Pregnant after IF

First Tri Check In - W/O Feb 12

2»

Re: First Tri Check In - W/O Feb 12

• Hey guys, weird question: On Monday night I had some light brown discharge (sorry if TMI) which was similar to something I'd experienced a few weeks before around 8 weeks, when the nurse at my RE's office said it was probably from the Endometrin applicator and to start just shoving it up there with my finger.

Anyway, I got lazy and started doing it with the applicator again and everything was fine until Monday. The spotting wasn't dark brown, just kinda beige, and flecked with darker brown bits (again, sorry if TMI). Thankfully I had my OB appointment on Tuesday morning and the midwife took a swab and said she didn't see anything under the microscope. She told me I could stop the Endometrin, so as of Monday night I haven't taken any, but I'm still getting a little spotting every day. It's clearly not new blood, but cripes, how long does it take for old blood to leave the body?? Anyone dealt with this particular issue with Endometrin or brown spotting around 12 weeks?

I just want to go to the bathroom one day without checking the TP, can I get an amen?  o:)
  • Congratulations @laurad75!!!!  Thank you @chicandbubbly for sharing, that is so amazing that you got pregnant on your own. So happy for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi everyone!!
    I'm 5w5d today! Tomorrow is our first sono since we are an IUI. 

Very bloated and craving comfort foods.

I'm having a hard time with work! 1- I'm tired and just have less energy. 2- I'm so excited about baby that I'm just not interested in work. Any tips to try to focus on work?
  • How far along? /EDD.  Any milestones?
    4 weeks today!! 9dpt 5dt
    Recent Results / Next Appointment?
    1st Beta today at 117. Next beta Saturday morning. 

How's it going? It's going well just nervous. First time doing ivf. But Pgd tested embryo so fingers crossed. Already exhausted. Is that normal? 
    3 MMC #1 Ivf Fet pregnancy BFP 2/10/18

• @Dragonfly6191. That sounds so exciting I bet you can't wait. Congratulations 
    3 MMC #1 Ivf Fet pregnancy BFP 2/10/18

• @laurad75. Congratulations!!!  So so happy for you, happy tears and all! ❤❤❤
  • Welcome new members! :)

@sarcasticowl I get a lot of what seems to be cervical irritation from the endometrin so I wonder if it would be that -- which could take a while to heal, much less for your body to pass all the old blood. I know, it's such a hassle. Mine beige just like you described. I hope it resolves really soon!

• Welcome @tiffanylyandell @joco617 And Congratulations!  The exhaustion is REAL, I'm afraid.  And totally normal.  As for concentrating, idk.  But I feel like after all we go through to get here, getting to the BABY takes even moar waiting, and more patience... I feel like time has a way of going so. Slow early in the pregnancy, but I'm sure it'll start to fly by the farther along we get... ;)
  • @businesswife That's wonderful! I'm glad she was so supportive.

• Hi ladies, excited to join in!

4w6d along, EDD 10/20

Latest results- Beta at 12dp5dt 1645. That was Tuesday AM and I don’t have another appointment until 3/1 for my first ultrasound! These next two weeks are going to be brutal. I am going to a baby shower tonight but zero plans for the weekend. Might need to find a new series on Netflix and have a serious binge. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend and I am so excited to be here with you guys!
    Me: 29 DH: 44
    DX: PCOS
    IUI #1, Nov 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2, Jan 2017 - BFN
    IVF #1, Feb 2017 - 22 eggs retrieved, 18 fertilized, 14 Day-5 blasts to freeze
    FET #1, Feb 2018 - 
  • Welcome @mando15 and congratulations.  I was not prepared for the anxiety of the post positive waiting but it is brutal.  Stay positive and seeing that first ultrasound is definitely worth the wait!  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @sarcasticowl amen to wishing I could wipe without a panic attack for once!  Have you had an ultrasound since you saw the brown spotting? The reason I ask is sometimes if you have bleeding up in your uterus, SCH, or clot it can come out a bit. Brown is a good thing because it is old blood.  This is what happened to me.  I was also told the Progesterone sticks might be causing irritation, but the truth is I had bleeding in uterus and needed to take it very easy while it resolved itself. Just because you might have that doesn't mean something will go wrong so not trying to panic you just brainstorming another option.  
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited February 2018
    Welcome new members, congratulations!!!  Look, I hate to break it to you, but wish someone would have broken it down for me a bit more.  Early Pregnancy and first trimester are exhausting.  You are going to be exhausted every day, stop being able to use your brain soon and very very anxious.  Best thing to do is plan for this and know it is coming so you can give yourself a break!  You are pregnant now and it hits all at once!  Also it is really nice to make friends on here who are around the same number of weeks as you.  That way you can support and bounce info off each other and feel like you are more sane when they go through the same. A few of us came in a wave and are getting close to 2nd trimester now and we will jump in with what we know also here and there. Welcome to the best board around!! We are all very nice here, no snark or bullying ....we've all been through enough already! 
  • @hottietoddy I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and everything looked fine according to them. No SCH or bleeding that they mentioned. Heartbeat was strong. It's just one of those annoying things they said.
  • Thank goodness for such good news!!! @sarcasticowl
  • hottietoddyhottietoddy member
    edited February 2018
    That's great @sarcasticowl!  Well sorry it's annoying but glad just a more minor issue and soon you'll be off the projesterone.  I had to do mine with fingers instead of stick and it is gross so I understand how annoying it is. Hang in there you can do it!

