you can’t push and steer with one hand (and dig in bag for snack, replace paci or dropped toy, text, etc with the other), canopy is better than many umbrellas but measly compared to the vista. Smaller wheels mean it isn’t as smooth of a push or ride as the vista
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: The uppababy g lite and g luxe look really nice but in reality, we don’t need another stroller. 
    • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: I used a friend’s maclaren umbrella stroller one day at the zoo and disliked it. It was no better than the 3D lite. 
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]? There are many many more options for midrange versatile strollers than there were 3 years ago. If they had all these options then, I might have gone with one of those systems. I really do love my vista and it was probably the only splurge item I chose for the baby, but all the options! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have:
    Summer infant 3D lite
    Bob revolution SE single

Review:
    I can't say enough good things about the summer infant 3D lite. It's easy to use, reclines pretty far, has a decent size basket, handles excellent, and the handles are at a good height for tall people (I'm 5'11"). It also has a cup holder and small pocket for stuff (phone/money/etc). I used it when DD was really small because I could recline it and it still works great now at 21 months. This is my go to shopping stroller

The Bob is also nice. We take it with us camping and it did well on the hiking trail. Works well for jogging. We use it for outdoor adventures like fairs, the zoo, picnics, etc. I have taken it shopping (it was a jog to the outlet mall adventure) and it was fine but wouldn't be my first choice for stores because it's a bit bulky. Handles very well and I can steer with one hand, basket is roomy, I got the handlebar accessory for drink/stuff holder. Oh! And I got the car seat attachment which was nice for transitioning a sleeping baby from car to stroller.

Overall:
    I would buy both of these again. They function great and have held up well (nothing broken, fabric is still good). I do like having different stroller options for activities. If you skip having a car seat attachment I think you could survive with either baby wearing or laying the stroller flat and keeping to smoother surfaces.

My future interests:
    I really want to look into a sit and stand type stroller. I think DD will enjoy it. I'm thinking it would be ideal for trips to the zoo :)
  • @SkilledSailor - I have the Graco Modes 3 Lite (I loiked how the one wheel in front looked/drove better). TBH, I haaaaaaate it. Idk if we got a faulty one, but getting the infant carseat to click into the stroller was such a huge PITA. One time when I was flying alone with DS, I could NOT get the seat to click in so I had to wear him and push the stroller with the carseat just balanced on top, through the entire airport. Nightmare. Using the stroller as is (without the carseat) has been fine overall, but we've had to WD-40 the wheels several times because they get squeaky. We also never fold/unfold it anymore (just use it for walks around the neighborhood), but I remember that being more difficult than I would have liked. I haven't yet decided what kind of stroller I want for baby #2, but I will definitely be investing more $ into it, I think it's worth it.
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• Question about strollers - DS will be 25 months when baby #2 arrives. We only use the stroller now to take our dog on walks around the neighborhood, and when we travel. I doubt we'll even be going on many walks as soon as we move into a house with a yard. Has anyone with 2 kids NOT gotten a double stroller and not regretted it? I'm thinking the kind where he can stand on the back ("glider board"?) will be enough for the rare times we use the stroller. Thoughts?
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• @yogapants247 I am also wondering if we will need a double stroller. I think the glider board sounds fun. My daughter will be 2.5 years old when the new baby arrives. She rarely rides in the stroller these days and I mostly wore her when she was infant. I just hope we don't regret not having a stroller to accomodate both kiddos.
  • @yogapants247 I was also going to ask about those standing ones.  I'll baby wear for the first 9 months or so, so DS will be 3.5 by the time we need a double.  He's not a huge fan of the stroller now and those standing ones seem like a great option, but I don't think I actually know anyone that's used one.  Plus there are 5 steps to get into out house and we don't have a garage we can keep it.  I need something as light as possible and these seem much lighter than a traditional double. 
  • We have this. Love it. Loved being able to just carry the frame around and click the car seat into it.. Will definitely use this again. Plus the cargo area is very big and you can cram all your stuff down there PLUS it has a little compartment for your keys and cup at the handle bar.. and that is great too :)
    • Favorite [stroller]: I only have experienxe with the one. 
    • Link/picture: We have the 5 yr ago equivalent of this:

• Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): We shopped around until we found the best price we could. I think it ended up coming from wayfair.com 
    • What you like about it:  This had all the perks I wanted, is infant car seat adaptable, and ours has regular bike tires which we liked. We live rural, so walking on backroads and break-down lanes. This has held up amazing! It works just as well as day 1 and the last few summers dd and I walk our street daily. The tires still have the new tire nubbies on them. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: No complaints. 
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: We got this instead of the bob due to price, I’m not really a jogger, but needed the bigger wheel design for our terrian. 
    • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?: none. 
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]?: none.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

**Psalm 139:16**

• We have the Britax B Agile stroller, but a Chico infant seat. I bought the adapter for the car seat and thought it would click in, but the adaptor was just for the car seat to rest on and wad pretty wobbly. We really like the stroller, it has a good sunshade, big basket, and handles well. My sister (who is using our car seat) ended up getting the Chico stroller so that she wouldn’t have the same issue as us getting the car seat to click in. Luckily it was only an issue for us for a few months and now we just put her straight in the stroller.

We do need a double stroller since we have a nanny who will push both kids around. I was thinking of the city select double stroller that we can add seats to as needed, so it can be a single when we are only using it for one kid and a double when we need it for 2. It’s $$$ though so I will look into other options. We have small doorways though so we definitely need an inline double and not side by side.

We also have the Gb Qbit LTE travel stroller which is great for taking on planes. It’s more expensive than a typical umbrella stroller but I like that it has a sunshade and fairly good sized basket underneath. It’s small enough to fit in an overhead bin so we don’t have to check it on long flights. My parents use it as their stroller when they watch DD 1-2 times a week, and we just take it from them when we travel (usually with them anyway).
  • We're loosely considering getting a new stroller. MH for some reason doesn't like the one we have (2014 Britax B-Agile - the cons for me are the tiny basket and the seat that's always a little reclined, but those aren't deal breakers). He wants a jogging stroller. Neither of us jogs or pretends we're going to start. He just thinks an all-terrain style will be easier to push around, I think.

Tell me where you use your stroller. I also babywear, and my older daughter will be 4 by the time this baby is born, so we'll always have a cart at the grocery store. We do not need a tandem. I'm sure I'll use the stroller a fair amount with the infant car seat, but once that's outgrown I think we use it minimally. But my brain is foggy lately and it's been several years since we were in that stage so remind me what all we might want it for?
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • @yogapants247 we’re thinking the same thing, that we really don’t need a double-stroller for the new baby and my daughter so will be almost 2.5. Sometimes at the zoo or something I see parents with a wagon for 2 kids, we might do something like that probably for next summer with a 3-year old and an almost 1 year old! Only for trips to the zoo or festivals and such. 

I urge everyone to remember something i learned in the Baby Bargains book...there is no “best stroller”. Different strollers work for different lifestyles. Really think about how and where you’ll be using it...around the neighborhood? Car trips? Indoors? Rough sidewalk? On busses or the subway? 

We have the BabyJogger CitiMini GT...great on rough sidewalks, and small enough footprint to take on the bus or subway if it’s not rush hour. Easy 1-hand fold to carry up and down flights of stairs in the subway station, instead of waiting for the elevator. Small basket for stuff...but that’s not an issue if you’re traveling light enough to empty the basket to fold it up as needed! It takes up a lot of space in the car, so we have a different cheap stroller that we keep in the car and use for shopping trips when we’re taking the car. 
  • @treeofcheem we use ours for walks around the neighborhood (in a city with lots of broken sidewalks). If I’m grocery shopping then I am baby wearing or putting DD in the cart. We also use it at the zoo, when traveling, at museums... DD does not like napping in the crib and we rarely drive further than 20 minutes (she falls asleep in the car easily) so sometimes the stroller is the only easy way to get her to nap.

We also have a wagon for when the new baby is old enough to sit in it. It has straps for 2. We got it for DD’s first birthday and I don’t know if I would have used it with her any younger though.
  • @MandyMost @EErin86. I had long been set on the citimini GT (actually, now that I think of it, we moved since picking that out...), so TBH, I'm not sure if it's the best pick for us anymore, or if the BOB might actually make more sense.  I have not quite been running lately, but if I were to get back into it, we have an outdoor trail behind our house where I used to walk/jog last summer. (vs. our last place was a bit more city-like, and my regular route there was mostly sidewalks up to and around a lake, with an almost fully-paved trail.)  I was wondering if either of you would be able to weigh in?

