March 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 2/20

1.How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. Any upcoming appointments this week?

3. Any new symptoms?

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions?

5. GTKY: (Sort of stolen from weekend) What's left on your to-do list before baby is born? Or are you just ready for baby to get here?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 2/20

• 1.How far along are you? How big is baby?
    37 weeks - romaine lettuce, apparently

Yes, regular check-up tomorrow, also will be discussing U/S from last week. And then I apparently have to start having non-stress tests twice a week, starting Thursday. I guess baby measured a little small at the U/S. I'll talk about it with my OB tomorrow, but I'm mostly just annoyed because I have to go to the central office instead of the one where I normally have my appointments, and it's a 30 minute drive each way, on a really stressful highway, instead of an 8 minute drive on pleasant back roads.

3. Any new symptoms?
    Nothing new, just dealing with some insomnia, heartburn, and morning nausea. I also started on an anti-depressant a few weeks ago (to help combat PPD, which I got with my 1st and never treated). It seems to be helping!

...See answer 2. :)
    Also, has anyone else had a NST? What is the point of them? And can I read a book during it?

5. GTKY: (Sort of stolen from weekend) What's left on your to-do list before baby is born? Or are you just ready for baby to get here?
    Well, I was (and still am, I guess) hoping to finish baby's quilt and a little doll for DD (so she can have a baby, too). But at this point, I'm also okay with this kid coming whenever he wants so I can stop driving that stupid highway. Boy I'm whiny about that highway. 
  • 1.How far along are you? How big is baby?
    37 weeks - honeydew melon/romaine lettuce

Just had my last endocrinologist follow up and my OB checkup today, including my first NST. Nothing till next week, and that'll just be another OB check.

@LeahS927 - This was my first NST today and my doc didn't even bother doing the full 20 minutes since she saw everything she wanted fairly quickly (clear reactive movement from the baby and whether I was having any contractions), but on top of the monitor belts they gave me a little button to click every time I felt the baby move, so I would guess no book-reading during an NST? But it probably varies a lot by doctor/practice.

3. Any new symptoms?
    No, though the heartburn continues to reach impressive new levels of awful. Acid in my throat now wakes me up about as often as my bladder does.

Only found out today (which is partly my fault, I never think of questions while I'm at the OB) that my OB practice won't let me go past my due date since I have GD, so if I don't start spontaneous labor early (which my OB thinks is fairly unlikely, but possible) they'll induce me sometime in week 39. Not the biggest deal, but a little frustrating. As long as everything stays looking as good as it has I'll try and push it as close to the 40wk mark as I can, plus at least this way if I schedule it I can pick with OB will be there, since I go to a group practice. I like all of them well enough but I do definitely have a favorite, lol.

Uggh. I am right at this moment waiting to hear from the family friend who is supposed to come install the floor for the nursery today. The walls have to be painted as well, and I've got all the supplies so that should all be done by the end of this weekend, along with setting up the furniture and decorating (I have everything, its just taking up my entire living room while I wait for this guy xD). Then its just packing up my hospital bag and I'm good to go. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LeahS927 said:
    1.How far along are you? How big is baby?
    37 weeks - romaine lettuce, apparently

Yes, regular check-up tomorrow, also will be discussing U/S from last week. And then I apparently have to start having non-stress tests twice a week, starting Thursday. I guess baby measured a little small at the U/S. I'll talk about it with my OB tomorrow, but I'm mostly just annoyed because I have to go to the central office instead of the one where I normally have my appointments, and it's a 30 minute drive each way, on a really stressful highway, instead of an 8 minute drive on pleasant back roads.

3. Any new symptoms?
    Nothing new, just dealing with some insomnia, heartburn, and morning nausea. I also started on an anti-depressant a few weeks ago (to help combat PPD, which I got with my 1st and never treated). It seems to be helping!

...See answer 2. :)
    Also, has anyone else had a NST? What is the point of them? And can I read a book during it?

Well, I was (and still am, I guess) hoping to finish baby's quilt and a little doll for DD (so she can have a baby, too). But at this point, I'm also okay with this kid coming whenever he wants so I can stop driving that stupid highway. Boy I'm whiny about that highway. 
    I have weekly NSTs now.  They will put two electrodes on your belly, one to measure you and see if you are having any contractions, and one to monitor the baby's movements and heart rate.  They want to see the baby make a certain number of movements during the 25-30 min test, and have her heart rate go up corresponding to when she moves, then back down to her baseline.  You will also have a little button to press every time you feel baby move or kick so you could read but not totally zone out =).  I was told a successful test is an indication of the baby receiving good blood flow and oxygen still, and the placenta is functioning well.  If the test is failed, you would likely have an ultrasound to find out the reason.  Could be due to low fluid volume or a placenta that has started to deteriorate early.  The frequent tests are PITA, but are at least somewhat relaxing and totally non-invasive.

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • 1.How far along are you? How big is baby? 37 weeks - romaine lettuce!

2. Any upcoming appointments this week? - weekly NST followed by my OB appointment.  She decided to skip my strep swap last week because they expire, so I will be on the hook for that this time instead.

3. Any new symptoms?  None.  Feeling ok.

4. Rants/ Raves/ Questions?  My hospital has a visitor restriction in place due to the flu epidemic.  No kids allowed under 12.  This means DD can't be there at any of my appointments, which is very tough considering they are now weekly and I have to find care for her every time.  Unless the restriction is lifted very soon, she also will not be allowed to visit me on the maternity floor after the baby is here.  The thought is making me very sad =(

5. GTKY: (Sort of stolen from weekend) What's left on your to-do list before baby is born? Or are you just ready for baby to get here?  This baby needs to stay in for another couple weeks, please.  I need to do a car seat installation inspection this weekend and we need to continue putting our house back together after our basement reno project.  We're getting close!  Of course I would love to be holding her right now, but I'd rather wait a bit longer and feel fully prepared for her.

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16