May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check In: Second Week of May (5/6-5/13)--Feb 19

silverhopesilverhope member
edited February 2018 in May 2018 Moms
Weekly check in for people who are due the second week of May: 5/6-5/12

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY: What would be your ideal way to spend a Saturday?
Me: 32 | DH: 35
Married: 8/22/15
BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: Due Date Check In: Second Week of May (5/6-5/13)--Feb 19

• Options
    29w1d. 5/6. Size of a New England cottontail rabbit.

We had a growth scan today bc I have ulcerative colitis and they wanted to check baby's growth. The good news is that my colitis is not impacting his growth. In fact, he is a fatty at 3 lb 7 oz already (66th percentile) and his head is in the 95th percentile  :'( I am really nervous about his giant head. Another good thing is he is head down though. Ugh, I was hoping baby's head size would take after me and not my bobble headed husband  :'(

Have regular OB appt this Weds. But it's with the nurse practitioner so meh. May wait on my bigger questions.

Lately with my nesting mode brain, I just want to stay home and put the nursery together and fix some of the other rooms in our house. We bought the house over a year ago and still have empty rooms and we hardly have any paintings or photos hanging. We have nails left up from the previous owners with nothing hanging from them. I wanna get things in order! 

But before baby, I used to try to see at least one friend each weekend. I would hate staying home. Pre-pregnancy, my ideal Saturday would have been staying in NYC with a friend. Waking up and going to a bottomless mimosa brunch, then going to a rooftop to hang out (if the weather is nice), then going to Central Park or a museum, and then grabbing a nice dinner and hanging out with a friend or DH out in NYC. 

• Options

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 28w 3d, an eggplant, due 5/11

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? We finally bought primer to prime the nursery walls so hopefully we'll start on that this week. Overall feeling pretty good. I can tell he's switched positions to breech/transverse, hoping he switches back soon, I can feel his movements much better when he's head down. 

Any upcoming appointments? appt and repeat 4D ultrasound on Wednesday, really hoping to get some good pictures since he didn't cooperate at all 2 weeks ago!

Relaxing, doing something fun as a family, or date night with my hubby. Overall just taking it easy and spending quality time together. 

@silverhope
    I'm right there with you, I'm ready to work on everything and get everything done. I feel like baby time is quickly approaching and there's not quite enough time in the day to get everything done.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    29 weeks today, due 5/8, according to babysizer.com she is the size of a gallon of milk, or Gizmo from The Gremlins
    I'm going to Tucson on Thursday to see my best friend from high school and her new baby (born in December).  Overall, I'm still feeling pretty good, definitely more tired and getting uncomfortable, but it seems like nothing compared to my twin pregnancy.  Rave-it's supposed to be around 70-75 degrees today and I'm so excited!!
    Midwife appointment next Tuesday, the 27th after I get back from Arizona. 
    I'm with everyone else, now that I feel like May is creeping up quickly, I'm getting antsy to get the nursery set up.  We've been using all of our weekends to get the house packed up and get ready to put on the market, so it's been nice to be so productive.  Normally, a good Saturday would be sleeping in, nice breakfast (ideally that I didn't have to cook) and then just being lazy, going to the movies or dinner, grilling out or having a picnic and walking through the woods type of thing would be pretty awesome.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    Baby is the size of an eggplant. 28+3. So happy the 3rd tri is finally here. 

Feeling a little uncomfortable. I just can’t get comfortable sitting, standing, or lying down. Soooo that’s fun. But otherwise no major complaints. Rave is that it’s so damn warm today! I love it. I wish it would stay like this for the rest of winter/spring. 

Thursday is my last US (assuming everything goes as planned), GD test, and a check up. I know we still have plenty of time for her to flip but it’s just making me nervous. She moves a lot but never really rotates in different directions. 

Good GTKY question! 

Right now it it would be buying and assembling baby stuff. But usually it would be breakfast and coffee in bed, going to the park with Family and playing with the kids. Lunch with alcohol and grilling out in the evening while everyone hangs out in the yard. Basically the way we spend every nice Saturday in the summer hahah
  • Options
    How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 28 + 5 / May 10th / I don't know, huge?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? Feeling good overall. Poor DD got another cold on Sunday, so her crankiness and both of our lack of sleep hasn't been great. Hoping I can avoid getting her cold!

Any upcoming appointments? I have 1 tomorrow where I'm sure we'll have to discuss starting up kick counts and that kind of stuff. How do I have time to concentrate on counting kicks while running after DD?!

Hanging out with DH and DD for a while doing some type of family excursion in the morning, but then getting some time to myself too, so I can exercise or go shopping or out with friends in the afternoon. At night, eating pizza and vegging out on the couch with DH.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    28 weeks and 3 days - due May 10. I think this means we’re the size of an eggplant but I’m dying to know where people find the more clever baby size comparisons! 

Feeling ok - struggled with fainting early on which subsided during the second tri. It seems to be coming back a bit - my guess is because of baby’s size. Also, I had been trying to stay active but now walking down the block makes me huff and puff. Other than that passed the glucose screen (yay!) and baby is moving a lot so it’s all good. 

Dr appts - got my rhogam and tdap last Friday and then going back next week for regular OB appt. next sono isn’t until the end of March (sad!). 

Ideal saturday - these days it’s nesting and trying to get ready for baby - I never have time during the week. Pre baby I was with the first commenter — a few mimosas at brunch in NYC with friends and family, and then finding a place outside and dinner with hubby. I think our post-baby Saturday routine will be very different! 
  • Options
    @maplemom18 I try to do mine when I lay down to go to bed at night.  That's when it's easiest for me to lay still, and when I tend to feel her a lot anyway.  Don't know if that would work for you, if it does take the full 2 hours to get 10 movements you might fall asleep!!  I've never had it take that long, though.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    @silverhope is this your first? Sorry I can't remember. My last had a big head. I know it's hard but try not to worry, ;) and if all else fails, blame daddy! I hope they are a lil off on the size. But on the plus side. Big chubby babies are adorable. 
  • Options
    28weeks 5days, eggplant I suppose. And due 5/11 but c/s scheduled for after 37weeks

I am doing the 24hour pee in a jug test today. I am sore a lot, this little guy likes to stay low and in my pelvis. My bladder and cervix are his punching bags. I also get short of breath way too easily. 

Tomorrow! The 22nd. Normal OB appointment and have to turn in urine. I am trying to stay positive about my BP 

Not being pregnant, my favorite way to spend a Saterday is hiking in the woods! No way I could do that right now sadly. So if I had my way, I would be spending the rest of my pregnancy sleeping on Saturdays lol. I don't have the nesting urge like the rest of you. Maybe cuz I plan on having baby sleep in our room for the first yr or so, no nursey. And the things we need to move around such as comic boxes, I can't lift without getting light headed anyways. Still not sure where to put those! 
  • Options
    @sandbar517 lol and I have been excited that it's been in the 30s and snowing lightly once in awhile! :D you can keep the heat!
  • Options
    @knottie5e8f22948c0e94ea the Ovia app for different animals based on weeks. Also, if you change your username it'll be easier for people to tag you in posts  :)

@Kendrajos yup, first LO! I hope delivery goes okay. I'm trying to just tell myself that he needs space for his giant, intelligent brain ha  :D

• Options
    @sandbar517 Good idea! Any suggestions for morning? I'll be going to my appt in an hour, but I remember from last time, I was supposed to do morning and night.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @maplemom18 not sure, I think the recommendation is just once a day. 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17