Mostly I plan to babywear when shopping / pushing a shopping cart, but a stroller could definitely work at the mall, not that I go there too often.  And again, not that I'm seriously into my running right now, but where I live is a bit more rural now and there's not really sidewalks.  Only part of the path I'd be walking is paved / a bridge, and that's just to access the trail... Thoughts on what might be a better fit?  Or either one should be just fine?
  • @BusinessWife if you plan on jogging I would get a jogging stroller (lots of options!) A cool feature with the Bob is that the front wheel can swivel for casual strolling or lock in place for running. So while it's a bit bulky in a store it maneuvers really well with the swivel wheel and will work if you need it to. 

If you can, find some in store that you can practice folding and see how big/heavy it is. Even if you end up walking instead of jogging I think you would like the Bob or something equivalent for your described setting. I got mine on a Black Friday sale :)
  • @BusinessWife totally jumping in uninvited, but your new terrain sounds a lot like mine. If jogging isn’t a huge factor look into the jeep strollers! The wheel swivels or locks, and it is made to be jog worthy, I just don’t so I don’t know how well it would withstand it. It had most of the perks of the bob, smaller footprint, cheaper price. It’s lesser known, but when we were looking it had a list of infant car seats that it came with an adapter for included. We picked it instead of a bob and have been completely satisfied, I’m pretty sure it will last thru kid #2 no problem. 

bfp#1-10/29/12,EDD: 7/3/13. nothing found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 12/10/12. "Bean"

bfp#2-5/10/13! EDD: 1/18/14. "Peanut" Arrived 1/13/14. Diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis

bfp#3- 9/26/14. EDD: 5/7/15. no heartbeat found @ 1st u/s, natural mc 10/23/14. "Little Bug"

• @jhjocelyn. Oh absolutely!  I will definitely keep it in mind.  I believe my SIL actually had that one a while back.  That's my only concern would be the longevity - bc believe me, I prefer the price!  :D. We have five more embies waiting for us, and while I can't necessarily expect all five to make it to the outside, we do want to go back and transfer them all, so anything is possible!  Even with just three or four close-ish in age, I'm hoping things will last for us ... But of course as soon as I say that, I realise we have no idea how it's going to go, and I may well want a double stroller before too long... or just wear baby while pushing toddler?  Idk.  But don't be shy, of course, I appreciate your input! :)
  • I have owned: Nuna Mixx, BOB single, BOB Duallie, Uppababy GLUXE

The BOB is a beast but I love it. I use it for Stroller Strides classes, long walks, and zoo/parks trips. I rarely use it around town because it's huge and I prefer to babywear. I haven't unboxed the Duallie yet (bought it during Black Friday when it was on sale) but I'll probably send my single BOB up to my Parent's house once I do. I have run, offroaded, and generally beat up my BOB and it's in fantastic shape. 

The GLUXE is an awesome umbrella stroller that we mainly use for travel. We have the UB travel case for it which means uppababy will repair/replace anything that gets damaged while flying with the stroller. It also fully reclines and has a huge sunshade. It was pricey but worth it.

My Nuna Mixx was wonderful but I just didn't use it once we were out of the infant seat phase. I loved that I could click the seat in easily to the ring adapter which is why I got it in the first place. Once DS was out of that seat we realized it was completely unnecessary to have that many strollers and got rid of the Mixx.

We had the Nuna Pipa infant seat for DS but also got rid of that because they don't make an adapter for the BOB which is now my main stroller. We have a Britax infant seat for #2 now that will snap into the BOB when we need it to. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 @MandyMost re: considering your lifestyle and where you will be using the stroller. I also highly recommend testing out strollers you are considering (in the store or asking a friend) so you can feel how heavy the stroller is, how easy it is to fold up, etc. We ended up hating the stroller we originally wanted when we saw it in store because it was SO heavy. With #1 we had the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat and stroller system and it was fine for walks around our neighborhood, but I preferred babywearing when we were out and about. I got a jogging stroller when DD was a little older and really liked it for more rugged terrain and running. We will likely splurge on a nicer stroller this time around so this thread is super helpful for getting some ideas! 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• @BusinessWife Glad to help! I literally used this one from infancy to 3 yr old, pretty much daily from snow melt to snow fall. We have a 1.5 mile street that I walk with a neighbor. The only maintenance has been cleaning our cracker crumbs and occasionally putting air in the tires. And I am not easy on my things, I make dh cringe all the time. 