Update today- fired my Endocrinologist and got a new better doctor today. I've been so angry I want to call and curse them all out!  But I didn't and I'm proud of myself. Also took guts because I have felt trapped and scared to make a change just because jerky doctor 'knows' my OB and I was referred to him. 

Several terrible things.  Worst is after second Appointment Dr said he didn't have time to see me himself again and I had to see PA - I cried through entire next appt. as they asked me my full medical history from scratch for the 12th time (I counted).  I had to tell them I am pregnant even though the office already had me on insulin.  Then I tried to switch to another doctor in same practice and they told me the doctor would not allow it. They preferred I leave the practice all together. 
     final straw is- I'm having allergic reaction to Levemir insulin and they wanted me to just switch to humalin insulin and just wrote on the portal they are going to call it in.  I asked several questions like what is the difference and risk. And I just got very vague, well we might have to have you take twice a day because lasts less as long. Also wanted me to just start using syringes with no additional training on how. (Ps I tried syringe with Levemir for a few days  because thought allergy might have to do with latex pen stopper and husband had to just read instructions) 

Turns out new Endo says humulin only lasts 12 hours instead of 20 and totally changed my dose to start with for 2 times daily- plus gave me a pen and not syringes because it comes in a pen. Also made me Appointment with rep for NorvoNordisc to discuss exact ingredients and why I might be having reaction. Also told me I'm not supposed to refrigerate the insulin before use just for storage, where they had told me to stick myself was wrong and I'm supposed to pinch my skin/fat not just stick right in.  All I got from the other PA when I asked about fillers in meds is 'I'm not sure about that'.  Also I was never told to keep juice or what to do if I had a low and when I had the 38 reading scare about 2 weeks ago I was terrified and luckily smart enough to eat jelly- but husband had to Google it. 

In summary Gestational Diabetes should not be this complicated!!!

So new doctor is nice and trying new insulin tonight in back of arm and fingers crossed gets better. I also think I might opt out of my ob appointment next Tuesday.  Dr said I don't have to go and I have gone every week since week 6 or 7. I am so sick of Appointments and frankly I could use a break from ultrasounds. 
  • @hottietoddy you poor thing! I’m so glad you advocated for yourself and switched doctors. I can see that GD would be overwhelming enough without such terrible treatment from the doc. Hope tonight’s dose is better.

Welcome new ladies!!!!! Yes exhaustion is immediate and persistent- welcome to pregnancy :)
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Anyone having a real decrease in symptoms? At 12 weeks (today, yay!) I thought my anxiety would subside a little bit but this is the first week I did not have an u/s since the RE released me and I am starting to worry. I feel amazing, boobs are a little less sore, bloating doesn't seem as bad so of course I am wondering if baby is still there, still growing?? Wondering if anyone around this stage is feeling the same kind of way.....
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • @lablover78 every time I think they’re getting better, a few hours later I feel like a balloon and like my boobs will fall clean off. Night is the worst, but otherwise I’m with you in that there has been a marked reduction in symptoms. And I finally found the baby’s heartbeat on our Doppler so things are fine. Ever thought of picking one up to ease your mind? It takes awhile to master but it does help with the anxiety. I’m going to have to get used to once-monthly appointments and even then only heartbeat checks and no ultrasounds each time. We’ll all get through it together, hang in there!
  • @sarcasticowl just got back from a big Italian dinner and there’s that bloating!! A Doppler actually sounds like a great idea. Where did you get yours?
    TTC since May 2013
  • @lablover78 I borrowed it from a coworker who had her IVF baby in September. It’s a Sonoline B, though, and you can get one on Amazon. Good reviews the last time I checked!
  • @lablover sorry you are worried, I know the anxiety can be difficult! I have morning sickness but randomly I will have a day where it's not bad. It's totally normal!! It's also normal for symptoms to disappear or get better once you hit 2nd tri and you are so close! You didn't mentioned morning sickness (hopefully you don't have it! :)) but I read that it peaks at 9 weeks for most.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.