I’m just realizing that I will likely not be needing an upgrade like I’ve been thinking... I thought I wanted a sit n ride style. But, really we stopped using the stroller at thhe local animal park because dd could easily walk the whole stretch. And she’s probably ready to bike or walk the street w me too... plus exercise is really important for her and I have totally slacked on that.  I love the jeep stroller, but it is ssoommee ugly compared to what they have now!! 

• edited February 2018
    I currently have the Chicco Bravo Trio system and the stroller is ok. It’s decent
    for the price and has held up well. I like that you can use it early on as a frame stroller only so it’s less bulky when LO is still in the infant seat. Had I known we would be having #2 so soon I probably would have splurged on a nicer single that works as a double. They have a Bravo for Two that is more like a bench seat/stand option, and I fear that won’t work for a 17 month old. 

Im most interested in the Contours Options Elite for a double. It will accept our Chicco Keyfit seat and is less money than the City Select. Also, I’ve heard it allows for a little more leg room for the kids than the City Select, which is important because DS is already off the growth charts and hasn’t slowed down! I pushed one around at our BRU the other day and rather liked it (the basic model, not the elite, which I suspect I will like even better). My uses are basically around the neighborhood jaunts, zoo walking, and while shopping. I may want a double jogger later on, but I’ll cross that bridge as an “exercise equipment expense.”  ;)

ETA: I also just scored a gently used radio flyer wagon with the two seats so I have a feeling that may be used more next summer as well when this LO is able to sit supported. I think that will end up being our go-to for space saving reasons when they are bigger and still want/need a break to ride. 
  • @BusinessWife I recommend a real, quality made-for-rough-terrain true jogging stroller in your case. (The citimini GT is great for walking, but not jogging). Just don’t plan to ever put it in the car! Get a much simpler stroller to keep in the car...while the baby is young enough for the infant car seat (that you click in/out of the car) you can just get a frame that it clicks into. I LOVED this. No transferring baby if they’re sleeping, or even just content, when running errands, etc. When they get older you can just keep an umbrella stroller in the car to use as needed. I HATE being stuck without a stroller when I unexpectedly want one, so highly suggest keeping one in the car! 
  • @MandyMost  oh!  What a great suggestion!  I had seen those, but I don't know why I didn't think of that.  The thought of registering for two such pricey strollers wasn't sitting right with me, but between the chicco caddy, the 3d for later, and hopefully maybe the bob or another exclusively trail jogging stroller, I should have my bases covered.  Phew!
  • @BusinessWife I got the frame-stroller-thing for the infant car seat (what is that called anyway?!) at my shower, and was going to return it, but was so glad I didn’t! It was on sale for less than $100, and the one I got to keep in the car when she outgrew the infant seat was less than $50. I didn’t consider either of those pricey at all, but I know everyone’s price points are different. 
  • @MandyMost  oh totally!  I guess I realise my post might not have been clear the way I worded it - I meant I was struggling to reconcile registering for both the citymini, AND a Bob, and a third umbrella stroller, too!  But but if the jogger is the one high end item in there, and the frame caddy thing does what I need the citymini to do, then that seems like a great compromise! ;)
  • @Wishilivedinflorida thanks for the tip on the contours options elite! We have the Chico car seat too so I’ll definitely have to check it out!
  • CSchoFinkCSchoFink member
    edited February 2018
    We have the Uppababy Vista and we’ll just need to get a set of clips and a seat for baby #2. It is an amazing stroller but it’s very pricey. We are very lucky to have some generous family members. The Uppababy strollers have a glider board attachment option as well. We also have the G Luxe umbrella stroller which I hemmed and hawed about for almost two years. It makes traveling really easy because it’s sturdier than most umbrella strollers so i don’t feel like I’m out of control when we’re away. We also got the travel case for it (soft bag) for stowing it in the plane so it doesn’t get damaged. 

Wit DS, we used the Aton Q car seat which is compatable with the Uppababy Vista and the Maxi-Cosi clips. We loved this set-up and it also made traveling easy—my mom lives in another city so she got the car seat base and we traveled with the seat itself. It made transitions pretty seamless. The few times I had to emergency-install the Aton Q European-style (no base), it was really easy to do (my car died and my friend had to take me to a work event with my son on a weekend while my husband was out of town, and we got stranded at an airport and had to rent a car (he was too little for a rental car seat).
  • We have an UPPAbaby Cruz and I absolutely love it. After I bought it I realized I should have just gone for the Vista but it was too late. I'll be getting a Vista now that we're expecting #2. I may try to sell the Cruz - it's in great shape still and I could then use the money towards the Vista.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Anybody ever use the Britax Stroller Board accessory? 
    We have the Britax B-agile stroller and our toddler will be almost 3 when this baby arrives. He already won’t sit in a stroller much unless he’s totally exhausted, loves walking. 

Ill second (third, fourth?) the ladies who’ve endorsed the Summer Infant 3Dlite as a great umbrella stroller. We’ve used it tons for airport travel and once we’ve gotten to our destination and much smaller to throw in the car than our britax. 

• We have the Nuna Mixx- I love that our infant seat (Nuna Pipa) clicked right in- super easy. It's very easy to get up and down, switch the seat from front facing to back facing etc. Very easy to push, comfy for my son. I've loved everything about it.

The newer version is the Mixx 2- https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nuna-mixx2-three-mode-stroller-with-all-terrain-tires/4564698?origin=coordinating-4564698-0-2-PDP_1-recbot-also_viewed2&recs_placement=PDP_1&recs_strategy=also_viewed2&recs_source=recbot&recs_page_type=product

We also have a BOB stroller for Stroller Strides which I love- if you do any running/jogging I highly recommend this brand. We got ours on Offer Up- great condition. But they can be $$$ brand new. :)

And for an umbrella stroller we have the Baby Jogger Vue (Got on Zulily). This has been AMAZING for travel. It is cool because the seat is reversible, not many umbrella strollers can do that. It's not the most attractive lol but my son loves it. 

Now comes the dilemma of switching to a double stroller! I love the Uppababy Vista but it's pricey. I am also looking at the City Select Lux- anyone have this one??

For FTM's if you plan on having more then one I'd advise getting a stroller now that can become a double- I wish I had done this!!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• We did so much research and tried out so many strollers before deciding on the Peg Perego Book. We bought it in 2013 before my daughter was born and it’s still going strong!

Cost: $350 and up

What I like: Everything. Seriously. It is so well made and I love that they’re made in Italy, not China. I also love that the seat reclines to be fully flat. Something I didn’t like about other strollers, even $$$ bugaboos, is that if your kid falls asleep, they’re just tilted back in a seated position, rather than being able to really lay down. Another perk is that you can actually fold it and lift it into your trunk with one hand while holding a baby in the other. There’s also a large storage area underneath - which is awesome - and the seat can switch easily from front facing to rear facing. One last thing is that it drives really well! It has a very smooth ride, tight turning radius (helpful when we lived in NYC and had to navigate narrow grocery aisles) and you can easily steer it with one hand. After almost five years, my daughter still fits comfortably and we still use it for trips to Disney - and she can still curl up on her side when it’s flat and take a nap.

What I don’t like: Nothing. I don’t ‘love’ the green color we got - kind of a bright green apple - but now it comes in Aquamarine which I think is gorgeous!

• For S+TMs: 

• Favorite [stroller]: I have the classic (and still made) Baby Trend Expedition, the older and not made side by side double of it, and a cheapo umbrella stroller.
    • Link/picture:
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): All fairly reasonable
    • What you like about it: My single - I really like it.  I live where there is no sidewalks and snow all winter and it handles it just great.  Also, some of the jogging strollers when we tested ours my husband would walk behind and kick the stroller and some of them had tires with no traction, etc.. My double - very similar to the single and works well as well.  The umbrella - great for being a petite stroller and keeping in the vehicle all the time or for when we go to the big city.
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: My single - it folds big and awkwardly but it's not meant for being a quick fold small stroller.... same with the double.  Also, the carseat it comes with is bulky and the handle is annoying but it was cheaper than buying a stroller and carseat so I survived!  My umbrella stroller - the wheels are funky and don't always all go the same direction so definitely meant for very flat surfaces like malls and sidewalks.
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: Nope!  My strollers I have work for me.
    • Is there a [stroller] you've tried that you absolutely hate? Why?:  See above comments 
    • Additional thoughts on [stroller]?:  Buy the one that suits your needs.  My strollers won't work for a city transit person but I live outside a small town so they work great for me!
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • https://philandteds.com/us/Products/push/dot#.Woyt5TNOk0M

I love my stroller. Wouldn't recommend it with twins or Irish twins, but we bought it when my son was born, and it's awesome. It converts to a ddouble, and unlike many that do this, it still steers great with the second seat. You do lose the basket with the second seat, so that's why I wouldn't use it for twins. I just hang bag off handle in this case. One hand fold, and the front wheel locks for jogging. I wouldn't use it for hard core tons of running, but our 2-3 miles 1-2 times per week it works great. The wheels aren't air filled, so they can't pop. Seats lay flat for a newborn. I didn't use it with an infant seat, so I can't speak to that.

Only complaint is that the canopy is only OK, and doesn't rotate forward to block a low sun in front of you. 

It was $400-500 I think, and that included the second seat. It was the only thing I splurged on, because I couldn't have two strollers at the time due to space so I needed a do-everything type.

If I had had another couple hundred to spend, I would have gotten the voyager by them.That is twin ready, it folds with both seats attached, stands up while folded, and both seats can be removed and used as separate bassinets/cots to carry. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @BusinessWife If you are set on the Chicco infant seat, their “Liteway Plus” is a nicer umbrella-style option that I believe you can click the infant seat into. It’s obviously more $$ than just the Chicco Caddy but would give you more mileage with a small footprint after LO is out of the infant seat. 

For FTM’s, consider that your LO may not fit the infant seat as long as you like. DH and I are on the smaller side and in no way expected to have an off-the-charts baby, but we did! He was clearly uncomfortable in the infant seat by 6 months (and very hard to carry) and we had to switch to the Graco 4ever (highly recommend, btw). I’m glad we didn’t get a separate frame stroller for this reason (my stroller converted from a frame to a normal full seat stroller, so I did have the option). 
  • clorh2clorh2 member
    edited February 2018
    I've gone through a lot of strollers with my DS.  

For a travel system convertible stroller, my favorite is the Uppa Baby Vista.  It is extremely pricey though, so a decent alternative (a bit cheaper) is the Britax B-Ready.  If you do a lot of in door activities (I.e. shopping), you'll like these two strollers.  I like mine and kept it.  But I do a ton of outdoor walking as I live in a walkable area, so I prefer a jogging stroller.

For a jogging stroller, I've tried a few and NOTHING compares to a BOB.  NOTHING.  Hands down my favorite stroller of all time.  I plan on buying the double one before this second baby comes in September.  

The city mini double is a decent double stroller, but again does not compare to the BOB for ease of push, ride, just everything.  

This is a good link to learn about products.  She has a great one on travel system strollers:  https://www.lucieslist.com 
  • @Wishilivedinflorida. So would you say we could safely have the liteway plus do the job of the caddy + 3d umbrella?  And basically only register for the liteway plus and a Bob?  I know it's a little heavier than the 3d lite, but if I'm babywearing, I'm also not sure how often I'll be using a stroller anyway, so I feel a little ridiculous about having three????  Or idk....  Have the extra to live in a different vehicle??
  • @businesswife If it were me, I would just go with the Liteway Plus and then the Bob. The seat on the Liteway folds down to accommodate the infant seat *almost* as compact as a plain frame, but then you also have a nice umbrella for use later on in the same package. For me, the Caddy would have been useless at 6 months+, which would have made me mad if I spent $100 on it. Plus overall, the Liteway Plus is less money spent than the Caddy and 3D bought separately. I would find a store that carries the Liteway so you can get a feel for how it rides, how the seat clicks in, and make sure you like it, first! 
  • @eerin86 Whoa whoa whoa, where are they 20% off?
  • @SkilledSailor all over the internet!!!!!!!!!